Am I the only one who thinks......

Stl Bills

From everything I've seen Ryan Denney is a better DE than Chris Kelsay. He's much better against the run and although neither is a dynamic pass rusher..........Denney seems to get to the QB with more consistency (Kelsay can disapesar for games at time if not mulitple games in row). Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of Denney but from everything I've seen I do think he's a better option than C. Kelsay at LDE. I know they rotate but I'd rather see Denney get the bulk of the snaps. Hell, if C. Ellis can emerge and contribute this year, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do opposite Schobel. Am I the only one who thinks Denney is a better DE?

I think Denney is a more complete player than Kelsay. Neither of the two are great but the two combined make a solid rotation at LDE.

Watching the Bills yearbook on ESPN, they showed a huddle of players before the game and to my surprise the guy giving the rah-rah speech was Kelsay. I couldn't tell if it was the defensive unit he was addressing or the entire team, but it was him.

I thought Whitner was in "charge" of that.

Apparently the coaching staff see him as a leader.

From everything I've seen Ryan Denney is a better DE than Chris Kelsay. He's much better against the run and although neither is a dynamic pass rusher..........Denney seems to get to the QB with more consistency (Kelsay can disapesar for games at time if not mulitple games in row). Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of Denney but from everything I've seen I do think he's a better option than C. Kelsay at LDE. I know they rotate but I'd rather see Denney get the bulk of the snaps. Hell, if C. Ellis can emerge and contribute this year, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do opposite Schobel. Am I the only one who thinks Denney is a better DE?

I guess where you and I differ is that you actually think that one of them is actually a starting caliber DE. I don't think either one should be more than a backup. But they are all we got. Does it really matter which one is in there?

i think they both suck. i know i'm going to take some flake here -- but denney is a total waste. he is not physical enough. a big soft pu$sy. kelsey is undersized and gets runover by bigger backs. both play with NO leverage or technique for run support. this is a major problem with the line. MAJOR PROBLEM.

I guess where you and I differ is that you actually think that one of them is actually a starting caliber DE. I don't think either one should be more than a backup. But they are all we got. Does it really matter which one is in there?

No we don't differ there, I don't think that but I do think Denney is a better DE.

Time for an actual legitimate post:

Based on this thread I might be in the minority, but I think Kelsay is a better DE than Denney.

I think Denney is stronger than Kelsay, and is a very serviceable back up who provides depth but I would say that overall Kelsay is the more complete DE. Against Pittsburgh's first string last week Kelsay was getting good pressure and would have had a sack had he not be blatantly held on the Ko Simpson caused Interception. 2007 Kelsay did not earn his contract, but if Kelsay can play like he did in 2006 than I will be at least content with his play. Kelsay seems to be able to generate pressure from time to time, it looked like Denney wasn't able to do the same against Pittsburgh's first stringers.

Mind you he only got 5.5 sacks, but he got a decent amount of tackles and a lot of his tackles were for stuffs or for a TFL. Chris Brown's season awards at the end stated that 17% of Kelsay's tackles were Tackles for a loss, the highest percentage on the team.

Kelsay will never be a probowl player, but he tries on every play. He has the skills to be a solid, although unspectacular player for the Bills. And he seems like the type of player the Bills will be glad to have had on their team.