eball's stat of the week

eball

As in, the Seahawks were 3 for 16 on 3rd down -- or 18.8%.

For how long have we as Bills' fans been waiting for a defense to stop the opposition consistently on 3rd down? Who knows how the season will unfold, but for one week at least the Bills were brilliant in that area.

For how long have we as Bills' fans been waiting for a defense to stop the opposition consistently on 3rd down? Who knows how the season will unfold, but for one week at least the Bills were brilliant in that area.

Good call eball!

But (ducks head in case someone calls his fandom into question) we were 4 for 16. Still a ways to go.

Don't get too excited, the Bills were 4 of 16 and still have plenty offensively to work on. Overall a good start by the team.

Don't get too excited, the Bills were 4 of 16 and still have plenty offensively to work on. Overall a good start by the team.

Considering the monsoon like weather in the 1st quarter, I wouldn't look hard into those stats. But it is nice that our D held the Seahawks to 3 of 16 though.

Considering the monsoon like weather in the 1st quarter, I wouldn't look hard into those stats. But it is nice that our D held the Seahawks to 3 of 16 though.

...you are aware that there are 3 other quarters, and that 3rd down conversion attempts happened in those said quarters, right?

any way you slice it, bad weather or not, 25% is not good.

Even better than just 3 for 16 is the fact that 13 of those 16 third downs were 3rd and 8 or longer.

That's the kind of situation your defense really needs to be in to have good success at getting off the field.

...you are aware that there are 3 other quarters, and that 3rd down conversion attempts happened in those said quarters, right?

any way you slice it, bad weather or not, 25% is not good.

Considering we have a new offensive coordinator this year, a starting QB who only played 4 series in the pre-season and this being his 10th start as an NFL QB, I'd say our offense did good considering all of the circumstances. Any way you slice it, our offense scored 20 points and won the game 34-10.

Regardless of how the Bills' offense performed, their DEFENSE held Seattle to a measly 18% on 3rd down conversions. That is my point, and that's why it's my stat of the week.

For what it's worth, the Bills' offense missed their first four 3rd down attempts (during the monsoon) and their last three (in the 4th quarter with a 24-pt lead), so during the part of the football game when their lead was built the offense was 4-for-9. During that same period, the Seahawks were 1-for-9.

Considering we have a new offensive coordinator this year, a starting QB who only played 4 series in the pre-season and this being his 10th start as an NFL QB, I'd say our offense did good considering all of the circumstances. Any way you slice it, our offense scored 20 points and won the game 34-10.

and who's saying otherwise? but thanks for saying what I already knew.

Regardless of how the Bills' offense performed, their DEFENSE held Seattle to a measly 18% on 3rd down conversions. That is my point, and that's why it's my stat of the week.

For what it's worth, the Bills' offense missed their first four 3rd down attempts (during the monsoon) and their last three (in the 4th quarter with a 24-pt lead), so during the part of the football game when their lead was built the offense was 4-for-9. During that same period, the Seahawks were 1-for-9.

I apologize for pointing out that we were nearly as inept at converting 3rd downs into 1st downs as were the C-hawks. In no way was I intending to lessen the importance of your Stat O The Week. In the future I will treat your Stat O The Week as sacred and <_< in its presence. :thumbdown:

I apologize for pointing out that we were nearly as inept at converting 3rd downs into 1st downs as were the C-hawks. In no way was I intending to lessen the importance of your Stat O The Week. In the future I will treat your Stat O The Week as sacred and :thumbdown: in its presence. :flirt:

Apology accepted. <_<