Speculation: Jacobs to sell Bruins, buy Bills?

SonOfWade

Didn't see this anywhere on the board, so I thought I'd post it.

I heard this being discussed on WGR this morning, and now there is an interview with sportswriter Jim Kelley on WBEN. While Kelley says it's still rumor and speculation, he says with regard to the sale of the Bruins "that where there's smoke, there's fire" and that Jacobs was one of the people initially interested in owning the expansion Cleveland Browns.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broonz fans everywhere would rejoice at this news.

But while dumping the Bruins would make Jacobs eligible to buy the Bills, there's still the minor detail about Ralph saying he's not selling the team ...

But while dumping the Bruins would make Jacobs eligible to buy the Bills, there's still the minor detail about Ralph saying he's not selling the team ...

Very true, Lori. Though it is also true that Delaware North has recently taken over Bills merchandising operations (including the store in Rochester), which suggests an effort to get a foot in the door.

I also hold out some hope that what Ralph says and does are too different things in this matter. As Schumer indirectly pointed out, publicly saying that things were getting could be counterproductive to keeping the Bills here.

Let's take speculation one step further. What if Jacob's is looking to sell the Bruins, purchase the Bills and the Sabres? The one article states two teams in the same city is possible. Golisano listens to offers, but insists the team has to stay. Jacobs is local and already in the NHL. Unfortunately something will be done with the Bills. Jacobs is local, owns the concessions, etc. Might be a good match. How about minor investors Golisano and Rich. Pure speculation, but the possibilities could be interesting go ensure the teams stay here. Hmmmm....

I just hope that Jacobs would be a better owner for the Bills than he was for the Bruins. He was notorious in Boston for being cheap and not spending for players even though they played in one of the biggest markets in the country for the sport. He's stepped it up recently, but I know that most Bruins fans hate the guy and can't wait for him to sell.

Oh dear lord let this not be true. Jacobs uses the Bruins and their fans like an ATM. Winning is not a priority.

Well, on the flip side, Jacobs has shown dedication to WNY. If anyone is going to keep the Bills here, they are going to have to put a good team on the field the majority of the time. There will be no easy money for the future owner(s).