London Fletcher?

Does our all-world LB London Fletcher want to get any more irritating??

His performance this year has been ridiculous - stupid penalties, often, combined with dreadful coverage skills just makes me shake my head at him. I thought he was better than all this...

77557[/snapback]

I got excoriated for suggesting him as trade bait. :devil:

His performance this year has been ridiculous - stupid penalties, often, combined with dreadful coverage skills just makes me shake my head at him. I thought he was better than all this...

77557[/snapback]

expecting great pass coverage out of your middle linebacker is unrealistic. it is more a credit to the bills' opponents' ability to take advantage of the mismatch than an indictment of fletcher. the guy has been all over the field making tackles. aside from a couple of stupid penalties in the pats' game (one of which was a horrible call), he is having a very solid year IMO.

expecting great pass coverage out of your middle linebacker is unrealistic.  it is more a credit to the bills' opponents' ability to take advantage of the mismatch than an indictment of fletcher.  the guy has been all over the field making tackles.  aside from a couple of stupid penalties in the pats' game (one of which was a horrible call), he is having a very solid year IMO.

77581[/snapback]

Very solid, save the couple bonehead penalties.

77557[/snapback]

Nick, I know you play football but either you do not understand the MLB position in a 4-3 or you have not seen all the games. I'll give you the few bad penalties, but his positives immensely outweigh his negatives and he may be having an overall better season than even last year.

Been saying for a cou-ple years that this guy is a punk. He can't cover, gets run over, and gambles so much he often is out of position to take the play. His tackles are seldom one on one, usually just jumping on the pile. His character is his worst failing, however, and this has to rub off on the team as a whole.

Trade him? Who'd take him?

Cutting him would be a cap hit, but I wouldn't miss his mindless grins.

He'll soon be gone in one way or another.

Been saying for a cou-ple years that this guy is a punk.  He can't cover, gets run over, and gambles so much he often is out of position to take the play.  His tackles are seldom one on one, usually just jumping on the pile.  His character is his worst failing, however, and this has to rub off on the team as a whole.

Trade him?  Who'd take him?

Cutting him would be a cap hit, but I wouldn't miss his mindless grins.

He'll soon be gone in one way or another.

77791[/snapback]

Yeah, bring back Brandon Spoon. The Bills were much better with him in there. ;)

how many tackles did he have vs. the pats?? look it up. the announcer said the number of tackles he had during last weeks game. then come back and see if you still want him gone...

and i did see him run down that WR who broke away. HOW THE HELL DID HE DO THAT.

the few penalties he has had were ruffing the passer, and to be honest, we all know those were bull stevestojan calls.

he did get beat for a TD vs. miami, but you cant be a tackling machine and be a great cover LB. i think spikes is the only guy who can do that. and whoes idea was it to have him cover there best WR anyway???

He had the best game of any defender all season against the Jets. To be a truly "great" player he has to avoid stupid penalties.

I agree with the poster who stated pass coverage out of a middle linebacker is pretty unrealistic. Lewis of Baltimore is probably the only middle linebacker in the league who does it very well.

He had the best game of any defender all season against the Jets.  To be a truly "great" player he has to avoid stupid penalties. 

I agree with the poster who stated pass coverage out of a middle linebacker is pretty unrealistic.  Lewis of Baltimore is probably the only middle linebacker in the league who does it very well.

78051[/snapback]

Teddy Bruschi is another IMO and I hate to say it.