Schouman could be out "weeks"

Rubes

Tough break for the kid, sounds like he was making some big strides...

Linky

I replayed the game and saw the injury. It was on the kickoff after the first touchdown, I believe. Barnes, of all people, got pancaked by the guy he was trying to block and fell backwards onto Schouman's ankle. At first I thought he either broke his fibula or sustained a dreaded "high ankle sprain", but Chris Brown seems to indicate it's his knee. Probably strained it pretty bad.

My guess is it's a 4- to 6-weeker. Maybe see him by Week 3 or 4.

Really wish we had Gaines right about now, i would expext the Bills to sign a tightend next couple days.

I don't see that happening. Anderson, Fine, and Massaqoui will just get longer looks.

Sucks for Shou, esp. after last season was shortened by injury too. I, for one, hope Fine is able to step it up with this opportunity. Hasn't looked bad of what I've read and seen. How great would that be to finally develop a TE after wandering in the desert at the position for the past 10 years?

Really wish we had Gaines right about now, i would expext the Bills to sign a tightend next couple days.

I second that. I liked Gaines and thought he showed the potential to be a good all-around TE. I guess the Lions thought so too, that's why they gave him $18 million.

Gaines made a lot of errors on the field. Watching him in a game was very frustrating.

He made a lot of big Gaines ( :devil: ) but then would drop a wide open first down on third and long. That was some frustrating sh*t.