Steven Jackson gets his contract

Got_Wood

Rams signed RB Steven Jackson to a six-year contract.

Still no terms, but our guess stands at $48-50 million with $18-20 million in guarantees. Coach Scott Linehan says Jackson will be in pads for Saturday's exhibition game, but won't play. He'll probably warm up in pre-game.

Source: Associated Press

ehh, different situations completely. in st louis, it was his last year and they were trying to get him re-signed. Jackson/Parker had all the leverage. In Buffalo its different, Peters still has 3 years left on his contract.

the REAL comparison that can be made is Jackson vs Evans...

Still no terms, but our guess stands at $48-50 million with $18-20 million in guarantees. Coach Scott Linehan says Jackson will be in pads for Saturday's exhibition game, but won't play. He'll probably warm up in pre-game.

I would assume that contract is worth more in Parker's pocket than Peter's contract, so now maybe old Eugene has time for the Bills now...

I believe the bills would do the exact same thing if Peters would report.....

But they are not going to do anything while sits out.....NOTHING.....

nor should they, and when he gets back the first and ONLY thing they should do is collect on those fines.

nor should they, and when he gets back the first and ONLY thing they should do is collect on those fines.

I agree 100%.

I hope the Bills don't bend one bit on this one. (Too bad it will affect the quality of our team, but Jason Peters has handled this entire thing horrifically. Screw him.

Dear Jason Peters,

I've suddenly hit my quota. You may as well head to camp and we'll pick it up next year.

Sincerely,

Eugene Parker

exactly. Parker has been spending his time and energy getting Jackson signed. The Bills have been focusing on Evans. Peters should have realized long ago that nobody cares about his pouting and he should get his ass to work. i hope the fines are enforced and that they make it clear he screwed up. unfortunately, given today's player and their self-centered world, im sure he'll take it as just another injustice done to an innocent man...

I believe the bills would do the exact same thing if Peters would report.....

But they are not going to do anything while sits out.....NOTHING.....

That's not what happened, John. The Rams were negotiating with him when he was sitting out. As soon as it got to a point where he would accept their offer after they raised it and they agreed in principal to most everything, that is when he came to camp. The deal was all but done, Jackson said so yesterday. The Rams upped their offer while he sat out, then he came in to sign the deal.

That's not what happened, John. The Rams were negotiating with him when he was sitting out. As soon as it got to a point where he would accept their offer after they raised it and they agreed in principal to most everything, that is when he came to camp. The deal was all but done, Jackson said so yesterday. The Rams upped their offer while he sat out, then he came in to sign the deal.

That's not what happened either.

Rams were set to extend Jackson at a hefty increase since end of last season. Talks broke off in June when Jackson switched agents (guess who?).

'Jackson had his third consecutive 1,000-yard season in 2007 despite missing four games with injuries and the Rams had made signing him to a contract extension a priority in the offseason. Zygmunt said the team approached Jackson's agent not long after the season to discuss a new deal, but negotiations stalled when Jackson switched representatives and signed with Parker in late June.'

Link

OK, so Parker comes on the scene, rejects an attractive offer and breaks off talks....

"The Rams cut off negotiations in late July on the first day of training camp after Jackson's agent, Eugene Parker, turned down a deal the team said would have put Jackson in the top echelon at his position. At that time, Jay Zygmunt, the Rams' president of football operations, said there would be no further talks until the running back reported.'

Link

No contact at all between Rams and Jackson from start of camp (July 25th) until last week. (Coincidentally, I believe that's when we started to hear rumblings about Jackson wanting to fire his agent and "come in".)

'Once talks broke off on July 25, the first day of training camp at Concordia University Wisconsin, Jackson said there was a long period without dialogue with the Rams. "But once things started to recommence late last week, we got it done," Jackson said. Once things reached a point, where Jackson felt a new deal was a real possibility, he decided to report. "Things really got hot and heavy (Wednesday), and that's when I booked the flight," Jackson said.'

Link

So there were no ongoing negotiations during the holdout, not until last week. Not to be argumentative, or at least not confrontational, but your reply above makes it seem like you know what was going on every step of the way, that you know what the initial offer was in June, and that you know the figure agreed to was significantly higher then the June figure, all so you can justify the holdout and say Parker/Jackson prevailed when, in all likelihood, Parker finally came to his senses last week, realized nothing would get done until Jackson reported, and probably ended up with a final number close to what the Rams were offering back in June! :ph34r:

Ferchrissakes, KTD, you can't just make schitt up and say "this is what happened"!

Oh well, at least Parker got to piss all over everything.

That's not what happened either.

Rams were set to extend Jackson at a hefty increase since end of last season. Talks broke off in June when Jackson switched agents (guess who?).

'Jackson had his third consecutive 1,000-yard season in 2007 despite missing four games with injuries and the Rams had made signing him to a contract extension a priority in the offseason. Zygmunt said the team approached Jackson's agent not long after the season to discuss a new deal, but negotiations stalled when Jackson switched representatives and signed with Parker in late June.'

Link

OK, so Parker comes on the scene, rejects an attractive offer and breaks off talks....

"The Rams cut off negotiations in late July on the first day of training camp after Jackson's agent, Eugene Parker, turned down a deal the team said would have put Jackson in the top echelon at his position. At that time, Jay Zygmunt, the Rams' president of football operations, said there would be no further talks until the running back reported.'

Link

No contact at all between Rams and Jackson from start of camp (July 25th) until last week. (Coincidentally, I believe that's when we started to hear rumblings about Jackson wanting to fire his agent and "come in".)

'Once talks broke off on July 25, the first day of training camp at Concordia University Wisconsin, Jackson said there was a long period without dialogue with the Rams. "But once things started to recommence late last week, we got it done," Jackson said. Once things reached a point, where Jackson felt a new deal was a real possibility, he decided to report. "Things really got hot and heavy (Wednesday), and that's when I booked the flight," Jackson said.'

Link

So there were no ongoing negotiations during the holdout, not until last week. Not to be argumentative, or at least not confrontational, but your reply above makes it seem like you know what was going on every step of the way, that you know what the initial offer was in June, and that you know the figure agreed to was significantly higher then the June figure, all so you can justify the holdout and say Parker/Jackson prevailed when, in all likelihood, Parker finally came to his senses last week, realized nothing would get done until Jackson reported, and probably ended up with a final number close to what the Rams were offering back in June! :ph34r:

Ferchrissakes, KTD, you can't just make schitt up and say "this is what happened"!

Oh well, at least Parker got to piss all over everything.

Bullschit. I said the Rams were negotiating with him while he was holding out, as opposed to what John was apparently implying that he came to camp and then got his deal. Negotiating with him when he held out is absolutely true. I knew Jackson turned down an offer of (about) 16.7 million guaranteed in late July. That is training camp. There was a stalemate after that, and then three weeks later they started talking again. That is negotiating during the holdout. Which is all I said. And I implied if he didn't hold out, he would have gotten a far worse deal, which is also true as the reports are the guaranteed money is 4-5 mil more. And it's 10 mil a year extension. I didn't make anything up whatsoever. Jackson said yesterday it was all but done so THAT IS WHY HE GOT ON THE PLANE. The negotiating, during the holdout, got the deal done. just the details had to be worked out.

Rams running back Steven Jackson has finally ended his holdout, and now he says he’s about to get paid.

“In principle, it’s agreed to,” Jackson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. He added that a few more details on a new contract will be worked out today and then, “We’ll be pretty much done … we got it done.”

Although contract negotiations that involve holdouts are often acrimonious, Jackson said he’s satisfied with the way negotiations have progressed.

“Things really got hot and heavy [Wednesday], and that’s when I booked the flight,” Jackson said. “When you’re talking about this kind of money, there’s going to be some kind of gripes and concerns. In negotiations, no one gets 100 percent what they want, so it was just the two of us coming to an agreement on some things.”

and, previously...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...81?OpenDocument

PFT says Jackson's agent has refused to speak with the Rams since they told his client no negotiations would take place until Jackson reports. The Post-Dispatch says the club's latest offer was worth roughly $50 million, with only a third (or about $16.7 million) guaranteed. That won't get it done.

Yeah, I passed on him with the 4th overall pick in my fantasy draft because of that Holdout, I got beastmode anyways. :w00t: