If the Bills could get their act together

1billsfan

Looks like Tom Brady has begun to show the wear and tear of eight seasons in the NFL, so has Payton Manning. Shawn Merriman has a fork nearly stuck in him. Pittsburgh and Cleveland have looked horrible. The Pats defense is older than the hills and have in fact lost their best corner, the Colt's Marvin Harrison is over the hill and may indeed be worn out. I think that this might be one of those crazy years where you can just about toss out all of the predictions which are based on the last few years. I can see teams like our Bills, the Jets and the Texans as being ready to roll over the so-called elite teams of this conference. I know it won't be easy and our own starting QB has injury issues so early in his career, but if they could get it all together and "catch lightning in the bottle" I even think that winning this division is within their grasp in '08. It's just too bad that Peters isn't here (regardless of which side you've chosen) and Edwards can't seem to stay healthy. Get it together guys, there's a real and tangible opportunity this year.

Looks like Tom Brady has begun to show the wear and tear of eight seasons in the NFL, so has Payton Manning. Shawn Merriman has a fork nearly stuck in him. Pittsburgh and Cleveland have looked horrible. The Pats defense is older than the hills and have in fact lost their best corner, the Colt's Rodney Harrison is over the hill and may indeed be worn out. I think that this might be one of those crazy years where you can just about toss out all of the predictions which are based on the last few years. I can see teams like our Bills, the Jets and the Texans as being ready to roll over the so-called elite teams of this conference. I know it won't be easy and our own starting QB has injury issues so early in his career, but if they could get it all together and "catch lightning in the bottle" I even think that winning this division is within their grasp in '08. It's just too bad that Peters isn't here (regardless of which side you've chosen) and Edwards can't seem to stay healthy. Get it together guys, there's a real and tangible opportunity this year.

Rodney Harrison plays for NE. I see your point and it could be possible to have a great affect on the season. :thumbsup:

Looks like Tom Brady has begun to show the wear and tear of eight seasons in the NFL, so has Payton Manning. Shawn Merriman has a fork nearly stuck in him. Pittsburgh and Cleveland have looked horrible. The Pats defense is older than the hills and have in fact lost their best corner, the Colt's Rodney Harrison is over the hill and may indeed be worn out. I think that this might be one of those crazy years where you can just about toss out all of the predictions which are based on the last few years. I can see teams like our Bills, the Jets and the Texans as being ready to roll over the so-called elite teams of this conference. I know it won't be easy and our own starting QB has injury issues so early in his career, but if they could get it all together and "catch lightning in the bottle" I even think that winning this division is within their grasp in '08. It's just too bad that Peters isn't here (regardless of which side you've chosen) and Edwards can't seem to stay healthy. Get it together guys, there's a real and tangible opportunity this year.

Yeah, if only they didn't have Dick Jauron and his overly conservative, meddlesome play-calling that strives not to lose -- they might actually be able to make some noise.

[YAWN]

You'll be back to your negativity soon enough. Give it time.

Yeah, if only they didn't have Dick Jauron and his overly conservative, meddlesome play-calling that strives not to lose -- they might actually be able to make some noise.

[YAWN]

:thumbsup:

Pittsburgh and Cleveland have looked horrible. The Pats defense is older than the hills and have in fact lost their best corner

at least wait until the season starts to judge how a team looks....did the Bills ever look good in the preseason when Marv was the coach? with the exception of the Pitt game in Toronto have the Bills ever looked good in the preseason this century?

saying the Pats defense is older then the Bills is meaningless, they've been old for how many years now?

I like Asante but the Pats always seem to find Corners that perform well in the system and their ability to rush the passer always makes their secondary look better then it actually is

The Bills need to take care of their own business before worrying about how good or bad another team is

[YAWN]

That's all part of their getting their act together. I saw a VERY well called game last week that gave me some hope that Jauron has indeed had a change of heart in regards to the overly conservative approach. My negativity was well founded from what I witnessed in '07. If he does go back to the same ol' Dick Jauron I will no doubt be back to slam him. I like the talent on this team and think there's a chance for something special in '08. If he let's them play a much more open game and they fail then that will be on the players abilities, not the coaching. I get the feeling that this won't be a normal season with the usual suspects. Hopefully the Bills will be step up and make things crazy again like they were a long time ago.

That's all part of their getting their act together. I saw a VERY well called game last week that gave me some hope that Jauron has indeed had a change of heart in regards to the overly conservative approach. My negativity was well founded from what I witnessed in '07. If he does go back to the same ol' Dick Jauron I will no doubt be back to slam him. I like the talent on this team and think there's a chance for something special in '08. If he let's them play a much more open game and they fail then that will be on the players abilities, not the coaching. I get the feeling that this won't be a normal season with the usual suspects. Hopefully the Bills will be step up and make things crazy again like they were a long time ago.

I think we will see improvement, but I don't believe we have caught the other teams in the AFC yet, so I'd be stunned if we make playoffs. We should be capable of some very exciting and competitive games though.

Even if Peters were here from the beginning, I am not thrilled with our line. I am not happy with our receivers either.

We also need major improvement from at least one of our DT's and two DE's.

at least wait until the season starts to judge how a team looks....did the Bills ever look good in the preseason when Marv was the coach? with the exception of the Pitt game in Toronto have the Bills ever looked good in the preseason this century?

saying the Pats defense is older then the Bills is meaningless, they've been old for how many years now?

I like Asante but the Pats always seem to find Corners that perform well in the system and their ability to rush the passer always makes their secondary look better then it actually is

The Bills need to take care of their own business before worrying about how good or bad another team is

Knowing what play a team is going to run ahead of time makes a team look better than it actually is*

I would love to stick a fork in New England and write them off, I simply do not believe the team will fall off the table after 6 months.

Their problem may be more mental then Physical.

Buffalo should be able to compete with them this season

Every season starts the same way.......its anyone's division to take

I would love to stick a fork in New England and write them off, I simply do not believe the team will fall off the table after 6 months.

Their problem may be more mental then Physical.

Buffalo should be able to compete with them this season

Every season starts the same way.......its anyone's division to take

I would really like to believe that but given how they decimated us twice last year, I am not sure that we have risen or they have fallen that much. I am hoping the Poz factor becomes an equalizer. We really don't know what kind of defense we had given all the injuries last year. There are plenty of reasons to think that they could really be a force this year with everyone healthy and the additions of Stroud and Mitchel.

Every year a team makes a surprise run. San Diego (Stan Humphries version), Falcons (Jamal Anderson version), Vikings (Randall Cunningham version), Rams, Titans, Panthers, Giants, and I'm sure there's others. Why not us? Why not now? I just hope that if we do, we actually win it all. I think I'd rather not make it to the SB than to make it and lose again.

Every year a team makes a surprise run. San Diego (Stan Humphries version), Falcons (Jamal Anderson version), Vikings (Randall Cunningham version), Rams, Titans, Panthers, Giants, and I'm sure there's others. Why not us? Why not now? I just hope that if we do, we actually win it all. I think I'd rather not make it to the SB than to make it and lose again.

Exactly, 3 weeks into the seasons, the Giants fans were calling for Eli Mannings head.......In the game against the Bills, Eli threw one pass in the 2nd half..... The Giants came out of no where to make the Playoffs and beat the Patriots....Momentum.....

The Bills need to start off the gate fast and not put themselves in a hole early.....They need to play positive rather than defensive football... They have the pieces of the puzzle, it is now time for them to put in place and execute....

I think Jauron gives his OC a lot of freedom to do what they think is right. It looks like Schonert is a big upgrade.

Thanks Steely Dan, I fixed my flub. My heads a little cloudy from a week long cold.

No biggie.