Kilgore's take on Peters

Beerball

:thumbsup::wallbash:

He was bad enough to not even get drafted.

Then he was good enough to make the Pro Bowl.

I think I'm getting it. Sporadic. First he came in at UDFA money. Then he was smart enough to sign a contract extension for starting lineman money and collect a signing bonus. Now he's too dumb to realize that he's only in the 3rd year of a contractually bound 5 year agreement.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup::wallbash:

I think I'm getting it. Sporadic. First he came in at UDFA money. Then he was smart enough to sign a contract extension for starting lineman money and collect a signing bonus. Now he's too dumb to realize that he's only in the 3rd year of a contractually bound 5 year agreement.

Dude!!!!

Sporadic:

He was Bad

Then he was good

It is a matter of time before he is bad again...he probably got bad over the summer and he is hiding it.

:unsure::wallbash::wallbash:

Those years don't come off the contract while he's sitting out. Not that I think it'll come to that, but he's not getting any closer to the end of the contract until he's back with the team.

I think you only need 6 games per year for it to count as an "accrued" year. So if he comes back in week 10, the year still counts. It would be too late for his presence to help the team at all but he wouldn't lose any time towards free agency.

Piggybacking on Brad's point, does anyone know with certainty the date on which Peters must report to get credit for the year? I remember it being something like "you have to play in week 10 and beyond" to get credit for the season.

It is week 10 however, there's nothing that says The Bills have to activate him.

And if they don't, he won't get credit for the year's service.

F-me! F-me? F-YOU, you F'n F'er!

Heard some yak on Sirius yesterday. JP to Oaklawn for their 2009 first and Huff. Just a bunch of hooey, but the longer he sits in Alabama reviewing his wrong Wonderlic answers, the more trade talks will become common.

Speaking of vindictive. If you want to screw with PArker or just to yell at his receptionist here's his company contact info. FYI, it's different than what you get if you google it. This is off the NFLPA website directory.

Maximum Sports Management

6435 West Jefferson Blvd.

Fort Wayne IN, 46804

Phone:(260) 672-9480

Fax: (888) 419-1555

May I suggest some interesting faxes?

Now that is funny :thumbsup: :worthy:LMFAO

It is week 10 however, there's nothing that says The Bills have to activate him.

Heard some yak on Sirius yesterday. JP to Oaklawn for their 2009 first and Huff. Just a bunch of hooey, but the longer he sits in Alabama reviewing his wrong Wonderlic answers, the more trade talks will become common.

He's actually from Texas but, given his 9-Wonderlic, probably thinks it's Alabama.

Is Kilgore a commentator/columnist or a reporter?

Its his OPINION the Bills should/will look to move Peters. This has no basis in fact. Pretty irresponsible for a news reporter...

That's why I titled the thread Kilgore's take. He's providing his opinion.

I think you only need 6 games per year for it to count as an "accrued" year. So if he comes back in week 10, the year still counts. It would be too late for his presence to help the team at all but he wouldn't lose any time towards free agency.

Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with the misconception he corrected, but, thanks for playing.

The biggest thing in there is the complete silence from that side, unlike any other Parker holdout. There was always communication between the player and at least the coaching staff. Not returning teammates' messages is beyond bizarre.

usualy the agent talks up a storm to try and gain sympathy for his client . we haven't heard a peep from ugene parker. makes me wonder if peters surgery didn't go well and he can't play. hmmmm

usualy the agent talks up a storm to try and gain sympathy for his client . we haven't heard a peep from ugene parker. makes me wonder if peters surgery didn't go well and he can't play. hmmmm

This makes no sense at all. If his surgery didn't go well and he was still hurt, he would still show up and GET PAID under the terms of his current contract instead of sitting home and NOT GET PAID. hmmmm.

The Bills have all the power here.Peters has none. He will be 29 when he gets to choose his own team..and he won't have played any football or made a dime.

Why is he afraid of showing up? ...we all hate to think about the possibility that he is injured.

That would suck! If he's hurt his trade value is..... :thumbsup:

eddie kilgore is still doing sports in bflo? pretty good. im waiting for irv weinstein and tom toles and ric azar to sound in next. but really, i like eddie, and he is right. wilson has peters in his doghouse and won't budge.

peters is a 26 yr old punk who had success fall into his lap. a man who forgot where he came from and ran into the loving arms of mean-gene parker, a power agent who seeks to hold the game hostage at the expense of the game itself and the player. the player gets more money, but the game is watered down, ultimately. the rational is that the player needs security and can loose their career on one play. its a game. a game with big money involved and business standards and protocol used. both sides have their worthwhile points.

it would be a shame to sit peters. a young guy who should be using his skills. on the other hand, he made his bed. peters tried to muscle an old man who has seen his share of shake down agents like parker and young players who are clouded by greed. parker thought wilson would roll over b/k the team sucks and peters is a building block type player. this is wilsons team and he runs it like a business. parker should appreciate that. after all, isnt he and his fellow agents mantra, 'THIS IS a BUSINESS?" peters will get his money, but why bicker over $1-4 mil when you have NO standing, other than one season in a probowl, in a down yr (rookie joe thomas wsa the starter -- weak crop, ogden had retired) and you limped off the field with a torn groin last time wilson saw you? peters has no standing.

Parker could care less about the player. It's just his cut of the contract he wants and the player is just a means to get it. Peters wants $12 million a year. :unsure: He's smoking crack. $6 million I can see but twelve? Chances are when he comes back he won't pass his drug test.

The biggest thing in there is the complete silence from that side, unlike any other Parker holdout. There was always communication between the player and at least the coaching staff. Not returning teammates' messages is beyond bizarre.

There is a lot more behind this I think that we don't know about and the Bills don't know about.

I believe it is week 10 that he has to report by in order to get credit for the season and if he does wait til then he would have missed 9 paychecks and accumulated a lot of fines ( $15k per day since camp started I believe )

I actually thought he was going to report before the season but I dont see it happening now and I wouldnt have a problem trading him if someone is willing to give the Bills a deal that included at least a 1st round pick

I wonder if they can take those fines out of his paychecks.

Yeah I don't see that happening, but it might be best for all involved at this point. First round draft pick and maybe a decent LB thrown in there.

:wallbash:

Speaking of vindictive. If you want to screw with PArker or just to yell at his receptionist here's his company contact info. FYI, it's different than what you get if you google it. This is off the NFLPA website directory.

Maximum Sports Management

6435 West Jefferson Blvd.

Fort Wayne IN, 46804

Phone:(260) 672-9480

Fax: (888) 419-1555

May I suggest some interesting faxes?

:wallbash:

Why would the Bills need Huff?

This makes no sense at all. If his surgery didn't go well and he was still hurt, he would still show up and GET PAID under the terms of his current contract instead of sitting home and NOT GET PAID. hmmmm.

If that's true he's really stupid because he's racking up fines like they are going out of style.

Wrong.

Q: What constitutes an "accrued season?"

A: Six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserved-injured or "physically unable to perform" lists.

Free Agency FAQ

I would let him rot and never earn another penny in the NFL. You want to play hardball, you got it champ.

If he reports in week 10, they can't "let him rot."

Jason Peters is an asset to the team, like the team bus. "Letting it rot" even if they could do it, would hurt the team as well as Peters. I want him signed but if that isn't going to happen, I want to maximize his trade value so that the team gets something out of this. For all we know, the picks/players we get for him could be worth more than a pro bowl LT. Why let spite wash that down the tubes?

You guys are looking at this all wrong. PETERS is the one with the leverage. He was an undrafted FA. He has already made more money than most UDFAs ever will. The rest is all gravy.

He was a bad player coming out of college or else he would have been drafted. He is really good now. He is sporadic. Look it up if you need to look it up. He could get bad again just as quickly. Why not cash in right now?

How does being a sporadic player GIVE you the leverage? Not sure about the thinking on that one.

How does being a sporadic player GIVE you the leverage? Not sure about the thinking on that one.

Because he was a UDFA. UDFAs usually don't make jack. He has already made millions more than the average UDFA. The rest is gravy. Gravy = nothing to lose = leverage.

:thumbsup::wallbash::unsure:

If that's true he's really stupid because he's racking up fines like they are going out of style.

He clearly doesn't care about the fines at all which, if and when he gets a new deal will be miniscule by comparison.

Frankly, I haven't heard a good justification for the teams actions on his issue and I have heard them all. I also however don't really see a valid strategy for Peters to keep holding out in the regular season. Missing a game check is a big deal and it certainly isn't clear to me how that is a good strategy for him.

I thought that since the hold out wasn't costing him anything and the team wasn't going to deal with him for this year even if he had come to camp, he didn't really lost anything by taking a shot at changing their minds with a holdout. It didn't work. I thought he would come in on whatever the last day is to get a check for Sunday and just file this all away for the next round of his fight for a better contract.

The only next step I can see on the horizon is him reporting in week 10 if he still doesn't have a contract by then. He would be of no use until he has some practices in so he wouldn't play probably unitl week 12 or 13 if at all. They would have to pay him 6 game checks for nothing. What is that, about 1.2 million?? How much are the fines? I think they stop once he starts losing checks. That is a lot of money to pay for nothing, no matter how much comes back in fines.