So, should someone be fired at MSNBC?

SDS

While Gov. Palin was giving her speech today, MSNBC ran a line under her picture under the "BREAKING NEWS" banner:

"How many houses will Palin add to the McCain/Palin ticket?"

Say what you want about Fox, if this isn't as bush league as it gets - I don't know what is. Cheap shots under a "BREAKING NEWS" headline? That wouldn't be acceptable on a party run station let alone a news station associated with NBC and the late Mr. Russert.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While Gov. Palin was giving her speech today, MSNBC ran a line under her picture under the "BREAKING NEWS" banner:

Say what you want about Fox, if this isn't as bush league as it gets - I don't know what is. Cheap shots under a "BREAKING NEWS" headline? That wouldn't be acceptable on a party run station let alone a news station associated with NBC and the late Mr. Russert.

That's classless.

That's classless.

It goes WAAAAAAAY beyond that. I mean way beyond that. These are news stations and while you can question the quality of their coverage or their point of view of the coverage - you aren't really supposed to have to decide what is "breaking news" and what is a partisan kick in the crotch. It is as unprofessional an act that I have ever heard a news station commit.

It goes WAAAAAAAY beyond that. I mean way beyond that. These are news stations and while you can question the quality of their coverage or their point of view of the coverage - you aren't really supposed to have to decide what is "breaking news" and what is a partisan kick in the crotch. It is as unprofessional an act that I have ever heard a news station commit.

Fux Knus has done a lot worse. They called Obama's wife "Obama's Baby Mama". Nobody stoops as low as Fux Knus.

Several times they misidentified anti-war Republicans as Democrats.

Fux Knus has done a lot worse. They called Obama's wife "Obama's Baby Mama". Nobody stoops as low as Fux Knus.

Several times they misidentified anti-war Republicans as Democrats.

I highly doubt, that under a banner titled "Breaking News" that Fox News did anything of the sort. If you don't appreciate the difference, then there really is no reason to continue the discussion.

Is that the answer? What do I win?

It is classless... Heck, from a class warefare angle... Funny as hell.

I would love to see a class struggle in this country... It would scare the sh*t out of a lot of people!

Yeah a class warfare would scare the sh*t out of a lot of people. Like the rest of us who were caught in the crossfire

Is that the answer? What do I win?

It is classless... Heck, from a class warefare angle... Funny as hell.

I would love to see a class struggle in this country... It would scare the sh*t out of a lot of people!

:worthy::w00t:

How are you defining "class struggle"?

Back to SDS's q, I doubt anyone gets fired over it as no one at MSNBC seems to understand why they are the last place channel. It probably has something to do w/ little things like that or Olbermann stating the day Hillary addressed the convention that Hillary would support Obama because of some joke McCain supposedly made about Chelsea when Chelsea was a teen. :lol: Funny, I thought she'd support him because they are BOTH democrats. :thumbsup:

Actually, asking "how many igloos..." would have been really bad.

I highly doubt, that under a banner titled "Breaking News" that Fox News did anything of the sort. If you don't appreciate the difference, then there really is no reason to continue the discussion.

I do appreciate the difference but I feel it's outweighed by all of the accumulative crap Fux Knus has done. I already said it was classless. I'm sure if I looked into it Fux Knus has done the same thing with something at one time or another.

:worthy::w00t:

How are you defining "class struggle"?

Back to SDS's q, I doubt anyone gets fired over it as no one at MSNBC seems to understand why they are the last place channel. It probably has something to do w/ little things like that or Olbermann stating the day Hillary addressed the convention that Hillary would support Obama because of some joke McCain supposedly made about Chelsea when Chelsea was a teen. :lol: Funny, I thought she'd support him because they are BOTH democrats. :thumbsup:

I don't know... Maybe like what existed during the 1930's... The big the cat, the bigger the target. The more people make less and see the separation between rich a poor... It is just a matter of time before what happened in the 1930's takes place again.

You can see it now in places like Chicago... The ecomomy goes down, the violence starts to go up. People become restless and resentful. A guy like McCain, with 7 houses would have been surely targeted back in a bygone era.

I don't know... Maybe like what existed during the 1930's... The big the cat, the bigger the target. The more people make less and see the separation between rich a poor... It is just a matter of time before what happened in the 1930's takes place again.

You can see it now in places like Chicago... The ecomomy goes down, the violence starts to go up. People become restless and resentful. A guy like McCain, with 7 houses would have been surely targeted back in a bygone era.

So you would like to see the economy go down, so that class warfare begins / escalates? I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean, but it's late and I'm tired and that's what I am taking from your message. :thumbsup:

So you would like to see the economy go down, so that class warfare begins / escalates? I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean, but it's late and I'm tired and that's what I am taking from your message. :thumbsup:

No. But if the economy is going to be tanked by a dounchebag out there... You mine as well get more bang for your buck!

:worthy: