Jags Fans - this sums it up

santoro770

When I was leaving the stadium yesterday I had an old guy and his daughter start taunting me telling me to enjoy shoveling snow.....I live in Orlando so obviously this didn't apply to me.

The guy proceeded to tell me that my allegiance was all messed up because now that I lived in a Jaguars market I should automatically become a Jaguars fan and the fact that I no longer live in the Buffalo area means I have already betrayed my team.

His reasoning was as follows, "we moved from Denver to Jacksonville a year ago and you don't see us wearing Broncos gear anymore do you?"....

To which I had absolutely NO response.....so for all you Bills fans who live outside of the Tri State area - according to these Jags fans you have already alienated your team and have to switch...

HA!

When I was leaving the stadium yesterday I had an old guy and his daughter start taunting me telling me to enjoy shoveling snow.....I live in Orlando so obviously this didn't apply to me.

The guy proceeded to tell me that my allegiance was all messed up because now that I lived in a Jaguars market I should automatically become a Jaguars fan and the fact that I no longer live in the Buffalo area means I have already betrayed my team.

His reasoning was as follows, "we moved from Denver to Jacksonville a year ago and you don't see us wearing Broncos gear anymore do you?"....

To which I had absolutely NO response.....so for all you Bills fans who live outside of the Tri State area - according to this Jags fans you have already alienated your team and have to switch...

HA!

That says it all.

The only response is "real fans never abandon their team."

I wasn't sure that this would actually get through, the only Jags fans I cared for were the skinny little females wearing bandaid sized skirts and a Jaguars bandana tied around their chest....excellent, we picked the perfect postgame tailgating spot.

Being my first away game ever, I was amazed at the stupidity at some of these sun drenched Jags fans - as a side note, I STILL have not ever seen the Bills lose in person!!!

I hope that guy moves to LA soon, cuz that's where the Jags will be.

That's what I was saying throughout the whole game. Turn that piece of sh-- stadium into a parking lot and move the team to LA. Jags fans should be ashamed of their inability to sell out games. losers...

I was at the game yesterday (also from Orlando) and was amazed that when the Jags got the ball back following our field goal with 4:01 left in the game - hundreds of Jag fans headed for the exits...... Way to support your team ;)

Dude, you don't have to lie. There aren't "hundreds of jags fans" anywhere. Tens maybe.

Orlando here too. I wasn't at yesterday's game but I went to J-Ville a few years ago for the Bills game and the Jag fans are pretty clueless for the most part. Most of the people I talked to were from elsewhere and didn't have any previous allegiance so they decided to follow the Jags. They just don't have the same passion as us Bills fans do since we're born with the Bills and live and die with them. It's more of something to do on a Sunday to kill time it seems. It's not a football town and probably never will be.

On a side note to dovetail what Santoro mentioned, Jacksonville has by far and away the best looking fans attending the game fo the 3 Florida teams. There are many many more young women that attend there and aren't afraid to dress like they're heading to the beach. Miami has too many 175lb.+ Hispanic women cramming into their size 3's and Tampa seems to be an older crowd for the most part.

To which I had absolutely NO response.....so for all you Bills fans who live outside of the Tri State area - according to these Jags fans you have already alienated your team and have to switch...

HA!

It's funny you should post this. Did anyone else watching on TV pay attention whenever they showed a crowd shot (and there were plenty)? I swear I remember thinking, "Holy fug...this is one ugly, inbred, white-trash-looking group of bandwagon rednecks." Seriously. Mullets, cheesy moustaches...awfulness personified. It was something straight out of the How-to-be-a-Trailertrash-Frontrunner handbook.

Orlando here too. I wasn't at yesterday's game but I went to J-Ville a few years ago for the Bills game and the Jag fans are pretty clueless for the most part. Most of the people I talked to were from elsewhere and didn't have any previous allegiance so they decided to follow the Jags. They just don't have the same passion as us Bills fans do since we're born with the Bills and live and die with them. It's more of something to do on a Sunday to kill time it seems. It's not a football town and probably never will be.

On a side note to dovetail what Santoro mentioned, Jacksonville has by far and away the best looking fans attending the game fo the 3 Florida teams. There are many many more young women that attend there and aren't afraid to dress like they're heading to the beach. Miami has too many 175lb.+ Hispanic women cramming into their size 3's and Tampa seems to be an older crowd for the most part.

Killer gorgeous cheerleadrers as well!!

Roar > Jills

Agreed. However, and I hate to say this, if early this decade I had moved to Boston, I would have become a Pats fan :(;)

What a gayblade comment.... So you count yourself a real Bills' fan, but readily admit to bandwagoning w/ all the NE* 'fans'?? pathetic.

I have flown my Bills flag in New England for 12 years, and caught a proper amount of grief for it; from neighbors, passersby, and even family... but NEVER was tempted to hop on the Patsies fagwagon...

Bob Kraft makes me puke, and Belichick is worse...

It's funny you should post this. Did anyone else watching on TV pay attention whenever they showed a crowd shot (and there were plenty)? I swear I remember thinking, "Holy fug...this is one ugly, inbred, white-trash-looking group of bandwagon rednecks." Seriously. Mullets, cheesy moustaches...awfulness personified. It was something straight out of the How-to-be-a-Trailertrash-Frontrunner handbook.

Welcome to north florida, especially the jax/gainesville area. Chances are that the type of person you saw in a gator fan.