Nice Article by Tim Graham

Bills are starting to believe after 3-0 start

September 21, 2008 6:43 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- A sacrilegious cheer resounded at Ralph Wilson Stadium sometime in the fourth quarter.

Buffalo Bills fans actually were rooting for the Miami Dolphins. The update flashed: Dolphins 35, Patriots 13.

"A couple guys started chanting that Miami's winning," Bills defensive end Chris Kelsay said. "Towards the end of the fourth quarter we were on the sideline, and I glance up and it's way out of hand. It was obvious Miami was going to win that game."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

:thumbsup:

And Tim should know, Bills fans weren't rooting for Miami. They were rooting AGAINST the Pats*. (I had to explain that to some confused people at the bar, too.) Miami can rot in hell. Pats* getting beat is what the cheering was about.

Great article. My favorite part:

"We didn't play well, and everybody stayed positive," Bills receiver Lee Evans said. Edwards "stayed positive, stayed a leader in the huddle. We just kept plugging away."

In his after game press conference TE said he really wanted to win it for his teammates but he mostly wanted to win it for coach Jauron and that there were a lot of guys in the lockerroom that felt the same way. :thumbsup:

I like the stuff he writes and everything but what does this mean?

"Reports out of Oakland had been portending Kiffin's ouster since his abdominal loss to the Denver Broncos in Week 1."

This is from TG's blog post on Kiffin, a little further down on that page. Direct link: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-137...job-status.html

It's true...Kiffin has no guts.

Tim Graham ROCKS! :w00t: Met him before the game yesterday in Lot 1. (Thank you! Lori for inviting him over!) :w00t:

No invitation necessary (although I certainly would have offered one); that was entirely Tim's doing. When I PMed him Saturday evening to let him know about the thread on his Crowell story, he asked where we'd be at before the game and said he'd love to stop by.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, Tim, and it was a pleasure to meet you. 'S funny -- when the Bills looked like they were dead in the water and Miami was rolling in Foxborough, I wondered if you were having second thoughts about switching games. Glad they gave you a great story (and us an even better win) after all.

No invitation necessary (although I certainly would have offered one); that was entirely Tim's doing. When I PMed him Saturday evening to let him know about the thread on his Crowell story, he asked where we'd be at before the game and said he'd love to stop by.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, Tim, and it was a pleasure to meet you. 'S funny -- when the Bills looked like they were dead in the water and Miami was rolling in Foxborough, I wondered if you were having second thoughts about switching games. Glad they gave you a great story (and us an even better win) after all.

I have to admit I'm still having second thoughts. That game at New England was epic for a lot of reasons, and I do cover the whole division. That the Bills actually won at least justified my trip. Had the Bills lost, ESPN would have been very disppointed it took me off that game.

I had a great time before the game. As I mentioned to Lori, I got itchy hanging around there. I would have preferred that setting to the press box. Going inside to work is the decision I really second-guessed yesterday.

I have to admit I'm still having second thoughts. That game at New England was epic for a lot of reasons, and I do cover the whole division. That the Bills actually won at least justified my trip. Had the Bills lost, ESPN would have been very disppointed it took me off that game.

I had a great time before the game. As I mentioned to Lori, I got itchy hanging around there. I would have preferred that setting to the press box. Going inside to work is the decision I really second-guessed yesterday.

If you got itchy try this next time. We Bills fans have some hygiene problems now and again. I wasn't there so it wasn't me. :thumbsup: