Can Brandon be the next Pioli ?

ganesh

The front office has made sound decisions through the entire off season starting with draft, the trade for Stroud, the signing of Kawika, Spencer, handling of JP as the backup QB etc...

He could be a good candidate for the GM of the year if the following happens to cap a successful season.

1. The Bills make the playoffs and wins a playoff game

2. If he re-signs Lee Evans

3. If he extends the contract for Peters at the end of the year

4. If he re-ups the contract for Jauron

I think you have to give Modrak and Guy most of the credit. I doubt Brandon know personnel like these guys.

Correct. Brandon is the marketing guru. Personnel decisions are made by Modrak and Guy, and no doubt Ralphie throws in his two cents. Maybe Ralph deserves some kudos too?

PTR

Pioli knew Tom Brady was the greatest QB in history but he picked 5 other players first and let Brady fall to #199.

Pioli finally drafted an LB this season while waiting for the average age of their existing LB corps to hover around 45.

It's VERY premature to call Larry Maroney a bust, but he's widely considered by the Pats to have underperformed in his short career thus far. He came from a two-back set in college and there are durability and toughness questions.

They have continued to play with fire by employing a backup QB who hasn't started a game since high school in 1999. Relying on the graces of God to keep Tom Brady healthy couldn't possibly last forever. Now, that decision could undermine what used to be the most explosive offense in history.

Roosevelt Colvin was a big time bust free agent. Injuries did him in, which is tough to blame on a GM.

They wasted a two full seasons in Brady's prime without ANY talent at wide receiver. Brady even took less money in an attempt to save cap space for some offensive weapons, which didn't come until 2007. That is inexcusable. Brady was still putting up big time passing yards, and you saw what he could do last year when the Pats finally acquired some WR talent.

Corey Dillon for a 2nd rounder was a fleecing and you have to give him credit on that one...And Welker for a 2nd and Moss for a 4th. Hopefully they came gift wrapped. You have to say Harrison was a good pickup also.

Generally, they have drafted well...But their draft props from the media have generally focused on their offensive line, which was schooled in the Super Bowl.

His team also played for seven seasons under his watch while knowingly breaking rules for video taping opponent's signals. The size of the advantage gained from such tactics can be debated, but it is undebatable that SOME advantage was gained...Otherwise they wouldn't have done it. Is it easier to "draft talent" when your "talent" knows what defense the other team will be running??

I'm as interested as anyone else to see the "genius" of Belichick and Pioli without their golden boy.

Pioli knew Tom Brady was the greatest QB in history but he picked 5 other players first and let Brady fall to #199.

Pioli finally drafted an LB this season while waiting for the average age of their existing LB corps to hover around 45.

It's VERY premature to call Larry Maroney a bust, but he's widely considered by the Pats to have underperformed in his short career thus far. He came from a two-back set in college and there are durability and toughness questions.

They have continued to play with fire by employing a backup QB who hasn't started a game since high school in 1999. Relying on the graces of God to keep Tom Brady healthy couldn't possibly last forever. Now, that decision could undermine what used to be the most explosive offense in history.

Roosevelt Colvin was a big time bust free agent. Injuries did him in, which is tough to blame on a GM.

They wasted a two full seasons in Brady's prime without ANY talent at wide receiver. Brady even took less money in an attempt to save cap space for some offensive weapons, which didn't come until 2007. That is inexcusable. Brady was still putting up big time passing yards, and you saw what he could do last year when the Pats finally acquired some WR talent.

Corey Dillon for a 2nd rounder was a fleecing and you have to give him credit on that one...And Welker for a 2nd and Moss for a 4th. Hopefully they came gift wrapped. You have to say Harrison was a good pickup also.

Generally, they have drafted well...But their draft props from the media have generally focused on their offensive line, which was schooled in the Super Bowl.

His team also played for seven seasons under his watch while knowingly breaking rules for video taping opponent's signals. The size of the advantage gained from such tactics can be debated, but it is undebatable that SOME advantage was gained...Otherwise they wouldn't have done it. Is it easier to "draft talent" when your "talent" knows what defense the other team will be running??

I'm as interested as anyone else to see the "genius" of Belichick and Pioli without their golden boy.

Well said. I too am interested to see how Belichick responds and how much winning he can manufacture due to his 'scheming'. I hope he is humbled. I hope he gets a big piece of humble pie slammed down his throat.