Sporting News Power Rankings

shoveldog

Pittsburgh? :lol:

Obviously you disagree, but Pittsburgh has the #2 defense in the league. Sure, their offense is struggling a bit right now, but this is the same group of guys that last year tallied a very respectable 9th in offensive points per game at 24.6. Their only loss was a close one to Philadelphia who is very strong.

Obviously you disagree, but Pittsburgh has the #2 defense in the league. Sure, their offense is struggling a bit right now, but this is the same group of guys that last year tallied a very respectable 9th in offensive points per game at 24.6. Their only loss was a close one to Philadelphia who is very strong.

Who've Cleveland and Houston looked good against? No offense but Pittsburgh's offense is in shambles and their coach looks very overmatched. They were the flavor of the month after week 2 based on beating up on 2 bad football teams.

Who've Cleveland and Houston looked good against? No offense but Pittsburgh's offense is in shambles and their coach looks very overmatched. They were the flavor of the month after week 2 based on beating up on 2 bad football teams.

Tomlin's decision not to kick a FG at the end of the Eagles' game on 4th down when they were down 9 is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever witnessed. Either the guy is clueless, or he has emasculated his staff to the extent they won't tell him what they really think.

Edit: can you even begin to imagine what this board would look like if Jauron made that sort of decision?

Tomlin's decision not to kick a FG at the end of the Eagles' game on 4th down when they were down 9 is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever witnessed. Either the guy is clueless, or he has emasculated his staff to the extent they won't tell him what they really think.

Edit: can you even begin to imagine what this board would look like if Jauron made that sort of decision?

I didn't see this, please explain.

I didn't see this posted yet... Sporting News Vinney Iyer has bills ranked #3.

Not sure I agree. I cannot see us as a better team than Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, but it's nice to see some serious respect coming our way.

Linky

The NFC is still ???? to me. The Steelers are on the downslide. They fought tooth and nail last year to beat Miami and only scored 3 points.

I didn't see this posted yet... Sporting News Vinney Iyer has bills ranked #3.

Not sure I agree. I cannot see us as a better team than Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, but it's nice to see some serious respect coming our way.

Linky

Huh, what did you say? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Got a little distracted by the ass in your avatar

I didn't see this, please explain.

Down by 9, Pittsburgh had the ball in Philly territory on 4th & long with (I think) under a minute left. Tomlin had the offense go for it and Roethlisberger threw an incomplete pass.

The play would have been to kick the FG (I think the ball was around the 25 or 30 yard line) then try for the on-sides kick.

It really is surreal to see the Bills ranked so freakin' high, even if just after week 3.

I hope everyone is enjoying this to the hilt.

I certainly am...it's been a while since we've been given some national recognition.

I just hope the guys can follow this through....but if we lose to the Pats*, all we'll hear is how the Bills are too young and the Pats* are still the greatest thing to happen to the NFL since Tedy Bruschi was born. :lol:

Down by 9, Pittsburgh had the ball in Philly territory on 4th & long with (I think) under a minute left. Tomlin had the offense go for it and Roethlisberger threw an incomplete pass.

The play would have been to kick the FG (I think the ball was around the 25 or 30 yard line) then try for the on-sides kick.

It was worse than that. 4th and 10 from Philly's 15, so it was a chip shot FG, with more than 1:00 on the clock.

Absolute no-brainer. You kick the FG to get within 6, then you have a chance for an onside kick to try and get the TD.

It was worse than that. 4th and 10 from Philly's 15, so it was a chip shot FG, with more than 1:00 on the clock.

Absolute no-brainer. You kick the FG to get within 6, then you have a chance for an onside kick to try and get the TD.

Wow. That is the most basic football decision out there.

Wow. That is the most basic football decision out there.

In the interest of accuracy I went back and checked the play-by-play. My stats were a bit off -- not that it changes anything.

It was 4th and 10 from the 22 (still a FG of under 40 yards), and after the play ended Philly took over with :35 on the clock.

Still, one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever witnessed. You can even make a strong argument they should have kicked the FG on 3rd down (at the 13) with over a minute left, but they ran a pass play and Leftwich was sacked.

In the interest of accuracy I went back and checked the play-by-play. My stats were a bit off -- not that it changes anything.

It was 4th and 10 from the 22 (still a FG of under 40 yards), and after the play ended Philly took over with :35 on the clock.

Still, one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever witnessed. You can even make a strong argument they should have kicked the FG on 3rd down (at the 13) with over a minute left, but they ran a pass play and Leftwich was sacked.

If Jauron did that you would throw him a testimonial dinner. :lol:

If Jauron did that you would throw him a testimonial dinner. :lol:

I'm actually curious as to how my assertion that Jauron has done a decent job with a below average team and deserves a chance to prove his worth with this squad has been morphed into a misrepresentation that I ever so much as hinted the guy can do no wrong. Seriously.

Down by 9, Pittsburgh had the ball in Philly territory on 4th & long with (I think) under a minute left. Tomlin had the offense go for it and Leftwich threw an incomplete pass.

Rothlisberger was hurt