London Fletcher?

OK, I'll ease up on Fletcher. He's tops at making tackles 5 - 10 yards downfield on players the DL have failed to stop. ;)

78069[/snapback]

Perhaps this claim would be legit if he didin't seem to bcredited with so many of his tackles as solo tackles. Perhaps if he is a lightweight unable to bring players down with his hit without help. his tackles 5 yards downfield would provide an opportunity for othjers to finish the job he could not complete and your complaint might be legit.

However, of the problem is that he simply gets other folks tackles that should have been made by his pursuit, then making tavkles 5 yards downfield is a big benefit to the Bills becauseif he wasn't there then it would be a 10 yard run.

Actually, the Bills stats indicate that they have not given up a lot of yards (its why they;re statistically well into the upper third of teams defensively) and that too the extent the complaint you offer is legit it is prompted by a few noticeable plays which are not the norm for the Bills or his play. In fact, given his motor (which Fletcher uses to compensate for his lack of size) my guess is that the times you notice him tackling someone 5 yards down the fild it is because of his motor allowing him to tackle another player someone else should have met at the line of scrimmage.

No one should mistake Fletcher for Dick Butkus and I would not call him a great MLB. However, I would call him a vey gppd (but again not great) MLB whom the Bills signed to a contract paying him a very good but not great (by NFL standards) wage.

Fletcher strikes me as well worth what we pay for him and he is a great Bill. He is our second best LB behind Spikes, and is paid that way and Pro Bowl voters andmost fans recognize this. The idea he is a cancer or should be cut is silly.

Does our all-world LB London Fletcher want to get any more irritating??

His performance this year has been ridiculous - stupid penalties, often, combined with dreadful coverage skills just makes me shake my head at him. I thought he was better than all this...

77557[/snapback]

I agree with the penalties comment, but to condem for his coverage skills is a little unreasonable. Fletch is short, but fast. He really shouldn't be depended upon to be taking on receivers in the secondary. Remem Chris Spielman? Spielman was awesome in every phase of his game (in his prime), but pass coverage. I am not saying there are no ILB's that have good pass coverage skills, they are few and far between....on his best days Fletcher kind of plays like Spielman. Except those damn penalties!!!! None against the phins that I recall!

OK OK - i hear what y'all are saying - and no dobut he is a good MLB - but the guy just pisses me off a lot. He's meant to be a great LB - one of the best in the league and certainly on a par with Spikes, yet he consistently does dumbass things that negate his stellar play in the middle.

I don't want to trade him - but he seriously pisses me off like no other Bill does. Not a cancer - just a nasty itch you can't scratch

Then again, I've always disliked under-sized MLBs...

Does our all-world LB London Fletcher want to get any more irritating??

His performance this year has been ridiculous - stupid penalties, often, combined with dreadful coverage skills just makes me shake my head at him. I thought he was better than all this...

77557[/snapback]

Coverage has always been a weak spot for Fletcher. But, you're right, he does seem to have a problem with these penalties and poor behavior. This just doesn't seem like him at all. I have to hope he'll get it together soon.