R-E-S-P-E-C-T

OK, replace "Homer" with "Irrational exuberance", but that would have taken a long time to type out with hyphens between each letter. :thumbsup:

...or maybe I'm just grumpy because it's past my bedtime. That could be, too.

What is this "irrational exuberance" you speak of? :flirt:

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

Senator Blutarsky, you're insane, but in a good way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just playing Devil's advocate here.

Make a list of 2-0 teams which have beaten opponents who are a combined 0-4 this season.

Would Seattle and Jacksonville both be 0-2 if they hadn't played Buffalo?

Would Seattle and Jacksonville both be 0-2 if they hadn't played Buffalo?

There's no way to really say, but with the performance Seattle put up against the 49ers at home, I'd have to think it's likely they'd have been 0-2.

As for Jacksonville, I certainly think they're much better than their 0-2 record.

And for those that are curious, it's Green Bay, Tennessee, and Buffalo that are 2-0 against 0-4 opponents.

Edit: fixed Jaguars' record

There's no way to really say, but with the performance Seattle put up against the 49ers at home, I'd have to think it's likely they'd have been 0-2.

As for Jacksonville, I certainly think they're much better than their 2-0 record.

And for those that are curious, it's Green Bay, Tennessee, and Buffalo that are 2-0 against 0-4 opponents.

And 2-0 Pittsburgh's opponents are a combined 0-3, but I can look all that up as easily as you - I'm much more curious about what your point is?

And 2-0 Pittsburgh's opponents are a combined 0-3, but I can look all that up as easily as you - I'm much more curious about what your point is?

0-3? Ah, i forgot 'bout the bye.

He was responding to Lori's question to me earlier in the thread. The whole, let me answer that question by asking you this...

You're familiar with that. :thumbsup:

I'm boycotting any ranking that have the Broncos over the Chargers.

The Broncos are 2-0, and the Chargers are 0-2.

Should the Chargers be 2-0, and the Broncos be 1-1? Yeah.

But, having only played 2 weeks in this young season, what else is there to go by? Right now, it's all about the records. You won't see an 0-2 team about a 2-0 team at any point in time, regardless of how those games went and how those teams looked.

The Cowboys are #1? With THAT defense? LMFAO. All that game Monday night showed me was how utterly dreadful the Rams are. At least he didn't rank the Eagles above us, or I'd sh-- myself laughing. This season is going to make the "pundits" look like total assbags, that's my prediction.

The Broncos are 2-0, and the Chargers are 0-2.

Should the Chargers be 2-0, and the Broncos be 1-1? Yeah.

But, having only played 2 weeks in this young season, what else is there to go by? Right now, it's all about the records. You won't see an 0-2 team about a 2-0 team at any point in time, regardless of how those games went and how those teams looked.

I can look at the standings if I want to see how good teams records are. Power rankings ... I thought... were an attempt to predict which teams are better than which. San Diego beat Denver, and is the better team. The league cannot undo that call, but the power rankings makers should be smart enough to pay the Chargers their dues.

.. should be, being the key phrase.

We're all Carucci fans, obviously. But I'm really trying to temper all the seemingly warranted hype because -

IT'S STILL EARLY!!

I'm buying in to what we've seen so far and it's been too long reading positive press, but all this hype could lead to a bigger heartbreak/letdown. Everyone thinks the Rams suck and we'll roll 'em. They're 0-2 against the NFC East. I doubt there's anyone here who'd argue that that division is the leagues strongest. We played them last year and only snuck out a last minute FG victory @ Wash, while playing out of our skulls vs. Dallas and losing the same way. Playing on the Rams fast track against anyone other than the Giants or Philly is no cakewalk. The Cards ARE dangerous! Warner's at his best playing sandlot style WLAF and that's what their doing. We won't know for sure how we measure up in our own division until after Halloween.

It's all GOOD! But it's all early.

We're all Carucci fans, obviously. But I'm really trying to temper all the seemingly warranted hype because -

IT'S STILL EARLY!!

It's all GOOD! But it's all early.

Yes it is early but the rules are the same for every team ranked by Carucci ie. your argument can be made for every team on that list. However, with our performances so far, with the traditional quality of our opponents, we should be no lower than 5-8 in the rankings.

if we go 6-0 or 5-1 but beat san diego at home, then i figure we are a top 5 or 3 lock.

i think ten has to be ontop or right below us -- similar teams but they are bigger/stronger and we are faster.

pitts, philly, SD, and indy are all teams that i think could beat about anyone at any time.

power rankings imo should reflect (accurate) vegas spreads. if sd played denver in sd next week they would be 5+ points on top, i think this

fairly shows that sd is a better team than denver, records aside. i think power rankings should take records into account, but still be based on more in depth analysis.

i expect NE to continue to be a strong football team and if we beat them in NE in NE then i figure we are the AFC's best club.