Next time somebody says Trent has a weak arm

DIE HARD 1967

Some people just don't listen

LISTON VERY CAREFULLY.....then hit REPLAY

Buffalo Bills 28

Oakland Raiders 10

Half that vid was utter rubbish. I was expecting ALOT more game footage of him launching 50 yard bombs ala Peyton Manning.

Oh and :ROFL: at crayonz

Some people just don't listen

LISTON VERY CAREFULLY.....then hit REPLAY

Buffalo Bills 28

Oakland Raiders 10

He has a below average "arm" for an NFL starter. But what he does have is more valuable. Including knowing his limitations and not trying to make throws he can't complete. That said, it would be nice to see them get the ball downfield a little more to loosen up the run game for Lynch and Jackson. When you've got Lee Evans in your receiving corps, your first deep ball shouldn't come with 5 minutes left in the game. Edwards has had a great start, but don't discount the value of a quick-six now and then. Expect the Raiders to be squatting on all those short throws this week. Edwards should have some good opportunities to hit the deep ball.

That link was obnoxious as !@#$.

!@#$ing unwatchable. Whoever made it should be shot! :thumbsup:

Really, I had to stop just a short way in. Whoever thought that would help Trent's case is nuts.

Trent's arm strength is fine, we don't need that video to tell us. Actually nobody needs that video for anything.

He has a below average "arm" for an NFL starter. But what he does have is more valuable. Including knowing his limitations and not trying to make throws he can't complete. That said, it would be nice to see them get the ball downfield a little more to loosen up the run game for Lynch and Jackson. When you've got Lee Evans in your receiving corps, your first deep ball shouldn't come with 5 minutes left in the game. Edwards has had a great start, but don't discount the value of a quick-six now and then. Expect the Raiders to be squatting on all those short throws this week. Edwards should have some good opportunities to hit the deep ball.

Completely agree Badol...

And people need to stop being so defensive just because Trent's 'only decent' arm is mentioned. He gets the ball there with a nice spiiiiral and he knows his limitations. He has a quick delivery and great instincts and he doesn't panick at all.

He can hit Lee 40 yards down the field....it doesn't have to be 60 if the timing is right.In fact its often better if the receiver makes the grab after 40-50 yards on a bomb vs 60yds...--play gets off quicker and QB doesnt get killed.

Did you see the pass he threw to Parrish for 50 yards? He's thrown some to Lee that long too. Fifty yards is not an average arm especially when he has pinpoint accuracy.

I was going to say that those videos had to be altered because he obviously can't throw like that, according to the "experts", as a joke I'm just not sure they think it's a joke. :thumbsup:

Did you see the pass he threw to Parrish for 50 yards? He's thrown some to Lee that long too. Fifty yards is not an average arm especially when he has pinpoint accuracy.

I was going to say that those videos had to be altered because he obviously can't throw like that, according to the "experts", as a joke I'm just not sure they think it's a joke. :thumbsup:

If it's about how far a QB can throw a ball, Edwards probably would be in the bottom 5 of NFL starters. Sorry, but the guy does not have a gun for an arm. Mechanically, you'd be hard pressed to find a QB who uses his hips less when he throws. Using that core to generate power is what a guy like Tom Brady has done to elevate his arm from below average to above. When Edwards throws, it's all shoulder. Right now, the deep ball for Edwards is all about anticipation, and he has been very good at getting the ball out quickly and anticipating where the receiver will be after his break.

It's more like 55-60 Roscoe had to dive for it because he overthrew him haha..