If Peters doesn't show

You are right, and the Walker situation worked out great. The bears paid him, he did not perform to the contract, and Marv looked realy smart.

Do you want to the Bills to be the team that stands their ground, even if they want the player there to improve the team.

Or, do you want the Bills to be like everybody else and cave in to holdouts. Parker did this with the Patriots, and they caved. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8755586/

I am sick of not making the playoffs. I am sick of seeing the Bills overpay borderline starters. I am sick of the Bills not keeping their top players.

When Kerney blows around Walker and sacks Edwards on 3rd down in the red zone on september 7, we can all cheer and say "way to stand your ground!!!!!"

Instead of chanting "deeeefence" we can chant "froooooont awwwwwfice". Yay.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on this guy's jock so hard it's nauseating. At this point I don't give a damn about if he thinks he is owed more money or if the FO is being a hard@ss- This is a NEW offense and his dumb @ass wasn't in camp to learn it (thought I'm sure you will claim he had a playbook magically elivered and has been astrally projecting himself to practice and taking mental reps). You think talent will overcome that, look at Pacman Jones in Dallas, granted he was rusty, but his biggest adjustment was learning a new D. Peters missing camp makes the team worse, even if he eventually plays. So now the team is worse off because he wouldnt report-screw him.

The team is worse off because Brandon didn't get him a deal despite knowing for 6 months that he wasn't coming to camp without one. Yeah it hurts the team Sherlock, but that is precisely his leverage. You blame the player, I blame Brandon because Peters really is worth waaaay more than he is getting and the precedent set with Schobel leaves no justification for not doing the same for Peters. Get your head out of Brandon's pants for a second and you might realize that his job is too keep our best players on the field. Peters is the best lineman we have had on this team in a decade.

The team is worse off because Brandon didn't get him a new deal despite knowing for 6 months that he wasn't coming to camp without a new one. Yeah it hurts the team Sherlock, but that is precisely his leverage. You blame the player, I blame Brandon because Peters really is worth waaaay more than he is getting and the precedent set with Schobel leaves no justification for not doing the same for Peters, other than not having any contact with him for 6 months or knowing of he is healthy. Get your head out of Brandon's pants for a second and you might realize that his job is too keep our best players on the field. Peters is the best lineman we have had on this team in a decade.

I know I'm :) but I fixed it for you.

I might suggest that you get out of Jason's pants. He's acting like a little baby. Sorry....big baby.

Peters is the best lineman we have had on this team in a decade.

At least Mickey; I think longer. Let's be clear about this. Ruben Brown played LT at Pitt, yet he was (properly) projected to OG. He was placed on the left side because he was a perfect fit thereat. He was fast and agile moreso than a "crushing" type.

Peters otoh IS fast and agile, and a crusher. And lo and behold, he has technique! When he isn't pancaking opponents, he is often able to push defenders out of the play and allow his qb to get the pass off. He can do this because of his incredible strength and very long arms. Jesus, Bills Fans should look at this kid, and watch his game. Honestly, WTF??? PS: His qbs were a rookie, and someone with worse habits than said rookie.

Will Wolford was a mauler. In his prime, he was also fairly agile. When he got older and less athletic, he was still a very good OG because of his brute strength and technique. Peters has the potential to be a better LT than Wolford. It might happen as soon as this year. The odds of the Bills getting a talented LT like this as a udfa, cutting him (in 2004 along with Antonio Brown), and getting him back ranged from miniscule to non-existant. Yet, we did it, and he has cost Ralph pennies compared to what he has paid literal bad players in the past (Ostroski, Fina, etc.), as well as current marginal players such as Melvin Fowler.

I don't like the holdout thing. It makes me sick to my stomach, but the Bills have a responsibility to their fans is to try to deliver us a winner. We are not going to the playoffs without Jason Peters at LT. It isn't happening. :)

Want to force Parker's hand? I have an idea. Offer Peters 55 million dollars for 6 or 7 years.. Make his contract just a bit better than that of Dockery's, and go public with it. Sweeten it with a 15 million dollar (or so) bonus, and see what happens. Maybe both sides could walk away saving face.

In any event, something needs to happen besides stuborness and being cheap wrt paying our best player.

Instead of chanting "deeeefence" we can chant "froooooont awwwwwfice". Yay.

We can make signs to get on TV

COO

Brandon is

Super

_Front

_Office

eXcites

_Eugene Parker

_Sucks. The Bills do not need

_Peters

aNymore

It makes me sick to my stomach, but the Bills have a responsibility to their fans is to try to deliver us a winner. We are not going to the playoffs without Jason Peters at LT.

I think I finally figured out why we differ on this. As a fan, you believe the team owes us a winner, and that's just not the case. The only thing they owe its fans is a team; a product that is produced and provided on their terms. If we continue to stay with that product, despite its flaws, that is not the fault of the team. That is the fault of the fan.

Fans, unfortunately, are sucked into a "if you stop using this product, you're not really a fan" cycle, and even justifying their poor judgement by bragging that they've been able to use poor judgement longer than anyone ("I know this team sucks, but I've been following them for 35 years").

You don't like the pizza, you find another pizzeria.

You don't like the wine, you find another wine.

But you can't really look at either of those products and say "You know, you have a responsibility to deliver me a winner" because the answer is simply "No, I have a responsibility to deliver you a slice of pizza and glass of wine."

Football is no different. The team doesn't make us follow them. We choose to follow them.

Football is no different. The team doesn't make us follow them. We choose to follow them.

Interesting take LA!

Sorry, but I disagree. I am in this too deep. The easiest thing in the world for me to do would seem to be converting to a jest fan, or a giant fan. After all, the giants just won a superbowl, no?

No, you see, I am in this thing for life. Being a Bills Fan is a part of my identity. I realize that this could be considered bizarre, but so be it. You understand; you are after all "LABillzFan," no? :(

I don't have a choice. I am loyal. I have many faults, but loyalty is a strength of mine. I am proud to say that I am a guy you would want as a friend.

Imo, there is no such thing as an "Ex-Bills Fan." That doesn't work here. I think that a true Bills Fan is a person who wil never give up. Not ever. I actually see it in my kids. This is something that I was able to give them, and I must say that I am proud of doing so.

I have been to a Bills game for 14 consecutive years. Next month will be 15. I want us to make the playoffs and be a winner to WNYers, as well as Bills Fans across the world.

Yeah, I think that we deserve this. This includes you Brother. :):D

The team is worse off because Brandon didn't get him a deal despite knowing for 6 months that he wasn't coming to camp without one. Yeah it hurts the team Sherlock, but that is precisely his leverage. You blame the player, I blame Brandon because Peters really is worth waaaay more than he is getting and the precedent set with Schobel leaves no justification for not doing the same for Peters. Get your head out of Brandon's pants for a second and you might realize that his job is too keep our best players on the field. Peters is the best lineman we have had on this team in a decade.

How many times have we seen a player in the league hold out, get a new contract, then get hurt. At this point I don't blame the Bills if they do not renegotiate this year, or at least not until Peters has played a few games and looks to be the same player he was last year. If what the Bills are saying about the situation is not true, why hasn't Parker talked to the media to share Peter's side of the story? He should have come in to camp, and gave the Bills a chance to renegotiate as they did with other players, who came in. What Peters did makes no sense. Unless he is still hurt?

I see your point, but for me the next closest 'pizzeria' is over 150 miles away.

I'm a homer. I want the local teams to win. I like seeing players from my favorate team around town.

When the Bills and/or Sabers are doing well, this is an amazing place to live. Instead of flipping someone off for driving 40mph on the 33, people will give a :) because of the flag or bumpersticker on the car.

I's probably not right of me, but I think anyone born and raised in Buffalo who likes any NFL team better than the Bills is a punk. (The only exceptions being relatives and close friends of Keith O'Neil and other local NFL players)

Hope you don't think I'm too presumptuous, but I fixed your fix...

The team is worse off because Brandon didn't get him a new deal despite knowing for 6 months that he wasn't coming to camp without a newyet another new one, just two years after the Bills tore up his first contract and gave him a nice new one. Yeah it hurts the team Sherlock, but that is precisely his leverage. You blame the player, I blame Brandon because Peters really is worth waaaay more than he is getting and the precedent set with Schobel leaves no justification for not doing the same for Peters, other than not having any contact with him for 6 months or knowing of he is healthy. Get your head out of Brandon's pants for a second and you might realize that his job is too keep our best players on the field. Peters is the best lineman we have had on this team in a decade.

I might suggest that you get out of Jason's pants. He's acting like a little baby. Sorry....big baby.

You gotta understand, Jason Peters is the team. The entire !@#$ing team. Without Jason Peters, the other 52 guys might as well pack it in and just stay home. They all suck, unless Jason Peters is on the field. If you don't agree with that, you are a fanboy, and you don't know anything about football.

Guys like Mickey, Bill, et al understand what you apparently cannot comprehend - Peters not only deserves a new contract this season, but every season. No, strike that - he should get a new contract after every down.

Besides, it's written right there in the NFL bylaws for all to see -

"Sec.1.Article 3 - Under no circumstances shall another player ever be allowed to earn more than Jason Peters."

Good one, Senator. All the hysteria will be over soon. My prediction - Peters will report before Game 1 and play for his existing sh***y contract, because it is better than not getting paid at all. He will suck through the first 4 games at least being out of shape and unfamiliar with the new offense. He may or may not get back to pro bowl level, and he may or may not make it through the season unhurt (my guess is not), yet his reputation will keep him among the "elite tackles" in the game, and we will be right back here next year.

Actually, he came to Buffalo after the surgery to be checked out by the team. So much for that point. Second, they have had contact, Brandon himself has admitted to having had more than one discussion with Parker, albeit only brief discussions. So much for that point. Further, with Schobel, the team went to him in February of 2007. Overdorf, in talking about how Schobel's deal came about, emphasized the importance of going to the player early. So, unless Brandon doesn't have Parker's cell phone number or email address, your point about there being no communication is silly.

Do you think that if Brandon called Parker and asked for a meeting to begin negotiations that Parker wouldn't return that call at warp speed?

Pull you pants back up, clean Brandon off and fetch him the phone.

We can make signs to get on TV

COO

Brandon is

Super

_Front

_Office

eXcites

_Eugene Parker

_Sucks. The Bills do not need

_Peters

aNymore

:) Very funny.

Lets suit Russ up at LT. Maybe his huge sac will make up for the lack of girth, muscle, speed and balance.

I think I finally figured out why we differ on this. As a fan, you believe the team owes us a winner, and that's just not the case. The only thing they owe its fans is a team; a product that is produced and provided on their terms. If we continue to stay with that product, despite its flaws, that is not the fault of the team. That is the fault of the fan.

Fans, unfortunately, are sucked into a "if you stop using this product, you're not really a fan" cycle, and even justifying their poor judgement by bragging that they've been able to use poor judgement longer than anyone ("I know this team sucks, but I've been following them for 35 years").

But you can't really look at either of those products and say "You know, you have a responsibility to deliver me a winner" because the answer is simply "No, I have a responsibility to deliver you a slice of pizza and glass of wine."

So the Bills could cut their entire current roster and replace them with arena football league players and you'd see nothing wrong with that? The Buffalo Bills organization does have a responsibility to their fans to put forth an honest and fair effort of putting the best team out on the field. IMO, they haven't been fair when one considers the reworked Schobel deal, the overpayment of Chris Kelsay and contrasting those with their non-interest in rewarding their first potentially HOF player since the Superbowl days. I would cut Kelsay's overpaid @ss to find the indispensable Peters' extra cash to make him happy.

Feeling entitled is not really the point. We want a winner, all of us do. Therefore, I want the team to make the moves that I think will help us win. The team, in turn, wants me to think they are going to win so that I buy tickets. If they make moves that appear to me to hurt our chances of winning, then they risk losing my fan dollars.

I totally understand why the team is doing what they are doing with Peters. I don't like it but I don't think they are looney tunes, greedy, or evil. So many on the other side however have insisted on casting Peters in the role of a fat, lazy, stupid, greedy, selfish, cry baby peckerhead. And I am the one in Peter's jock for pointing out the simple fact that the reason there is no new deal for Peters isn't because he held out, it isn't because he got hurt, it isn't because no one had his agent's phone number and it isn't because he hasn't proven his worth. It's because, simply, the team doesn't want to pay him all that extra money and had calculated that they don't have to.

Revolutionary argument I know which can only be explained because I am carrying Peters' child. Ohhhh, I just felt a kick. Want to feel my tummy?

Hope you don't think I'm too presumptuous, but I fixed your fix...

You gotta understand, Jason Peters is the team. The entire !@#$ing team. Without Jason Peters, the other 52 guys might as well pack it in and just stay home. They all suck, unless Jason Peters is on the field. If you don't agree with that, you are a fanboy, and you don't know anything about football.

Guys like Mickey, Bill, et al understand what you apparently cannot comprehend - Peters not only deserves a new contract this season, but every season. No, strike that - he should get a new contract after every down.

Besides, it's written right there in the NFL bylaws for all to see -

"Sec.1.Article 3 - Under no circumstances shall another player ever be allowed to earn more than Jason Peters."

We have not argued any such absurd thing. All we have said is to do for Peters what they already did for Schobel who was made the highest paid player in team history with one NEW deal and then got an even better NEW,NEW deal just a year or two later when he still had 3 years left on his existing contract.

Perhaps you could post links to all your prior posts lambasting Schobel as a peckerhead for doing exactly what Peters is doing now? Or are you just going to point out that Aaron parts his hair on the left and Jason wears a crew cut hence the situations are justifiably different?

Our point, once you boil away all your venom, hysteria and personal attacks is pretty simple, we want the front office to find a way to keep one of our best players on the team and producing the top level performance he has show he can produce. I guess that makes us a bunch of used trojans for such crazy, crazy ideas.

Feeling entitled is not really the point. We want a winner, all of us do. Therefore, I want the team to make the moves that I think will help us win. The team, in turn, wants me to think they are going to win so that I buy tickets. If they make moves that appear to me to hurt our chances of winning, then they risk losing my fan dollars.

I totally understand why the team is doing what they are doing with Peters. I don't like it but I don't think they are looney tunes, greedy, or evil. So many on the other side however have insisted on casting Peters in the role of a fat, lazy, stupid, greedy, selfish, cry baby peckerhead. And I am the one in Peter's jock for pointing out the simple fact that the reason there is no new deal for Peters isn't because he held out, it isn't because he got hurt, it isn't because no one had his agent's phone number and it isn't because he hasn't proven his worth. It's because, simply, the team doesn't want to pay him all that extra money and had calculated that they don't have to.

Revolutionary argument I know which can only be explained because I am carrying Peters' child. Ohhhh, I just felt a kick. Want to feel my tummy?

It's a game of "who will blink first". Are the Bills prepared to go into the season with Walker at LT? Do they take that chance with Edwards health? What if Chambers (or whoever the backup ends up being) sucks big time and losses start piling up?

Will Peters crack? Will he be able to sit out indefinitely or will not being around football drive him nuts?

Good one, Senator. All the hysteria will be over soon. My prediction - Peters will report before Game 1 and play for his existing sh***y contract, because it is better than not getting paid at all. He will suck through the first 4 games at least being out of shape and unfamiliar with the new offense. He may or may not get back to pro bowl level, and he may or may not make it through the season unhurt (my guess is not), yet his reputation will keep him among the "elite tackles" in the game, and we will be right back here next year.

That is one way it could go. Another is that he sits for the season or until the team figures he is worth more to them in a trade than sitting home accumulating fines. When the smoke clears, he will have a titanic contract from some new team which makes those fines a joke. We will have some face saving extra picks. Edwards will be on IR by week 6, JP by week 10. Oh, and we will have sent a message to rookies that they better hold out for a great initial first deal since they can't count on an extension if they make the pro bowl and veteran free agents will not bother booking a visit to western NY come February. The team will have proven that they are as tough in the negotiation room as the team is weak on the field.

You do not make a team better by losing its best players.