Were you with me in bashing DJ for benching Losman?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to 4 years? You know....one player has 7 wins in 11 starts, the other 10 wins in 31 starts.

I must say that I admire your mettle for sticking with this guy, and I am being completely serious.

Hey, for the good of the team I have to be wrong. If Trent were to not pan-out and JP goes on to be a good one, how bad would this front office look compared to a know-nothing fan? I like JPs aggressive approach to the position and I think some other coach will like that and put it to good use as well. Did you see the end of the Denver game last night? Hard not to admire Shanahan and Cutler after that one and Cutler looked very JP-like in that game.

Still think JP should be the starter. Watching TE's bomb come up short on Evans last week had me seriously bummed.Even if TE progresses rapidly I just don't think he is going to hold up in the NFL. JP may take half or more of the snaps this year. And won't ware gloves in Cleveland.

Sorry to be negative, but that is how I feel. Game 'managers' drive me nuts, because to win with one you must have an exceptional team in all other respects. I think TE is a recipe for 'almost, but no cigar', and a perfect starter/reflection of a mediocrity at head coach.

Show me I'm wrong Trent. And never were a pair of isotomers in snow again...ever...

Well you mustve been really bummed when JP launched a bomb 5 yards past Evans against the Broncos last year, If he connected on that one game over..I know its a week later but I was away and just read this..

You know to really screw up another teams game planning and to give us an edge, DJ ought to mix them up. . . . Could you imagine the other coordinators going WTF when JP trots on the field?

Yes. That would be exactly how they would react.

And as long as we're at it, we could bench Jason Peters and start Kirk Chambers in his place. Can you imagine the shocked looks on the faces of other teams' coaches if we did something like that?

Hey, for the good of the team I have to be wrong. If Trent were to not pan-out and JP goes on to be a good one, how bad would this front office look compared to a know-nothing fan? I like JPs aggressive approach to the position and I think some other coach will like that and put it to good use as well. Did you see the end of the Denver game last night? Hard not to admire Shanahan and Cutler after that one and Cutler looked very JP-like in that game.

I've always thought Losman would be an interesting pair with Mike Martz. He'd be in a system where the quarterback is ASKED to stand in the pocket and look downfield on almost every drop back, even at the risk of taking a sack...alot of the time, there isn't even a safety valve. Martz accepts that some turnovers and sacks will occur, thinking he can make up for it with big plays. That seems to fit Losman's style pretty well.

IMO Trent is already an overall better player, even at this early point. So this has nothing to do with Edwards (ok, Bill?). But I think if anyone can make a player out of Losman at this very late stage of his development, Martz is the guy.

I wonder if San Francisco would be a potential suitor for him.