The Buffalo Bills New Stadium

Got_Wood

I know this is all speculation, and there are no official plans to build a new stadium. BUT, in light of all of the talk lately and with the Bills heading over to play the next preseason game at the Colts new stadium, it got me thinking.

What name do you give the new stadium? If in Niagara, maybe The Glacier or The Rock, or even just Niagara Stadium sounds decent I guess. I wonder if Labatt's would ever sponsor it. There you go, Toronto gets their piece that way. If in Buffalo, The Waterfront has a nice ring to it also.

And wouldn't it be cool to have a design like Olympic Stadium in Beijing? Something recognizable and unique. It cost $500 million to build that stadium. Lucas Oil Stadium cost $650 million, and the new Meadowlands is projected to cost around $1.3 billion. We can handle a half-a-billion right? Haha, I know it's a big number. But hey if Jim Kelly has as many big investors round up as he says... maybe it's possible?

I know this is all speculation, and there are no official plans to build a new stadium. BUT, in light of all of the talk lately and with the Bills heading over to play the next preseason game at the Colts new stadium, it got me thinking.

What name do you give the new stadium? If in Niagara, maybe The Glacier or The Rock, or even just Niagara Stadium sounds decent I guess. I wonder if Labatt's would ever sponsor it. There you go, Toronto gets their piece that way. If in Buffalo, The Waterfront has a nice ring to it also.

And wouldn't it be cool to have a design like Olympic Stadium in Beijing? Something recognizable and unique. It cost $500 million to build that stadium. Lucas Oil Stadium cost $650 million, and the new Meadowlands is projected to cost around $1.3 billion. We can handle a half-a-billion right? Haha, I know it's a big number. But hey if Jim Kelly has as many big investors round up as he says... maybe it's possible?

The Ralph is still a good stadium. Might be better to provide a very favorable lease to the team (to help cover any revenue loss due to lack of suite revenue) rather than build a new one. If a new stadium is built, name it after the highest bidder.

Go listen to some Aerosmith because you need to 'Dream On'. They have been planning to replace the Peace Bridge for almost 20 years now. The new Bridge was suppose to be ready for the 75th anniversary of that link and I believe that was back in 96'. It would take them years to agree to build a new stadium, another half-decade to pick a location and then the rest of our lives to figure out how to fund such a project. The next new Bills Stadium will likely be on the northern shores of Lake Ontario.

A new Stadium in Buffalo will never happen!