LOL @ Marshall Faulk

Just said the Jets "leap-frogged the Bills and will challenge the Pats for the AFC East."

Whatever he's drinking, he'd better stop.

I don't have any problems with that....In fact if the Bills are not careful, the Jets could overtake them....They have solidified their OL by signing Faneca and also solidified their DL with signing of Jenkins....They had a decent draft....Brett Favre makes their WRs better...Cole and Cotchery should excel in that system just like Jennings did in GB....Thomas jones is a decent back and Leon Washington is terrific....

At this point the Bills are on par in talent level with the Jets.....Favre provides them experience and Edwards provides freshness for us....The Bills Jets games are going to be tight....Remember they play the same easy schedule as us....In fact they get lucky and don't have to play Jacksonville, rather the Titans and Baltimore.

Just said the Jets "leap-frogged the Bills and will challenge the Pats for the AFC East."

Whatever he's drinking, he'd better stop.

Why, because they got a 39 year old QB who is on the downside of his career that has had 1 good season in his last 6, and who is much more likely to have another like the 5 bad ones rather than the 1 good one?? Sorry, but Favre is not going to be the savior everyone thinks he is for that team...

Not to defend Faulk, because I don't think he's much of an analyst either...

But what in the hell do you expect from the guy? He doesn't have a vendetta against the Bills...he's just like a lot of media people, he doesn't think anything of them because he never sees them play on TV. Buffalo is one of the most irrelevant franchises in the league currently, and it's up to Jauron and Co. to change that.

The whining about prognostications from the media on here is tiresome...the Bills will get respect when they earn it. Missing the playoffs for damn near a decade straight isn't the way to be considered as a potential playoff team, right?

The inferiority complex on here is something you'd expect on a message board of a Philadelphia sports team.

Who the !@#$ cares what Marshall Faulk thinks? I think this team is a playoff contender, as do many of you....who actually know the players and watch the team. Don't go Eagle fan on Faulk.

Why, because they got a 39 year old QB who is on the downside of his career that has had 1 good season in his last 6.......

Last 6 seasons.....

QBR & games won

95.7 & 13

72.7 & 8

70.9 & 4

92.4 & 10

90.4 & 10

85.6 & 12

I'd say 4 out of his last 6 were good.

Exactly. Anyone that thinks Favre isn't a huge upgrade for the Jets is out to lunch, but time will tell. Let the games begin.

He is definitely at the age were skills are degrading as opposed to maintaining. So another year older does make a negative difference. I anticipate a bad year for him. I think he is going to feel the pressure to "carry" the team, try to be the hero, force the ball in there and ultimately be reckless with the ball. Didn't he have somethin like 30 interceptions two years ago? The intense media love fest will qickly turn into a stink bomb causing even more pressure and distraction. I think the NYJ fans and even Brett himself will have unrealistic expectations for a new quaterback with new coaches, new schemes and terminology and already missing half of camp. A team with the amount of player transition the Jets have experienced ought to be happy with an 8-8 season but I think the perspective is that would be a failure.

He did a book signing last year with Rich Eisen last year and took questions from a crowd. At the time Buffalo had...I think 4 wins. So I asked the question "What happened to the Bills only winning 2 games all year?"

He responded "Ok what do they have 4 wnis? Ok they'll win 4 games this year."

Weird thing is Eisen is a Jets fan (which he rarely mentions now being an NFLN employee) and Faulk was making fun of him for it They seem to be close. Maybe he's just bought into some of Eisen's hype.

But what in the hell do you expect from the guy? He doesn't have a vendetta against the Bills...he's just like a lot of media people, he doesn't think anything of them because he never sees them play on TV. Buffalo is one of the most irrelevant franchises in the league currently, and it's up to Jauron and Co. to change that.

The whining about prognostications from the media on here is tiresome...the Bills will get respect when they earn it. Missing the playoffs for damn near a decade straight isn't the way to be considered as a potential playoff team, right?

The inferiority complex on here is something you'd expect on a message board of a Philadelphia sports team.

Who the !@#$ cares what Marshall Faulk thinks? I think this team is a playoff contender, as do many of you....who actually know the players and watch the team. Don't go Eagle fan on Faulk.

<3

I don't watch NFL Network other than when a game is on, so I couldn't care less, but I believe the "problem" with Marshall is that he works for the NFL Network and should be doing enough homework to speak competently on all 32 teams -- not just the ones who make flashy moves or are situated in large markets.

It's glaringly obvious he doesn't put the time in as a true analyst and only gets by on his playing experience.