Marshawn is speaking to the media again

FluffHead

My guess is that it was probably Sullivan who asked the question. He has a knack for being somewhat tactless. Although I personally believe that any such question would be fair game, perhaps if worded tactfully, Sullivan (or whoever asked the question) may have actually gotten a decent response from Marshawn. Instead, the question was presented in a way to provoke him -- and that is probably what the intent was in the first place.

Now, if Marshawn can just pin up this anger and take it out on the Raiders...

Nice try on a rebutal but he said that in his statement released to the press and also when the Media was there when he paid his traffic fine. But oh wait the Press doesn't have to respect Marshawn's wishes granted to him for being a US Citizen in the name of "Freedom of Press". I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves.

What I want to know is exactly what is going to happen positive by bringing up that question.....

Its OVER....

We are behind you Marshawn

My guess is that it was probably Sullivan who asked the question. He has a knack for being somewhat tactless. Although I personally believe that any such question would be fair game, perhaps if worded tactfully, Sullivan (or whoever asked the question) may have actually gotten a decent response from Marshawn. Instead, the question was presented in a way to provoke him -- and that is probably what the intent was in the first place.

Now, if Marshawn can just pin up this anger and take it out on the Raiders...

Actually I dont know if you picked up on it but anything with the term "offseason" was cauging Marshawn to squirm and want to get out of there.....there is no way this could have been worded to make him feel comfortable.....

It just needs to be let go.....simple as that

My opinion is on the side of dumbass.....

Media....let it $*%$ing go. We need this guy to be a Bill for a while.

Oh, you think this could run him out of town? You live on the other coast, right? You think the media would be nicer or more considerate over there? No way, not anywhere. The media's job is not to keep a team on the right track. Their job is to cover the news. I am not sure the accident is still news, though, but since he never gave anything other than a canned, lawyer-written statement about it, yeah, there is value for a reporter to ask the question.

Nice try on a rebutal but he said that in his statement released to the press and also when the Media was there when he paid his traffic fine. But oh wait the Press doesn't have to respect Marshawn's wishes granted to him for being a US Citizen in the name of "Freedom of Press". I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves.
You are making absolutely no sense. No one's rights are being infringed upon in any way. Tell me how I am wrong.

First, the reporter is well within his Constitutional right to ask and say whatever he wants, whether you think it is in poor taste of not. I don't care about a press release or anything else, the reporter has the right to ask whatever he wants as many times as he wants. Marshawn has the right to answer it or not answer it in any way he so chooses. So both people were able to fully exercise their rights.

What I want to know is exactly what is going to happen positive by bringing up that question.....

Its OVER....

We are behind you Marshawn

Why do you think the reporter has to worry about what's going to happen "positive" by asking the question? He isn't a member of the team. He is a member of the press. I can tell you what might happen, the reporter might actually get a quote or at least a response, both of which make news. That's what he got, and that's why we're here talking about it.

Why do you think the reporter has to worry about what's going to happen "positive" by asking the question? He isn't a member of the team. He is a member of the press. I can tell you what might happen, the reporter might actually get a quote or at least a response, both of which make news. That's what he got, and that's why we're here talking about it.

And that my friend is what is wrong with the media.....as a fan i dont want to hear that @hit.....its over.

So true. I wasn't a member to the boards during the hit-and-run accident, but my sentiments were that he handled it perfectly. The citizens of Buffalo bitched about it, saying that he got treated specially, but the actuality of it, is that he did get treated specially. In a negative way. In the world of the media you're guilty until proven innocent, and when you have to shake that off you in court, it is difficult. He decided not to create a side-show, or say anything that could potentially hurt his reputation or impending "trial". That was tremendous.

As far as the Interview goes, how scared were the reporters? That was unbearable to watch, but I laughed really hard when they struggled to ask him how much he weighed.

"Last year...umm...you checked in...or you weighed...you were listed at 215...uhh...what are you now??"

"215"

I fell out of my chair.

And that my friend is what is wrong with the media.....as a fan i dont want to hear that @hit.....its over.

And if you were, say, a fan of a particular presidential candidate, you might not want to hear about his mistakes. But that's what the media does. There is whole lot wrong with the media today, but that isn't part of it. When they stop reporting on certain things ismply because there are groups who don't want to hear about it, then the media will be totally broken and nothing more than entertainment. And it's not over until the media says it's over. :wallbash:

And if you were, say, a fan of a particular presidential candidate, you might not want to hear about his mistakes. But that's what the media does. There is whole lot wrong with the media today, but that isn't part of it. When they stop reporting on certain things ismply because there are groups who don't want to hear about it, then the media will be totally broken and nothing more than entertainment. And it's not over until the media says it's over. :wallbash:

First off....lets not turn this into some type of "political thing" which I dont get into at all (you dont see me over on that board for a reason) Marshawn Lynch is not being asked to run our country....he is being asked to run the god damned ball....and what goes on in his personal life is HIS business....period

A player can sour on an area if pressed by the media. Sooner or later Marshawn is going to be a free agent and he is a very good player......I want him to resign here and not somewhere else. When you go to a new team there is a generally a "he is getting a fresh start" mentality when comes to past transgressions (Marcus Stroud has tested positive....how much as our media grilled him?)

I dont want Marshawn to look forward to leaving our team......

If there was an understanding that you could interview Marshawn, but couldn't ask him about the incident, then it's the reporter's fault. If you don't like the terms, then you don't do the interview. If there was no understanding, then the question is fair game. As has been mentioned, it isn't the reporter's responsibility to worry about Marshawn, or the Bills.

As far as I'm concerned, it is a situation that is long over. Lynch and the DA have made their deal, so as long as it is closed legally, it is over with, as far as I am concerned. But, there are others who still would like Marshawn to address it, publicly. Again, if there were no restrictions, then it is fair game. That doesn't mean the reporter ISN'T as !@#$ if he asks it, but he hasn't committed any journalistic violation. If there were ground rules he was aware of, and ignored them, then he is an !@#$ and a crappy journalist.

Finally, if I was Marshawn's adviser, I would have had him address this, briefly, at the start of the year, and made it clear that would be it. As it is, it is probably too late for him to do it now, as it would simply bring the whole issue up again.

Just, IMO, of course.

Hear, hear. It's not our job to give everybody sunshine and lollipops.

Kudos to whoever in the PR department decided enough was enough, and set up the interview.

I don't know about you guys, but that was painful for me to watch. You could tell that he has a lot of contempt and was expecting that question...and apparently got it.

It's old news. I say just let it go.

Marshawn gets paid to run the football, which he's doing very well.

For those of you who disagree with my take, I invite you to WebEx with me and I'll interview you about all of your personal business, too. We can talk about how you cheated on your wife, or maybe knocked up a younger girl....you know, personal stuff that you don't want anyone to know. Those things don't make you less of an accountant or construction worker.

Difference is Lynch is in the public eye and has chosen a life where the media will cover his life on and off the field on a daily basis. I don't have any problem with hm being asked a question because he hasn't addressed the media face to face since the incident. He doesn't have to answer the question if it's asked.

I'm curious: did the Buffalo media question Donte Whitner about his arrest a couple of years back? Did they question James Lofton, upon his arrival in Buffalo, about his scrapes with the law in GB? Did they question Jim Kelly about the "Network" fiasco?

Why should Lynch be held to a higher standard than any of those guys? From what I recall, he did make a public statement about the incident....

I'm curious: did the Buffalo media question Donte Whitner about his arrest a couple of years back? Did they question James Lofton, upon his arrival in Buffalo, about his scrapes with the law in GB? Did they question Jim Kelly about the "Network" fiasco?

The answer to each of those questions is yes, or at least they attempted to. Whitner politely declined to comment. Lofton, as always, answered honestly. And here's part of Donn Esmonde's column from shortly after Kelly retired:

Kelly's insensitivity loomed again last year, after Network -- the nightclub/restaurant he backed -- folded. A lot of people living paycheck to paycheck -- waiters, cooks, bartenders -- got stiffed.

Kelly wasn't personally liable. But a week after workers sued for back pay, Kelly dropped six figures on his wedding. Soon afterward, when asked about the restaurant, he said, "I cut my losses quick." Not a word about the people who got shortchanged.

Granted, it's the rare owner of a failed business who reaches into his own pocket. But at least send regrets. Ignoring the workers who took a beating was insensitive at best, loutish at worst. But there was one thing it wasn't: out of character.

From what I've been told, Lynch didn't even bother with a simple "no comment" until delivering a prepared statement after the plea was agreed upon.