Bills Simmons' Column Today

weezy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about last year's NHL Rookie of the Year who just so happenend to be TWENTY YEARS OLD and from Buffalo...??? Oh wait, I forgot Simmons hates hockey. Nevermind.

If we are including famous athletes. You could include Greg Oden, and the "junkyard dog" Jerome Williams. Both 1st overall picks in the NBA draft.

What about last year's NHL Rookie of the Year who just so happenend to be TWENTY YEARS OLD and from Buffalo...??? Oh wait, I forgot Simmons hates hockey. Nevermind.

Simmons hates hockey because the Bruins haven't been relavent in years. He's a fuggin front-runner, just like the rest of the Mass-holes. The minute the Bruins start flirting with hockey in May, he'll bore us with 17 pop culture-references (90210, Swingers, Ferris Buellers Day Off, etc...) to the hockey team and tell us about the phone conversations he and his dad had about the team...

I'll give this to him, he's so polarizing, he's always among the top searches on ESPN's website.

Simmons hates hockey because the Bruins haven't been relavent in years. He's a fuggin front-runner, just like the rest of the Mass-holes. The minute the Bruins start flirting with hockey in May, he'll bore us with 17 pop culture-references (90210, Swingers, Ferris Buellers Day Off, etc...) to the hockey team and tell us about the phone conversations he and his dad had about the team...

I'll give this to him, he's so polarizing, he's always among the top searches on ESPN's website.

Simmons is the quintessential front running boston ****. He personifies that entire dirtbag scum sucking fan base. Thats why he gets so many hits. So many people hate him.

I am not sure who Vincent Gallo is, maybe he is from before my time...but I do know who JON CORTO is!!!

Does Billdo "The Dildo" Simmons?

Never heard of Vincent Gallo? Rent "Buffalo 66". If your over 21, rent "Brown Bunny"

As for Simmons, he's a typical Boston homer. I don't bother to read anything of his.

Never heard of Vincent Gallo? Rent "Buffalo 66". If your over 21, rent "Brown Bunny"

As for Simmons, he's a typical Boston homer. I don't bother to read anything of his.

Haha, that also has to be the first time that Gallo and Jon Corto have been mentioned in the same sentence in the history of the English language. Wow.

I am not sure who Vincent Gallo is, maybe he is from before my time...

He's a tortured artist from Buffalo who makes shiity movies. I guarantee that 99% of the people nationwide who read Simmons' article have no clue who the guy is either.

Simmons got SO LUCKY in that his sports teams got hot just around the time he started writing for ESPN. Interest in his articles picked up because the Pats and Red Sox (and now Celtics) are actually relevant teams. It made his fans love him more, and it made people who hated his articles hate him more.

The thing about the Internet, the stats don't lie. If X amount of people have clicked on your webpage to read your article, that's hard data. A newspaper, somebody might buy for your article, but they also might buy it because they're looking for a lawn mower in the classifieds. I'm sure Simmons generates a lot of traffic. [simmons haters, feel free to insert "ass traffic" joke now.]

All I know is, if my ditzy wife who spent all day watching MTV "reality" shows and reading gossip magizines was beating me at football picks, I'd stop gambling ASAP.

Bill is another bitter Patriots fan who will continue to tweak Buffalo fans by making Toronto jokes because he has no other way to say crappy things about the Bills. It's a sign to me that the Bills have become a decent team when a chowderhead takes the low road like this.

Believe me I know. I have to put up with them all the time. However, they have been collectively quite silent this week since the Miami game.

He's a tortured artist from Buffalo who makes shiity movies. I guarantee that 99% of the people nationwide who read Simmons' article have no clue who the guy is either.

Simmons got SO LUCKY in that his sports teams got hot just around the time he started writing for ESPN. Interest in his articles picked up because the Pats and Red Sox (and now Celtics) are actually relevant teams. It made his fans love him more, and it made people who hated his articles hate him more.

The thing about the Internet, the stats don't lie. If X amount of people have clicked on your webpage to read your article, that's hard data. A newspaper, somebody might buy for your article, but they also might buy it because they're looking for a lawn mower in the classifieds. I'm sure Simmons generates a lot of traffic. [simmons haters, feel free to insert "ass traffic" joke now.]

All I know is, if my ditzy wife who spent all day watching MTV "reality" shows and reading gossip magizines was beating me at football picks, I'd stop gambling ASAP.

All very well put. And besides, I think we all know that the "Sports Gal" columns are written by Simmons too. Another gimmick as he tries to hold onto eyeballs.

Holding eyeballs... eeewww.

I knew it!

I read Simmons, got to his Bills section, came here, and guess what topic was at the top of the list?

Simmons is funny, but there are times I can't stand what he writes. I think you guys are taking a Pats* fan and Mass-hole way too seriously here. Enjoy the good start and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

From his power rankings:

All good points. My initial response is that when Vincent Gallo is your city's signature celebrity, maybe you shouldn't have an NFL team. But I'm willing to be talked into it. From everything I've read, the Bills are struggling to survive financially and lack the funds to build a better stadium, only they don't have the balls to leave Buffalo, only they don't want another NFL team to move to Toronto -- the best territory that isn't an NFL city yet -- so they're basically "marking" that Toronto territory like a dog by playing eight games there over the next three years. Either it was a shrewd business move (they made $78 million, more than their 2006 and 2007 operating income combined), a passive-aggressive play that deserves to be mocked, or both. But it's nothing like the 1979 NBA champs getting hijacked from Seattle for no good reason. Seattle could support an NBA team; it's unclear if Buffalo can support the Bills.

(Note: If I'm wrong, then tell me why. And try to do it without using swear words or comparing me to various orifices. Thank you.)"

My God this man is a dickweed.

I can put up with him dissing the Bills, I really can. We do it all the time on here and I think there's a general consensus that trashtalking a team is acceptable. Trashtalking a city however...

Whatever you feel about the Toronto games, we continue to sell out games well into December in an open air stadium. We continue to support them, even at our bleakest moments. I think he's going to get trolled pretty damn hard.