Marshawn is speaking to the media again

FluffHead

Well that was a meanful link. Why didn't you just mention that nothing was said, it would be easier. :(

WOW did you even read what the link said. It said the interview would be up shortly. It's up now. I am watching it. It almost seems like someone made him do this interview. He seems alittle annoyed and uncomfortable. He lightens up at the end. At least the media guys didn't ask him about his off the field stuff. Not sure if they were told not to or if they took the hint that if they want to speak to Marshawn they shoudl not ask those questions.

I really didn't think he looked that bad. He is guarded and unenthused, sure, but I don't think it was that bad.

I am guessing the team's PR staff worked a deal between the regular press corps and Marshawn, setting ground rules.

according to wgr550:

Lynch Breaks Silence

Bills running back Marshawn Lynch broke his media silence after Friday's practice in Orchard Park. Lynch answered questions about the upcoming Raiders game. Lynch walked away when a final question brought up the May traffic infraction.

A reporter attempted to broach the subject but Lynch ended the interview, saying "You had to be the one to do it. You wanted to go there."

what a dumbass..he'll never talk to them again

according to wgr550:

Lynch Breaks Silence

Bills running back Marshawn Lynch broke his media silence after Friday's practice in Orchard Park. Lynch answered questions about the upcoming Raiders game. Lynch walked away when a final question brought up the May traffic infraction.

A reporter attempted to broach the subject but Lynch ended the interview, saying "You had to be the one to do it. You wanted to go there."

You could call him a dumbass or you could say he was doing his job. There is fine line in journalism.

My opinion on this one is that the reporter didn't need to ask the question at this point as that whole ordeal is long over and there are plenty of other newsworthy topics that should be discussed. But, I do not think the reporter should refrain from asking that question simply because it will keep Lynch pissed or cause the media boycott to resume.

The media in general is turning into the paparrazzi. our society cares more about what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is doing then the current economic crisis or the election. In order to sell newspapers they have to turn into what was considered the scumbags of the media world.

It's too bad he now feels like he can't show his true personality to the media.

I agree. Still, although you know he was being very guarded, he was professional and gave answers and wasn't "gruff". I think he will come around and get back to his old self, some day.

If he would have answered the questions several months ago, this would have blown over by now. You may want to reconsider who the dumbass really is? :(

The media in general is turning into the paparrazzi. our society cares more about what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is doing then the current economic crisis or the election. In order to sell newspapers they have to turn into what was considered the scumbags of the media world.

True enough. It really makes my stomach churn. The only way to stop it is to stop watching, reading and listening to "news" outlets that go that direction. They are forced to go the way the consumers want them to.

I agree. Still, although you know he was being very guarded, he was professional and gave answers and wasn't "gruff". I think he will come around and get back to his old self, some day.

I don't know about you guys, but that was painful for me to watch. You could tell that he has a lot of contempt and was expecting that question...and apparently got it.

It's old news. I say just let it go.

Marshawn gets paid to run the football, which he's doing very well.

For those of you who disagree with my take, I invite you to WebEx with me and I'll interview you about all of your personal business, too. We can talk about how you cheated on your wife, or maybe knocked up a younger girl....you know, personal stuff that you don't want anyone to know. Those things don't make you less of an accountant or construction worker.

I don't know about you guys, but that was painful for me to watch. You could tell that he has a lot of contempt and was expecting that question...and apparently got it.

It's old news. I say just let it go.

Marshawn gets paid to run the football, which he's doing very well.

For those of you who disagree with my take, I invite you to WebEx with me and I'll interview you about all of your personal business, too. We can talk about how you cheated on your wife, or maybe knocked up a younger girl....you know, personal stuff that you don't want anyone to know. Those things don't make you less of an accountant or construction worker.

Have you cheated on your wife? No

Knocked up a younger girl? No

See how easy that was. If Lynch would have answered the questions after the accident happened, this would have all been forgotten. Don't blame the media, blame the people involved in the hit-and-run and the dumbass lawyer who told Lynch to go into hiding. :(

Have you cheated on your wife? No

Knocked up a younger girl? No

See how easy that was. If Lynch would have answered the questions after the accident happened, this would have all been forgotten. Don't blame the media, blame the people involved in the hit-and-run and the dumbass lawyer who told Lynch to go into hiding. :(

Once again failure of people understanding the Miranda Laws. He doesn't have to say anything and people should respect that.

Once again failure of people understanding the Miranda Laws. He doesn't have to say anything and people should respect that.

blah, blah, blah...The big bad Buffalo media is treating him poorly. I'd love to see how Lynch would be fairing with the media if this had happened in a big market.

He's a professional athlete in the limelight. Suck it up and be a man. All he has to say is...

"I've put this behind me and I won't have any further comment on the situation".

Instead he pouts and walks away from the reporters. He appears to have a very good future on the field but needs to grow up in a hurry when he is off the field!!

according to wgr550:

Lynch Breaks Silence

i never saw that part. It must have been edited out.

You could call him a dumbass or you could say he was doing his job. There is fine line in journalism.

My opinion on this one is that the reporter didn't need to ask the question at this point as that whole ordeal is long over and there are plenty of other newsworthy topics that should be discussed. But, I do not think the reporter should refrain from asking that question simply because it will keep Lynch pissed or cause the media boycott to resume.

My opinion is on the side of dumbass.....

Media....let it $*%$ing go. We need this guy to be a Bill for a while.

blah, blah, blah...The big bad Buffalo media is treating him poorly. I'd love to see how Lynch would be fairing with the media if this had happened in a big market.

He's a professional athlete in the limelight. Suck it up and be a man. All he has to say is...

"I've put this behind me and I won't have any further comment on the situation".

Instead he pouts and walks away from the reporters. He appears to have a very good future on the field but needs to grow up in a hurry when he is off the field!!

Nice try on a rebutal but he said that in his statement released to the press and also when the Media was there when he paid his traffic fine. But oh wait the Press doesn't have to respect Marshawn's wishes granted to him for being a US Citizen in the name of "Freedom of Press". I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves.