How long till Yobouty is starting?

webtoe

he made a great open field tackle on garrard, but greer did break up a TD pass. I'd keep the status quo going right now, since our DBs happen to be very very good from top to bottom. I hate to use hindsight as a crutch, but NATE WHO??

Agreed, letting Nate go looks better every week..... and I don't think you change things, he seems to be thriving in that nickel slot right now. No need to change

He made some great tackles today, especially that one on third down in fourth quarter...on Reggie Williams, I think. To answer your question, though, I would think as soon as McKelvin starts to show that he can be the nickelback, Greer would be bumped down to the 4th CB. He is playing so well, I don't think the Bills would want to take him off the field. Plus he may be the best tackling CB that we have.

Its amazing what some confidence can do for you as a player.

He made some great tackles today, especially that one on third down in fourth quarter...on Reggie Williams, I think. To answer your question, though, I would think as soon as McKelvin starts to show that he can be the nickelback, Greer would be bumped down to the 4th CB. He is playing so well, I don't think the Bills would want to take him off the field. Plus he may be the best tackling CB that we have.

Its amazing what some confidence can do for you as a player.

No reason to drop Greer to the fourth...... he hasn't been playing horribly he has been very solid

I like what we have going.

McGee has his spot locked down.

Greer looks really good in coverage. He was matched up against a giant 6'6" WR in Jones and held his own well. He is really good at getting his hand in there and hitting balls out.

Youboty has carved a niche as a very good Nickel CB. I think he is most effective there, as evidenced by his performances in Weeks 1 and 2. That blitz sack was insane!

If the Bills are going to compete in this division they're going to need as many quality DB's as they can get their hands on. Even with Brady out the Pats* can still throw, and Favre automatically makes the Jets' passing game more effective. Keep them the way they are for now. The light has come on for Ashton, so let him stay where he is for a while.

Should the Bills toss a ton of money at Greer to keep him?

I think that's the point. If Youboty keeps it up, he'll be in position to take over next year w/o a hitch. Greer will get a bunch of $ thrown at him in UFA, and good luck to him except when we play 'im.

Marv's pick ain't looking too bad now, eh? Took a little while to materialize, but :worthy:

I like Greer a lot, but Yobouty is really starting to show why he was valued so highly..

I agree. He's finally paying off and that helps the defense immensely. The tackle he made on (Garrard?) was awesome!!

Until you see Greer out of position and getting beat repeatedly why change? Ashton is seeing the field plenty and we have one damn good defensive backfield.

The backfield is amazing! They are awesome and the first round draft pick hasn't even cracked the nickel package yet. :censored: Definitely a thing of beauty! :worthy:

Should the Bills toss a ton of money at Greer to keep him?

A ton no. If he's reasonable yes.

No reason to drop Greer to the fourth...... he hasn't been playing horribly he has been very solid

Greer will be dropped to third this year if McKelvin is able to take his job away.

he made a great open field tackle on garrard, but greer did break up a TD pass. I'd keep the status quo going right now, since our DBs happen to be very very good from top to bottom. I hate to use hindsight as a crutch, but NATE WHO??

With the emergence of Youboty and what I've seen of Reggie Corner, I'm starting to wonder....Leodis who?

Greer will be dropped to third this year if McKelvin is able to take his job away.

Not going to happen. McKelvin would have to pass both Youboty and Greer (and possibly Corner) and to do that McKelvin's play would have to dramatically improve AND Youboty/Greer would have to struggle.

I think Greer is playing well, thats not the point. McKelvin is a game-breaking CB. When he is ready to start, which might not be this season, are starting CBs would be McGee, Youboty, and McKelvin. Its just a numbers game. Greer is the poorest tackler of the group and he is not playing so well that he could not be jumped on the depth chart by players that are more talented than he is. Having Greer on the team right now is great because it is giving both Youboty and McKelvin, who are our 2 most talented CBs, a barometer of play to surpass if they want to get on the field. That is his purpose: to push McKelvin and Youboty to realize their talent and play better.

I think Greer is playing well, thats not the point. McKelvin is a game-breaking CB. When he is ready to start, which might not be this season, are starting CBs would be McGee, Youboty, and McKelvin. Its just a numbers game. Greer is the poorest tackler of the group and he is not playing so well that he could not be jumped on the depth chart by players that are more talented than he is. Having Greer on the team right now is great because it is giving both Youboty and McKelvin, who are our 2 most talented CBs, a barometer of play to surpass if they want to get on the field. That is his purpose: to push McKelvin and Youboty to realize their talent and play better.

We don't know if he is a game-breaking CB at the NFL level yet. IF he gets to that point then we have some tough decisions to make, but right now the argument is moot because McKelvin isn't ready to be on the field regularly.

A ton no. If he's reasonable yes.

The way he's playing we won't be able to justify keeping Greer for what it'll probably take to re-sign him. We let Kiwakee Thomas go for the same reason. Then, when you talk about the UFA market where the money flows like wine, look at what Dre Bly got several years ago and we wouldn't be able to give Greer that. And especially not with a stable of young colts who are chomping at the bit. McGee, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner

The way he's playing we won't be able to justify keeping Greer for what it'll probably take to re-sign him. We let Kiwakee Thomas go for the same reason. Then, when you talk about the UFA market where the money flows like wine, look at what Dre Bly got several years ago and we wouldn't be able to give Greer that. And especially not with a stable of young colts who are chomping at the bit. McGee, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner

Dre Bly >>>>> Jabari Greer.

Jeez, I like the guy, but he gets way overvalued on this board.

He MIGHT get a contract like Jason David got from the Saints, but any team that gave him a big deal

Greer has 2 career INTs. David has 11. And Bly has 38.

Greer is a ho-hum player and will not be a major priority for anyone in the offseason.