Dont trade him, dont release him, and dont pay him

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring in Willie Anderson for insurance....and lets get the season rolling.....

FU Peters

Rams | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:55:27 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the St. Louis Rams have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Giants | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:53:37 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Ravens | Team scheduled to meet with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:52:57 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals) was scheduled to meet with the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday, Sept. 2.

Rams | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:55:27 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the St. Louis Rams have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Giants | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:53:37 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Ravens | Team scheduled to meet with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:52:57 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals) was scheduled to meet with the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday, Sept. 2.

Anderson will get a very nice contract. Watch and see.

I wouldn't trade him, release him, or do anything. I'd let him rot for the next three years, collecting his game checks. There's no way he'd sit that long, he'd be in debt. Its not a distraction if you don't talk about it to the media, imo.

My sentiments exactly! Let him be stupid enough to piss away long term millions and a pro career only because he and his agent became greedy. These tards somehow have forgotten that they would get a bigger deal next year as opposed to right now! :D

If Peters reports just before week 10, the Bills will have to either release him or pay him. And this season will count for his contract.

Even with the fines, Peters can report on week 10 and still make $700,000, and still be a free agent in 2011.

If Peters reports just before week 10, the Bills will have to either release him or pay him. And this season will count for his contract.

Even with the fines, Peters can report on week 10 and still make $700,000, and still be a free agent in 2011.

Reportedly he's being fined $15K a day for holding-out. By week 10, he'll owe his last 6 games checks in fines, plus the Bills will have taken away $1.5M in signing bonus.

Reportedly he's being fined $15K a day for holding-out. By week 10, he'll owe his last 6 games checks in fines, plus the Bills will have taken away $1.5M in signing bonus.

The 15k per day fine ends once he starts missing gamechecks. It will take Peters less than 3 weeks to pay those fines. Then he still has the other 4 checks. (The Bills' bye week would be one of the games Peters misses by waiting until the 10th week so there would be 7 weeks left)

I do not think the Bills can recoup the signing bonus if Peters reports prior to week 10, but I have not finished my study of the new CBA. <_<

Even if they could go after the signing bonus, he signed a 5-year deal with a 3 mil signing bonus. That means the team could only go after $600k per year.

If the Bills can go after Peters' signing bonus, Peters could report week 10 and make about 100K this year. Looks small compaired to what he could make if he shows up on Friday, but it should be enough to keep him fed for a few months.

The 15k per day fine ends once he starts missing gamechecks. It will take Peters less than 3 weeks to pay those fines. Then he still has the other 4 checks. (The Bills' bye week would be one of the games Peters misses by waiting until the 10th week so there would be 7 weeks left)

I do not think the Bills can recoup the signing bonus if Peters reports prior to week 10, but I have not finished my study of the new CBA. :unsure:

Even if they could go after the signing bonus, he signed a 5-year deal with a 3 mil signing bonus. That means the team could only go after $600k per year.

If the Bills can go after Peters' signing bonus, Peters could report week 10 and make about 100K this year. Looks small compaired to what he could make if he shows up on Friday, but it should be enough to keep him fed for a few months.

Actually, it'll take a bit more than 3 weeks - 43 days x $15K, + roughly $8500 for missing OTAs would put Peters into Ralph for about $653K - his weekly game check is 'only' about $191K. Then, if they withhold for the signing bonus, which the Eagles successfully did with Terrell Owens, well, there goes another 3 game checks - actually slightly more. That takes care of the 7 game checks.

So yes, you are correct - Peters could report for week 10 and play out the season, but he'd earn next to nothing. He will, in essence, have forfeited roughly $3.25M and probably any chance for a new deal.

Smart guy, that Jason Peters. <_<

Actually, it'll take a bit more than 3 weeks - 43 days x $15K, + roughly $8500 for missing OTAs would put Peters into Ralph for about $653K - his weekly game check is 'only' about $191K. Then, if they withhold for the signing bonus, which the Eagles successfully did with Terrell Owens, well, there goes another 3 game checks - actually slightly more. That takes care of the 7 game checks.

So yes, you are correct - Peters could report for week 10 and play out the season, but he'd earn next to nothing. He will, in essence, have forfeited roughly $3.25M and probably any chance for a new deal.

I didn't add in the OTAs. That does eliminate the other 100K.

The Eagles kicked Owens off the team for a series of infractions.

I think holdouts are delt with in a different section of the CBA and have a few more protections for the player. I'm sure Eugene Parker could tell you all of the ins and outs. :unsure:

Let's also not forget that he forfeits the incentive bonus that he would have otherwised earned for taking the requsite number of snaps during the season, and meanwhile, he ain't playin' and therefore he ain't impressin' anyone when it comes to making his case for a huge new contract for next year.

Count me in the let him rot camp! I agree with Badobilz, the team needs to take this stand and let him (and his hold-out lovin' agent) figure out for himself that he is not the one holding the cards. They also need to resist the temptation to trade him, as that is just as good for him as a new contract.

And if he waits to show up until the tenth game, they should put his ass on special teams for the rest of the season!

Ooops - almost forgot, even though he wouldn't see a penny of it, he'd still be liable to the IRS and NYS for federal & state income taxes on the $1.4 million in income that the Bills garnished for his fines and signing bonus.

Looking smarter all the time, Jason. :unsure:

Come on now Senator. Peters is probably incorperated. The money for fines would come out as pre-tax business expenses.

EDIT: It's almost 11pm and I'm arguing about income taxes. This is ridiculous. <_<

Come on now Senator. Peters is probably incorperated. The money for fines would come out as pre-tax business expenses.

Not a chance. Just like my getting a speeding ticket on the way to a business meeting isn't deductible, nor are his fines.

It's earned income, and taxed as such. I'm sure you know this - IRS always 'gets theirs'. <_<