Republicans watching tonight's game closely

scribo

Tonight's game is kicking off more than an hour earlier than the league originally wanted because the GOP's nominee for president of the United States is scheduled to delivery his acceptance speech shortly after 10 p.m. ET.

But a longer than normal game could keep a lots of us football fans from watching Sen. John McCain's first big nationally telivised speech of the election.

Washington Post reports...

So, are you going to flip away from the game if it runs long? And will you stay tuned after the game to watch McCain?

No...

They are all, Democrats included, really just speaking to the less than 10% of the population that have not made up their mind yet. Not being one of them, I do not feel inclined to watch.

Besides, I am starting Eli tonight on my Fantasy team (as opposed to D. Anderson), and hoping for a big opening night in front of the home fans.

Tonight's game is kicking off more than an hour earlier than the league originally wanted because the GOP's nominee for president of the United States is scheduled to delivery his acceptance speech shortly after 10 p.m. ET.

But a longer than normal game could keep a lots of us football fans from watching Sen. John McCain's first big nationally telivised speech of the election.

So, are you going to flip away from the game if it runs long? And will you stay tuned after the game to watch McCain?

Turn off football to listen to a politician recite the usual bullsh*t? You have got to be kidding?

Look for a minimum of TV timeouts, unless the NFL wants their TV anti-trust exemption scrutinized. :thumbsup:

Game should be over by around 10 or shortly after - in time for NBC to switch to Brian Williams and the convention.

No way I'm turning the channel. Besides, I really don't believe that Grampa McCain will be able to stay up that late.

who cares about GOP convention its freaking football season

Adding to the mix will be O'Reilly's interview with Obama tonight.

I'd rather watch that interview than the game tonight.

I don't think the Republicans have much to worry about, except for the Giants & Redskins fanbase.

While it is the first game of the season, it really is'nt a powerhouse match-up.

Do any of you think tonight's game will be that competeitve?

I think this game will be over by the 3rd quarter, with the Giants winning easily.

I agree with Mark Vaderr. Not much of a game tonight as g-men beat skins in blowout. I think Stuckincincy is confusing McCain with Obama. McCain can speak very well without a script yet Osama Bama can't put more that three words together without a teleprompter.....uh, uh, uh.

I agree with Mark Vaderr. Not much of a game tonight as g-men beat skins in blowout. I think Stuckincincy is confusing McCain with Obama. McCain can speak very well without a script yet Osama Bama can't put more that three words together without a teleprompter.....uh, uh, uh.

Heckuva thing to say about your next President.

He hasn't been elected yet so don't get too cocky....your arrogance is alot like obama's. :lol:

And your spelling is "alot" like my beagle's. Can't be voting for Obama, that's for certain. You'd have had to have made it past fifth grade English.

In fairness, I wouldn't get too exercised about it. The Redskins are biting the big green weenie, and this game is going to be in the books by about 9:30 P.M. Plenty early enough for Grandpa to give us a bedtime story.

And your spelling is "alot" like my beagle's. Can't be voting for Obama, that's for certain. You'd have had to have made it past fifth grade English.

In fairness, I wouldn't get too exercised about it. The Redskins are biting the big green weenie, and this game is going to be in the books by about 9:30 P.M. Plenty early enough for Grandpa to give us a bedtime story.

What intellect. My apologies for droping the "l". You probably also resent the fact that you had to pay for your ivy league diploma. I served in the military for six years and after several deployments (my final one being during the first gulf war), was honorably discharged and received a bachelors degree in business. No, I am not too "excercised about it" but just resent insolent punks like yourself.

Enjoy the game tonight and for your sake, hopefully it will be a blowout because at 9:31P.M., it will be time for you to suck on your beagle's big green weenie. :lol: