What city is missing from this list?

No, this is not another "waaah ESPN hates Buffalo!" post. It is, rather a "Rick Reilly is an overrated hack!" post.

Seriously. He mentions Charlotte, a city with no pro sports team more than 15 years old, and no major colleges, and not Buffalo? Sheesh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3576248

which team do you think he would pick? do we keep the Bills or the Sabres?

I would bet he would have us pick the Sabres.

You know, when I saw the title of the piece, that same question occurred to me. It is actually pretty close, based on my own life experiences. In the 1970s, Buffalo was totally a Sabres town, then things gradually changed. By the 1990s the Bills had become The One. That has been called into question lately. Personally, I think Buffalo remains a Bills town because of the intense focus on every Sunday. On Mondays after Bills games, you can guess whether the Bills won based on the general mood of the people on the street. That is not true of the Sabres, except in the playoffs.

Of course that is debatable, which makes the topic so complex and interesting. Which is also probably why Reilly had nothing to say about it. He is too busy trying to be facile and clever to actually do any thinking. That whole column is shooting fish in a barrel.

Did I mention that I dislike Rick Reilly? :pirate:

No, this is not another "waaah ESPN hates Buffalo!" post. It is, rather a "Rick Reilly is an overrated hack!" post.

Seriously. He mentions Charlotte, a city with no pro sports team more than 15 years old, and no major colleges, and not Buffalo? Sheesh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3576248

Well not to digress into ESPN hates Buffalo but ..

Look at the ESPN 2008 AFC East Standings

JETS, NE, Buff. WTF? The Bills scored the MOST points, and tied for fewest points scored AND they played the tougher team.

Not to mention that they ranked the Bills D and ST's 13th. what the :pirate: ?

Over to Pete Prisco

Sportsline Power Rankings:

#15 Buffalo Bills

Are they now the favorite in the AFC East? We'll know more about this team after they play the Jaguars on the road Sunday.

I will give him credit for this

Let's not be hasty, unless we're burying the Pats Ranked #17!! :huh::huh:

JETS, NE, Buff. WTF? The Bills scored the MOST points, and tied for fewest points scored AND they played the tougher team.

Does this mean that ESPN hates the Cowboys too? They're listed in 3rd in the NFC East.

Settle down, its all about the tiebreakers. Division Record then Conference Record.

Jets 1-0 Div and 1-0 Conf > Pats 0-0 Div and 1-0 Conf > Bills 0-0 Div and 0-0 Conf.

Although I know ESPN screws us in their coverage, this is not a case of that.

Settle down, its all about the tiebreakers. Division Record then Conference Record.

Jets 1-0 Div and 1-0 Conf > Pats 0-0 Div and 1-0 Conf > Bills 0-0 Div and 0-0 Conf.

Although I know ESPN screws us in their coverage, this is not a case of that.

I was about to get piqued as well when I saw the standings, but then I realized that the tie breakers make sense.

Serenity now!

Hey I know the seagulls game is over, but I like the rielly comment about from hasselbeck

"When I first got here," says Matt Hasselbeck, "we'd play at Husky Stadium. They'd get 72,000 on Saturdays. We'd get 25,000 the next day, and 10,000 would be there for the Raiders."

what about this 12th man? Hasselbeck came to seattle in like what, 2002? thats 6 years ago!

Not to mention that they ranked the Bills D and ST's 13th. what the :cry: ?

Over to Pete Prisco

Sportsline Power Rankings:

#15 Buffalo Bills

Are they now the favorite in the AFC East? We'll know more about this team after they play the Jaguars on the road Sunday.

I will give him credit for this

Let's not be hasty, unless we're burying the Pats Ranked #17!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Jets won a division game, NE a conference game and Buffalo a non conference game, hence the rankings