McGahee...

otisly00

We'll be drafting with their 3rd round pick long after Willis is gone. Anyone else wanna B word about the Bills FO?

P.S...This should be a lesson for everyone who wants to sign or trade for every Tom, Dick, or Willis some other team gets rid of. There's usually a good reason why they are let go.

PTR

OK

What's up with Stroud? Good trade or not? What was jvilles reason for trading him? Did they get over on us?

I just want to be sure.

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy it. It should be a good show, although I'm not sure if slow will end up being a good descriptor for it.

nuh nuh nuh... gone

It's kind of become the offseason joke with the Ravens.....there almost seems to be this early-stage acceptance that McGahee may not work out for Baltimore.

If you were to either check the media or the average Ravens fan, this expression :ph34r: is probably what you'll get when it comes to McGahee. Kind of that "bite your lip and hope for the best" routine. They are used to this with QBs here, not so much the running backs.

Most of the attention has been moved to Ray Rice and what he has shown so far that McGahee is getting ignored in the news in recent days.

I think this is really typical of the Willis that we all know:

Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is intalling a new offense that features the tailback, but McGahee is missing valuable repetitions after skipping the majority of offseason workouts.

"There are certain things you need to be on the field to see," McGahee said. "Right now, they're throwing the whole playbook at us and they want you to remember it all. What they did the first day, they might not bring it back up again until today, and I'm like, 'Man, I don't remember all this."'

(from SI.com yesterday)

So the guy skips all the OTAs, then has knee surgery before training camp, never gets any real reps in the new system, knows he needs to go over things on the field to get it, says he doesn't know all the plays, but still doesn't seem to feel he does anythign wrong. What a dumba$$.

The worst part about all of this is that the guy has talent and could still bo really good (I'm not sure sure about great anymore), but has no work ethic or desire. Weren't Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Jamal Lewis supposed to make him be a more mature player?

Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron is intalling a new offense that features the tailback, but McGahee is missing valuable repetitions after skipping the majority of offseason workouts.

"There are certain things you need to be on the field to see," McGahee said. "Right now, they're throwing the whole playbook at us and they want you to remember it all. What they did the first day, they might not bring it back up again until today, and I'm like, 'Man, I don't remember all this."'

(from SI.com yesterday)

So the guy skips all the OTAs, then has knee surgery before training camp, never gets any real reps in the new system, knows he needs to go over things on the field to get it, says he doesn't know all the plays, but still doesn't seem to feel he does anythign wrong. What a dumba$$.

The worst part about all of this is that the guy has talent and could still bo really good (I'm not sure sure about great anymore), but has no work ethic or desire. Weren't Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Jamal Lewis supposed to make him be a more mature player?

Im sure hed rather mcgahee suck because he was cut to make room for him

(from SI.com yesterday)

Dumba$$? You're being kind.

anyway you slice it, willis rushed for 1200 yards and caught 43 balls for another 231. all for 8 TDS. baltimore sucked last season -- with no QB or off. line -- alot like the bills the last 10 years.

but you are right, reed is a great player. ray lewis is pretty much done -- washed up/ injury prone. he is not the dominant player he once was. but really, can we say that a safety is more valuable than a RB? i dont think so. i mean, reed is the best, but he is part of 11 guys, willis is the focal point.

i would say wilis is the best player onteh ravens. rather subjective...

Baltimores top player? Have you heard of Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, or Chris McCallister? He's probably their best offensive player (unless Ogden didn't retire, I can't remember if he did or not).

look it doesnt matter what anyone's opinion is of mcgahee while he was with the bills, the point is if u think rice is a better option or more talented then wm then something is wrong with ur mind. i think it has to do with hate rather than talent when it comes to wm being a darn good back!

http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArt...ad-056cf90382ab

That video left out a few things. The fact that he scored the touchdown with 11:20 remaining in the third quarter, and managed just 2 yards on four carries after that. Or the Ravens' last drive -- second-and-1 from midfield, and Boller throws three straight incompletions with No. 23 nowhere in sight, because Brian Billick had already figured out that McGahee sucks in short-yardage situations. He'll never have to worry about a nickname that involves the words "clutch" or "fourth-quarter."

Don't hate him, but I also don't miss him.

look it doesnt matter what anyone's opinion is of mcgahee while he was with the bills, the point is if u think rice is a better option or more talented then wm then something is wrong with ur mind. i think it has to do with hate rather than talent when it comes to wm being a darn good back!

http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArt...ad-056cf90382ab

You nor nobody else knows how good Rice will be yet. He may be great, or just very good,...........or suck like McGoofy.

That video left out a few things. The fact that he scored the touchdown with 11:20 remaining in the third quarter, and managed just 2 yards on four carries after that. Or the Ravens' last drive -- second-and-1 from midfield, and Boller throws three straight incompletions with No. 23 nowhere in sight, because Brian Billick had already figured out that McGahee sucks in short-yardage situations. He'll never have to worry about a nickname that involves the words "clutch" or "fourth-quarter."

Don't hate him, but I also don't miss him.

Ha that game was so awesome, nobody in my section could believe they simply didn't run for that one yard. We were laughing all the way back to the lot. All I kept thinking was: he probably didn't know the short yardage plays, or, they weren't sure if he did. McLazee got severely stuck most of the first half as well. Then again, why bring facts into this... :wallbash: