langston walker -- UPDATE on Page 5

lets give dockery a raise while we are at it. dockery has been playing amazing. he deserves more money on his $50 miil deal. while we are at it, lets give langston walker a raise too. these guys have been playing soooo well! they need and deserve more money. lets extend their contracts tomorrow morning. we are a cash cow, adn we don't use contracts anymore. we simply pay - -when some player says, I want money. that is how we do business.

Show Peters the money!

Certainly any huge payment to him should be contingent on him getting a medical OK, but I think any feelings the Bills dodged a bullet on this one is a miscalculation of whether we are gonna put the best team we can on the field after a long playoff drought.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they provide tons of information that is easily accessed. Mostly, it is like a KFFL site, which just links stories to other reputable (and some non-reputable) sites, and then throw in their own comment on it. They're great for certain things, like contracts for players. It's purpose is to provide information for fantasy players. But I think it is a really good "source". They just don't do actual reporting.

You pretty much affirmed my opinion that anyone who cites them as a "source" is pretty much spreading conjecture. I can't recall the number of times I've seen someone come running over to a message board emphatically stating that Rotoworld is "reporting" such and such. Only to of course later find it was pure speculation and conjecture.

The fact someone came out tonight and started spreading the triceps tear as some sort of journalistic report was the latest in a long line of examples (see post #46). If folks want to use it for what it is, great, but whenever anyone cites Rotoworld as their "source" for a story that isn't already reported through a real news reporting agency, I laugh and then dismiss it.

lets give dockery a raise while we are at it. dockery has been playing amazing. he deserves more money on his $50 miil deal. while we are at it, lets give langston walker a raise too. these guys have been playing soooo well! they need and deserve more money. lets extend their contracts tomorrow morning. we are a cash cow, adn we don't use contracts anymore. we simply pay - -when some player says, I want money. that is how we do business.

Let's give Jason Whittle a raise because he picked his feet in poughkeepsie.

You pretty much affirmed my opinion that anyone who cites them as a "source" is pretty much spreading conjecture. I can't recall the number of times I've seen someone come running over to a message board emphatically stating that Rotoworld is "reporting" such and such. Only to of course later find it was pure speculation and conjecture.

The fact someone came out tonight and started spreading the triceps tear as some sort of journalistic report was the latest in a long line of examples (see post #46). If folks want to use it for what it is, great, but whenever anyone cites Rotoworld as their "source" for a story that isn't already reported through a real news reporting agency, I laugh and then dismiss it.

Oh, sure. It's just that I would blame those instances on the poster and not Rotoworld.

thats not to bad thats comparable to the o-line ricky williams had in 02

so i think with peters yes we can b even better but without him we can still make a run and b just fine. plus bell looks like he can be a good player.

Am I missing something, didn't the '02 Dolphins go 9-7 and miss the playoffs?

Why do we want to be like them?

No, you don't give Dockery and additional contract because:

A. He has not played well enough that folks grace him with a Pro Bowl nod at an extremely young age when he is extremely new to the position.

B. There is an obvious and clear difference in the size of the FA contract Dockery deserved and got and the extension of and the UDFA size contract which Peters deserved and got an extension of. Any attempt to equate these as the same thing falls short as an analogy

Same deal with trying to sat the Peters deal and the Walker deal are the same thing.

Should the Bills pay more than the salary cap allows to sign Peters? No.

However, given the significant cap room we still have even after they give a big deal to Evans, signing Peters to a long-term deal is almost certainly good football. The concept that this provides a precedent for a non-Pro Bowl quality player at a position which is easier to fill than LT is simply silly.

No, you don't give Dockery and additional contract because:

A. He has not played well enough that folks grace him with a Pro Bowl nod at an extremely young age when he is extremely new to the position.

B. There is an obvious and clear difference in the size of the FA contract Dockery deserved and got and the extension of and the UDFA size contract which Peters deserved and got an extension of. Any attempt to equate these as the same thing falls short as an analogy

Same deal with trying to sat the Peters deal and the Walker deal are the same thing.

Should the Bills pay more than the salary cap allows to sign Peters? No.

However, given the significant cap room we still have even after they give a big deal to Evans, signing Peters to a long-term deal is almost certainly good football. The concept that this provides a precedent for a non-Pro Bowl quality player at a position which is easier to fill than LT is simply silly.

If we are 6-1 and Walker is playing well at LT, I'd give him a big raise just to piss off Peters (and you) off.

PTR