Am I the only one who thinks......

Stl Bills

From everything I've seen Ryan Denney is a better DE than Chris Kelsay. He's much better against the run and although neither is a dynamic pass rusher..........Denney seems to get to the QB with more consistency (Kelsay can disapesar for games at time if not mulitple games in row). Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of Denney but from everything I've seen I do think he's a better option than C. Kelsay at LDE. I know they rotate but I'd rather see Denney get the bulk of the snaps. Hell, if C. Ellis can emerge and contribute this year, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do opposite Schobel. Am I the only one who thinks Denney is a better DE?

from what I've seen of Kelsay this preseason, he's done a good job rushing the passer. much moreso than I've ever noticed of him before.

I've got to think this has something to do with both Kelsay's play last year, and what you've noticed so far this summer.

From everything I've seen Ryan Denney is a better DE than Chris Kelsay. He's much better against the run and although neither is a dynamic pass rusher..........Denney seems to get to the QB with more consistency (Kelsay can disapesar for games at time if not mulitple games in row). Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of Denney but from everything I've seen I do think he's a better option than C. Kelsay at LDE. I know they rotate but I'd rather see Denney get the bulk of the snaps. Hell, if C. Ellis can emerge and contribute this year, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do opposite Schobel. Am I the only one who thinks Denney is a better DE?

I don't think there is that much of a difference, but I do think Kelsey has the edge. I think the Bills use Denney wisely and that makes him effective. If Denney was the started, I'm sure he would "disapear at times" as well.

I've got to think this has something to do with both Kelsay's play last year, and what you've noticed so far this summer.

Kelsay got hurt in Game 11 last year(as the article states). Up to that point he had 2 sacks in 10+ games. What was the excuse for the poor play to that point? :unsure:

Ryan Denney is no where near the player Kelsay is. In fact, for a 2nd rounder that Donahoe traded up to get, I'd say he is a bust. Denney plays with poor leverage is is nothing more than a back-up. I don't get why Levy resigned him to a 4 yr 10million dollar deal a few years ago. His sack total is deceiving- most of his sacks were a matter of him being in the right place at the right time- not on his ability to shed blocks and collapse the pocket which he can't do to any effective level. :unsure:

Ryan Denney is no where near the player Kelsay is. In fact, for a 2nd rounder that Donahoe traded up to get, I'd say he is a bust. Denney plays with poor leverage is is nothing more than a back-up. I don't get why Levy resigned him to a 4 yr 10million dollar deal a few years ago. His sack total is deceiving- most of his sacks were a matter of him being in the right place at the right time- not on his ability to shed blocks and collapse the pocket which he can't do to any effective level. :unsure:

Not even close huh? I'd say its more than close..........

Denney- last 3 years...... 39 games 11 sacks 131 tackles

Kelsay- last 3 years........46 games 10.5 sacks 151 tackles

And their "games played" is significantly understated and misleading considering Kelsay gets a lot more snaps per game than does Denney. So you're saying Denney is just the luckier of the two, being in the right place at the right time. Well in all honesty that works for me as long as he sacks the damn QB, but I don't think thats the reason for it. Based on performance if you are going to call one a bust you'd have to say the same for the other one.

Not even close huh? I'd say its more than close..........

Denney- last 3 years...... 39 games 11 sacks 131 tackles

Kelsay- last 3 years........46 games 10.5 sacks 151 tackles

And their "games played" is significantly understated and misleading considering Kelsay gets a lot more snaps per game than does Denney. So you're saying Denney is just the luckier of the two, being in the right place at the right time. Well in all honesty that works for me as long as he sacks the damn QB, but I don't think thats the reason for it. Based on performance if you are going to call one a bust you'd have to say the same for the other one.

Good post! :unsure: