Sarah Palin

TPS

Makes Dan Quayle look intelligent.

First: I have not voted for either major party in the presidential election since 1992. Second, after watching her interviews, I have to throw my 1 cent in on this: you've got to be smoking crack if you defend this idiot. No wonder McCain is going to make sure there is no VP debate--she is a !@#$ing dolt!

Christ! I understand most of you vote your party lines, but anyone who tries to defend her is a total party hack.

Hey, if she (errr...he) wins, maybe AD will be the next Treasury Secretary... :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: I have not voted for either major party in the presidential election since 1992. Second, after watching her interviews, I have to throw my 1 cent in on this: you've got to be smoking crack if you defend this idiot. No wonder McCain is going to make sure there is no VP debate--she is a !@#$ing dolt!

Christ! I understand most of you vote your party lines, but anyone who tries to defend her is a total party hack.

Hey, if she (errr...he) wins, maybe AD will be the next Treasury Secretary... :lol:

Did you vote?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiM...WMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

As we’ve seen and heard more from John McCain’s running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn’t know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Palin didn’t make a mess cracking the glass ceiling. She simply glided through it.

It was fun while it lasted.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.

What to do?

McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP’s unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.

How do you like the rest of them:

1) McCain voted against tax cuts and drilling, and he authored the Amnesty Bill.

2) Obama is a huckster who has a close relationship with every radical in the USA, and of course his friend in real estate.

3) Biden is such a complete ass that he insinuated that Hillary, of all idiots, might be more qualified than he is.

Could she really be worse than those nitwits?

1) McCain voted against tax cuts and drilling, and he authored the Amnesty Bill.

2) Obama is a huckster who has a close relationship with every radical in the USA, and of course his friend in real estate.

3) Biden is such a complete ass that he insinuated that Hillary, of all idiots, might be more qualified than he is.

Obama has a close relationship with every radical in the country? Rush say that?

If you think she is even in the SAME LEAGUE as the other three, I'm wondering what you have been watching. At least if I'm going to be bullshiited by a politician, I like that politician to be smarter or have more worldly experience than I do. She couldn't bullshiit a 7th grade social studies class.

Let's be honest here, these are softballs lobbed in by KATIE-FREAKING-COURIC that she's stumbling over.

I thought GWB was the worst "think-on-my-feet" politician I had ever seen. But at least his handlers can get him to a place where he can give some semblance of an answer to a question. He has his own limited understanding of the answers he's giving. Palin is painful to watch, much more so than ANY national politician I can recall, and it's not even remotely close. She's a disaster.

If you think she is even in the SAME LEAGUE as the other three, I'm wondering what you have been watching. At least if I'm going to be bullshiited by a politician, I like that politician to be smarter or have more worldly experience than I do. She couldn't bullshiit a 7th grade social studies class.

Let's be honest here, these are softballs lobbed in by KATIE-FREAKING-COURIC that she's stumbling over.

I thought GWB was the worst "think-on-my-feet" politician I had ever seen. But at least his handlers can get him to a place where he can give some semblance of an answer to a question. He has his own limited understanding of the answers he's giving. Palin is painful to watch, much more so than ANY national politician I can recall, and it's not even remotely close. She's a disaster.

But she's pro-life, and that trumps everything else, don't cha know.

But she's pro-life, and that trumps everything else, don't cha know.

That's not even the point. I agree and disagree with MANY politicians and their various positions. However, I admire someone who can eloquently argue their point and at the very least, sound like they are as intelligent as you would expect a high-ranking national government official to be (notice I said "sound like"; it doesn't even really matter if you are smart, you just have to be able to fake it well.)

Palin is only a few years removed from being a mayor of a suburb. I wouldn't expect her to understand the complexities of the financial markets, or have a solution for the trade deficit with China. However, you WOULD expect that she could communicate her party's beliefs and stances and have a general understanding of national and international affairs, enough so that she could complete sentences with coherent answers. Even if you knew you were getting the bullshiit, she should be able to deliver it.

She sounds like she's trying to talk above herself, and stammers through answers even she doesn't understand, which makes her come off worse.

However, you WOULD expect that she could communicate her party's beliefs and stances and have a general understanding of national and international affairs, enough so that she could complete sentences with coherent answers. Even if you knew you were getting the bullshiit, she should be able to deliver it.

Or at least have subject-verb agreement. Palin's sentences meander like Connecticut back roads. She starts in one thought and then switches midstream.

At this point when she goes into big interviews like that, I imagine her heart is about in her throat and just getting words out seems like an accomplishment, whatever order they're in. For her sake, I hope she gets over this. But holy crap, to say she is out of her league is like saying a Little Leaguer isn't prepared to make a jump to the NFL.

Obama has a close relationship with every radical in the country? Rush say that?

Dude. You are so right. There are so many loser hippy commies out there that there is no way Obama could know them all. I mean, he has focused his time with some real good ones like people who bomb government buildings and stuff but no way does he know them all.

I don't want to put words in Bill's mouth but I think he got it backwards. He said that Obama hangs out with all the commies but I think he meant that everyone Obama hangs out with is a commie. See the difference?

Most hippies don't even know who they are much less know how to hang out with a high fallutin commie like Obama. Obama type commies only accept the hippies to get their votes. They won't ever be in the same room with them due to the smell.

Or at least have subject-verb agreement. Palin's sentences meander like Connecticut back roads. She starts in one thought and then switches midstream.

At this point when she goes into big interviews like that, I imagine her heart is about in her throat and just getting words out seems like an accomplishment, whatever order they're in. For her sake, I hope she gets over this. But holy crap, to say she is out of her league is like saying a Little Leaguer isn't prepared to make a jump to the NFL.

How can you ask for subject-verb agreement when you can't even achieve sport-sport agreement?

College nerds. :devil::lol::lol:

Yes.