Some Bills info from Adam Schefter

ganesh

You'd think Adam could update his own article with information about the status of Walker's injury, since Jauron reported it was only a bruise immediately after the game. Then again, I'm not surprised.

Plenty of bills news

Adam Schefter Reports on yesterdays game

New information:

Dick Jauron and the Bills discussing extension. I though Levy signed Jauron to a 4 year deal and he is in his 3rd season.

Stalemate with Jason peters

Dick gets credit for showing up to work. Too soon to offer Dick anything IMO. Let's see what can do with the better talent he has to work with now.

Dick gets credit for showing up to work. Too soon to offer Dick anything IMO. Let's see what can do with the better talent he has to work with now.

for a guy going into his last contract year, i dont think its "too soon" to at least make an offer and start talks.

Plenty of bills news

New information:

Dick Jauron and the Bills discussing extension. I though Levy signed Jauron to a 4 year deal and he is in his 3rd season.

? - The piece states that the Bills and Jauron are barely talking, and aren't making any progress.

Yeah, I really thought that Jauron was under contract for at least four seasons, not three. But I mean - I can't imagine Schefter screwed this one up; he clearly talked to people in the organization and has some real information. This isn't just some Rotoworld speculation.

Extensions for anyone are tough...

If they don't cut a deal now, if the season goes bad, they'll be hard-pressed to sign him, given the poor performance. If the season goes well, it'll be more expenseive to sign him.

The time is ripe for them to lock him up for a few more years now. His deal will be cheaper since he hasn't got a stellar performance to stand on right now. Then, it'll be cheaper to release him if he's not able to turn this team into playoff contenders, instead of pretenders.

Same thing holds true w/ Evans. He hasn't put up All-Pro numbers... sign him now, he won't get as big a bonus as he will if you let him play the year out, and regardless of whether you want him next year or not, you will be unable to sign him then as he'll want to test FA.

Unfortunately for Peters, he doesn't hold any cards - other than his ability. He's locked up for 3 more years. I can easilly see him getting an extension next offseason, and with it a payday bonus... but, he has to show up and perform like he thinks he can for that to happen. I'm sure his holdout is all about his injury - not that he hasn't recovered... but that he realized he didn't get a LT Bonus (the only guaranteed money in the NFL), and he's worried that if he gets injured worse, he'll have nothing to show for it since his bonus is gone.

Plenty of bills news

New information:

Could it be more obvious that Schefter is the mouthpiece for the agent? He has been basically singing the same tune all summer while ignoring that Steven jackson just did the same thing with the same agent. Every time he speaks the huge slant is that the Bills are in the wrong. he hasn't once pointed out that Peters has three years left on his contract or that the Bills do not have a history of refusing to re-negotiate contracts. As a matter of fact he could point to three or four examples of how they have done that, the difference being that the player was in camp. He doesn't spin it that way.

Could it be more obvious that Schefter is the mouthpiece for the agent? He has been basically singing the same tune all summer while ignoring that Steven jackson just did the same thing with the same agent.

There's a huge difference with Steven Jackson. The Rams were negotiating with Parker when Jackson was holding out and not in camp. He only ended his holdout because a deal was imminent.

There's a huge difference with Steven Jackson. The Rams were negotiating with Parker when Jackson was holding out and not in camp. He only ended his holdout because a deal was imminent.

dont forget the reason the Rams were willing to do so: Jackson was going into his last year under contract. Not his 3rd out of 5.

Could it be more obvious that Schefter is the mouthpiece for the agent? He has been basically singing the same tune all summer while ignoring that Steven jackson just did the same thing with the same agent. Every time he speaks the huge slant is that the Bills are in the wrong. he hasn't once pointed out that Peters has three years left on his contract or that the Bills do not have a history of refusing to re-negotiate contracts. As a matter of fact he could point to three or four examples of how they have done that, the difference being that the player was in camp. He doesn't spin it that way.

What's that SOB's email?! :wallbash:

Adam Schefter Wiki

Some funny stuff.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :lol:

-For a short time Schefter played bass in the rock band Foghat and can be heard on the "Fool for the City" album.

-Adam portrayed "Tommy" on the sit-com "Alice" for 6 episodes during the 1978 season.

-Adam currently has a weekly spot with Sid Rosenberg (790 the ticket/am sports radio station).

-Adam has a sandwich named after him at a restaurant called "The Shack" in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The "Scheft Schandwich" consists of white bread and a thin layer of mayonnaise.

:wallbash: