I am starting to believe we need to trade Peters

I am not sure I want a player on my roster with a financial chip on his shoulder.

It appears we may not see this guy for awhile and that will not help the Bills in 2008.

I realize he is a great Offensive linemen but Jason can not help the Bills in street clothes.

It may not be such a bad move for the Buffalo Bills to move on and focus on the team first!

I do not like the injury situation, the length of his current contract and the way Jason Peters and his agent handled the entire situation.

The ENTIRE process REEKS of behind the scene, closed door, problems and we may never get the real truth from the media or the team.

I am sure the PLAYERS are pretty pissed off about the situation...but it sets a bad example on how to rework a new deal!

All I am saying here is............it may not be such a bad move by the Bills to explore other options and perhaps .........they already have.

Just my opinion!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I want a player on my roster with a financial chip on his shoulder.

It appears we may not see this guy for awhile and that will not help the Bills in 2008.

I realize he is a great Offensive linemen but he does us NO GOOD IN STREET CLOTHES.

It may not be such a bad move if we can get a solid LT in return in a 3 way deal.

I am now ready to be bashed by you guys............I have a good grip on my computer chair!

OK then... let me be the first.

It is idiotic to think that trading Peters is the right idea, if only because there is no way one would get a "solid LT" in return.

No one should take his holdout personally. It will end, his health and work will be evaluated, and if he is indeed healthy he will get his extension sooner or later. Once that happens a lot of the hoppin' and fumin' going on here is going to look mighty silly in retrospect.

I realize he is a great Offensive linemen but he does us NO GOOD IN STREET CLOTHES.

It may not be such a bad move if we can get a solid LT in return in a 3 way deal.

I am now ready to be bashed by you guys............I have a good grip on my computer chair!

umm...no

the bills are a team in the nfl...they need to pay top dollar for top players like every other team.

they can choose not to pay top dollar and the bills can continue to watch the post season on television with all thier fans.

OK then... let me be the first.

It is idiotic to think that trading Peters is the right idea, if only because there is no way one would get a "solid LT" in return.

No one should take his holdout personally. It will end, his health and work will be evaluated, and if he is indeed healthy he will get his extension sooner or later. Once that happens a lot of the hoppin' and fumin' going on here is going to look mighty silly in retrospect.

3 way deal, yes it can happen!

He is worth at least a #1 draft pick

umm...no

the bills are a team in the nfl...they need to pay top dollar for top players like every other team.

they can choose not to pay top dollar and the bills can continue to watch the post season on television with all thier fans.

There is no problem paying the money, its how Peters went about it and the length of his current deal!

Most NFL teams would do exactly what the Bills are doing!

PLUS,he has not proven he is over the injury yet.

I would not commit CAP SPACE to an unproven injured player......would you?

umm...no

The Bills do a good job of spending money [ dereck dockery ] every time market value goes up for for one position does that mean the Bills should tare up every contract at other postions to off set the new value

3 way deal, yes it can happen!

He is worth at least a #1 draft pick

Please... please... put down the pipe.

Is Peters worth a #1? Sure, but why why why why why (and why) would any sensible person want to go back to square one with a draft pick? Because he held out? Jeebus man, it's a business. I am annoyed that he is holding out too, but anyone who thinks that Peters needs to be traded should google "nose cut... spite face."

Nice Lou Saban avatar, though. :wallbash:

why trade a guy who does not cost you much at all against the cap and is signed for three more years. The only way Peters has leverage is if the LT is terrible. The Bills hold all the cards otherwise.......bad advice from the agent. He is a top 10 LT, but hey, get to camp and re-do the deal while you show your committment to the team.

Unless someone is offering two number one picks why trade a guy you do not have to and that is not costing you much. Does he really want to sit out for three years and roll the dice at 30 yrs old for another contract after not playing for three years?

Trading Peters just because is stupid. The only reason you do it is if you can get tremendous value for him. Otherwise you sit on him. Trading him would be as bad as caving in to him. It would be a reward for being an a--hole because he would get a deal from his new team. So why do we help some other team at our expense? Holding onto Peters costs us little or nothing. He won't affect team morale sitting out, and if he reports week 10 the Bills will just tell him to stay home because he will be inactive.

PTR

why trade a guy who does not cost you much at all against the cap and is signed for three more years. The only way Peters has leverage is if the LT is terrible. The Bills hold all the cards otherwise.......bad advice from the agent. He is a top 10 LT, but hey, get to camp and re-do the deal while you show your committment to the team.

Unless someone is offering two number one picks why trade a guy you do not have to and that is not costing you much. Does he really want to sit out for three years and roll the dice at 30 yrs old for another contract after not playing for three years?

Exactly. The Bills have the guy for not only three but four or five years if they want him. I can't believe how many people are willing to trade our best player, at a position we have been terrible at for a decade, when he is two weeks away from missing ONE GAME. It's mind-boggling.

The holdout will end at some point, he'll say he wants to concentrate on football, and we will cheer when he springs Marshawn Lynch for a 1st down on 3rd and 7.

That's another thing. As soon as he starts playing well, 95% of the people here badmouthing him to no end will love him.

That's another thing. As soon as he starts playing well, 95% of the people here badmouthing him to no end will love him.

Exactly right! :wallbash:

And, of course, we will all repress the thought that all of us, adults with real lives and actual concerns, in a world full of real problems that deserve our attention, are spending so much time obsessing about the whereabouts of a semi-literate young man who happens to be genetically blessed enough to make millions knocking the snot out of other similarly intellectually and physically endowed young men....

We're quick to forgive as long as he reports and plays had and earns his raise.

PTR

Absolutely. The guy just wants more money. He both deserves it, and doesn't deserve it, whichever way you CHOOSE to look at the glass. Both sides are valid. He's not going to get it yet, and IMO he shouldn't, and the Bills shouldn't pay him. But they probably will later and he and the Bills and the fans will be happy. He just wants it now, he's not a bad guy.

a 3 wat deal, this is not the NBA

Peters is a good LT not great...people give him more credit then he deserves because he was an undrafted TE

if Peters were to get traded it would be for draft picks and at this point i wouldnt have a problem with it...no way is this clown in shape so even when he does report ( and he will ) he wont be ready to play and will probably end up getting hurt

a 3 wat deal, this is not the NBA

Peters is a good LT not great...people give him more credit then he deserves because he was an undrafted TE

if Peters were to get traded it would be for draft picks and at this point i wouldnt have a problem with it...no way is this clown in shape so even when he does report ( and he will ) he wont be ready to play and will probably end up getting hurt

r u his trainer?? last time i checked i dont think u r....

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::unsure::unsure:

I dont think we should.....

I dont think we are that desperate at this point.....I really like what D. Bell has shown......the OL isn't looking that bad right now.

I say just wait Peters out.

I also say just wait Peters out. But I think we are really taking an enormous risk with Walker and Chambers and Bell. It's borderline madness. It was nice to see them play well in pre-season, even against some starters, but how many times do people have to be burned about preseason before they realize it's a terrible predictor.