Trading Youboty less of an option

FightClub

Per kffl.com....

Browns | Daniels acquired

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:06:05 -0700

Edgar Thompson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Cleveland Browns have acquired CB Travis Daniels from the Miami Dolphins for an undisclosed draft pick.

There was some discussion on the board earlier that the Browns might be interested in Youboty considering they need CB help, but it looks like they made their choice already. It would be too bad if the Bills later cut Youboty and we had a chance to get something for him from the Browns by making the decision now. It seems like Corner has passed him on the depth chart, and unlike others here I do not see them cutting James. I think the corners will be

McGee

Greer

James

Corner

McKelvin

(in order of how much actual playing time at CB they will get - although of course, McKelvin will return a lot of kicks)

I have a feeling he'll keep 6... and if they cut one it could be Corner - who can go on the PS unlike the others.

If you were the Bills, and another team put a 4th round pick on the practice squad, who can come in and play right away, out there for your taking, would you put him on the Bills roster?

Given the 5 wide that the pats like to play, I'm guessing Dick wants 6 good CB's on this team.

Who's the 6th CB because Ashton Youboty isn't good. He'll be cut in the next 2 weeks most likely.

I guess you missed him getting torched by the Steelers last week.

Supposedly Wilson was supposed to roll deep on the bomb to Holmes--and Wilson was late getting there. When I saw the play though, it looked like Youboty blew it. He also got picked on a few more times.

But we should be realistic here. Youboty is going to make this team basically as a dime back and special teamer--which I think he'd be good at. As a starting CB, I'd say that ship has passed.

Greer/McGee as starters. McKelvin/James in nickel and dime packages. Corner and Youboty on ST/depth.

I think the only CB going to the PS will be Cox.

Per kffl.com....

Browns | Daniels acquired

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:06:05 -0700

Edgar Thompson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Cleveland Browns have acquired CB Travis Daniels from the Miami Dolphins for an undisclosed draft pick.

There was some discussion on the board earlier that the Browns might be interested in Youboty considering they need CB help, but it looks like they made their choice already. It would be too bad if the Bills later cut Youboty and we had a chance to get something for him from the Browns by making the decision now. It seems like Corner has passed him on the depth chart, and unlike others here I do not see them cutting James. I think the corners will be

McGee

Greer

James

Corner

McKelvin

(in order of how much actual playing time at CB they will get - although of course, McKelvin will return a lot of kicks)

I also think that they will keep 6 cb's

Mcgee

Greer

James

Mckelvin

Youboty

Corner

Along with Kennard cox most likely making the P.S.

So it comes down to...

Keep 6 WR's? or keep 6 CB's?

Possibly keep 6 of each and put Hamdan on the practice squad? :runs:

Hamdan has used up his practice squad eligibility. I could see them keeping just five WRs, with either Justin Jenkins or Steve Johnson filling the last spot. (Since Jenkins appeared in 11 games last season, he is also no longer eligible for the PS.) Hate to see either one of those guys leave, though.

I too think that Youboty will make this team for ST purposes alone. He's a decent tackler and I think they still want to give him another year or so to try to prove himself. This is only his 3rd year and the first two have been filled with injury and distraction of all kinds. Personally, I'm rooting for the guy.