Jauron is Bill's headcoach in 2009 IF

billybob

anything less then 7 wins he wont be a HC, 7 or more he stays

Wow, ya'll have some low expectations. How can anyone look at his 3 years here with an improved roster and think that 7 wins (again) means he's a keeper? I hope Brandon is as tough with Jauron and he was with Peters. At their rates of pay, you have to have pressure.

Wow, ya'll have some low expectations. How can anyone look at his 3 years here with an improved roster and think that 7 wins (again) means he's a keeper? I hope Brandon is as tough with Jauron and he was with Peters. At their rates of pay, you have to have pressure.

because we have a young team and he's a good teacher? i dont know

i think we are all well aware of the millions of variables and different factors that make up the final win-loss record.

basing his job security simply on the number of wins, right now, isnt even really worth discussing

The team has to show improvement. Our defense has to be better, our offense has to be better, and our win-loss has to be better. We got Stroud, Mitchell, and a "redzone" threat in Hardy to take some pressure off of Evans. Either the team performs better under Jauron this year or he's kickin cans.

because we have a young team and he's a good teacher? i dont know

i think we are all well aware of the millions of variables and different factors that make up the final win-loss record.

basing his job security simply on the number of wins, right now, isnt even really worth discussing

It is not? Funny, during the offseason, I could have sworn I read / heard where Jauron said this was a performance based business, even for him. That meant playoffs. In fact, he mentioned the word "playoffs".

Hold him to his word. Excuse time is over: a non-playoff season is unacceptable, and should result in his immediate firing.

If he cannot lead this team to at least a winning record (9-7 or better) with this soft schedule, then he has no damn business being a head coach.

Unfortunately, I think if the Bills go 8-8, Jauron will blow enough smoke up Ralphs a$$ to keep his job. The Jauron apologists will be out in force trying explain to everybody how it is not Dicks fault, because the tooth fairy was out to "get" Dick.

I think his job is secure even if he is less than 500% but it shouldn't be. I think if they have a good year he should stay the coach but by good year I mean 2nd round playoffs LOL. 3 years rebuilding is enough (even through the draft ((on the cheap))!

I would guess from last few year tactics we would go to Bobby April as HC if he got canned.

Personally I would like to see Cowa........oh sh--, that aint going to happen why even type it.

I think his job is secure even if he is less than 500% but it shouldn't be. I think if they have a good year he should stay the coach but by good year I mean 2nd round playoffs LOL. 3 years rebuilding is enough (even through the draft ((on the cheap))!

I would guess from last few year tactics we would go to Bobby April as HC if he got canned.

Personally I would like to see Cowa........oh sh--, that aint going to happen why even type it.

Would love to see Cowher in Buffalo.

Some of the same people here that think Jauron should be safe at .500 or less are the same people that think the bills will win 10 or more games.

Simple. If you truly think the Bills can win 10 or more games, why would you not be very disappointed with 7-9 and why the heck would you feel good about keeping the coaching staff after failing to meet those expectations?

Because this is the first year that I have high expectations for this team, and I understand that its quite possible the ball just won't bounce our way this time. Jauron has done more with less in two seasons running, so one bad year isn't going to wipe that out. As long as things aren't a disaster he gets another year to prove himself.

One disappointing season just doesn't wipe out the general positive feeling I have about where this team is headed.

Because this is the first year that I have high expectations for this team, and I understand that its quite possible the ball just won't bounce our way this time. Jauron has done more with less in two seasons running, so one bad year isn't going to wipe that out. As long as things aren't a disaster he gets another year to prove himself.

One disappointing season just doesn't wipe out the general positive feeling I have about where this team is headed.

Wow, I hope Brandon doesn't subscribe to this. The front office has done a ton of work since Jauron was hired and I gotta believe they want a return on that investment. .500 or less doesn't give them that and only confirms that Jauron, even when given better talent, only produces mediocre results consistent with his whole career (with one incredibly fortunate season in Chicago as an exception).

Wow, I hope Brandon doesn't subscribe to this. The front office has done a ton of work since Jauron was hired and I gotta believe they want a return on that investment. .500 or less doesn't give them that and only confirms that Jauron, even when given better talent, only produces mediocre results consistent with his whole career (with one incredibly fortunate season in Chicago as an exception).

One season proves NOTHING.

Completely agree. Another mediocre year by Jauron is ample support for his overall record that he's not a winner in the NFL. A better season means he's gotta back that up with another good season before we can begin to believe he's a winner.

It all depends on how you look at it. I believe he's done a good job here so far, so I think of him as a good coach. And when I hear arguments like yours, I just think, "Yeah, well its gonna take more than one fluky year to make me change my mind about the guy."

You're obviously not happy with what he's done here, as you're holding his lack of a playoff appearance in his first 2 years here against him. How you expect him to get into the playoffs while Larry Tripplett is a starting DT is beyond me, but you are definitely entitled to that opinion and I respect it. So you look at it the opposite way: when I type what I typed in the first paragraph, you're thinking, "You've got it backwards, buddy. One winning season isn't going to make me think of this guy as a winner." When, from my perspective, he already IS thought of as a winner, because for two years running he's won more games than he should have.

It all depends on how you look at it. I believe he's done a good job here so far, so I think of him as a good coach. And when I hear arguments like yours, I just think, "Yeah, well its gonna take more than one fluky year to make me change my mind about the guy."

You're obviously not happy with what he's done here, as you're holding his lack of a playoff appearance in his first 2 years here against him. How you expect him to get into the playoffs while Larry Tripplett is a starting DT is beyond me, but you are definitely entitled to that opinion and I respect it. So you look at it the opposite way: when I type what I typed in the first paragraph, you're thinking, "You've got it backwards, buddy. One winning season isn't going to make me think of this guy as a winner." When, from my perspective, he already IS thought of as a winner, because for two years running he's won more games than he should have.

I'm in Chicago and might be the only poster on this board who has watched nearly every game he's coached in his career. He's a wonderful human being, but I have no reason to believe after watching his whole career that the brand of football he preaches will every produce a playoff victory. Really hope to be wrong. It would be a nice to see the Bills do some damage in the playoffs this year and would do wonders for Dick's career.