Today is a good day

Starting defense....showed its stuff.....

Both Ko and Dante.....both guys people have been bitching about....made a play on the SAME play......:thumbsup:

Starting defense showed its stuff against a Pitt offense that was not missing any players......Big Ben had to wait for the back up unit before he could score

then of course....the offense

- Edwards.....NUFF SAID (for those who didn't get to see the game.....played nearly perfect ball.....went to play action right off the bat for a big gainer........showed good accuracy and a willingness to use the TE for 2 TD's out of 2 series.

- James Hardy showed what he can do for this team even when he isn't scoring the points himselves.....he is a BIG reason as to why Robert Royal (who played very well) was able to score....this is one of the things he brings to this team......he just gives us so many options....he can catch the basketball lob.....he draws coverage away from other receivers....AND I quite sure that we will use that same package to run Lynch underneath the coverage in the end zone at some point. Hardy is a GAME CHANGER

- Special teams.....in 2 games Leodis has almost broken a TD return and last night broke one....he is absolute weapon.....and one of the other nice things is with a star returner rookie we dont have to play MgGee so much at that spot and he can concentrate on corner.

Today is a good day. I feel good about this team and the direction it is going.

Today is a good day, honestly...is there anything we could say bad about last night

Well, Walker whiffed on a block in the first quarter, allowing Edwards to be sacked - almost for a safety. But Peters will join the fold soon, so I'm not too concerned. Other than that, not too much went wrong for our starters last nite. Maybe the D looked a little 'porous' on the Steelers' opening drive, until penalties stalled Pittsburg and Donte made the pick that started our first scoring drive.

You could argue that our D-backs won the game - Whitner's pick robbed the Steelers of a sure FG opportunity; McKelvin's TD return was the margin of victory. Hey...maybe the Bills know WTF they're doin' after all, drafting all those DBs???

You are right - it's always a great day after a Bills win.

19 and 0 baby!!! :)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posluszny!!!!! :thumbsup:

Both Ko and Dante.....both guys people have been bitching about....made a play on the SAME play......:)

Starting defense showed its stuff against a Pitt offense that was not missing any players......Big Ben had to wait for the back up unit before he could score

- Edwards.....NUFF SAID (for those who didn't get to see the game.....played nearly perfect ball.....went to play action right off the bat for a big gainer........showed good accuracy and a willingness to use the TE for 2 TD's out of 2 series.

- James Hardy showed what he can do for this team even when he isn't scoring the points himselves.....he is a BIG reason as to why Robert Royal (who played very well) was able to score....this is one of the things he brings to this team......he just gives us so many options....he can catch the basketball lob.....he draws coverage away from other receivers....AND I quite sure that we will use that same package to run Lynch underneath the coverage in the end zone at some point. Hardy is a GAME CHANGER

- Special teams.....in 2 games Leodis has almost broken a TD return and last night broke one....he is absolute weapon.....and one of the other nice things is with a star returner rookie we dont have to play MgGee so much at that spot and he can concentrate on corner.

What he said!

I hope the two first team drives are a true indication of what this offense can do. OMG, they scored two TDs in the red xone?

It was sweet, plus the D and special teams were great.

I also do not care if they play an occasional game in Toronto if it keeps the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo.

Just do not give be that "Toronto Bills" chit the media is calling it. :thumbsup:

On the play before the first TD, I would have LOVED to have seen him and TE on the same page and him standing, untouched with the ball in the back of the endzone like he could have been. Whatever the fock ever, we scored anyways. A Hardy TD would have gotten me PUMPED though!

Both Ko and Dante.....both guys people have been bitching about....made a play on the SAME play......:thumbsup:

Yup! I agree

For the record, those two are SICK together. GWilson ALMOST made a great play catching up to that bomb, but he should never have been out of position enough for it to go up in the first place. You would NEVER see that happen with DWDuck and KoKollege back there!

Woo! Whatta tandem!

The only bad thing I saw was all the empty seats. Wait a minute maybe thats a good thing. Anyway it was a joke, they had to cover a bunch of seats with tarps, just like Jacksonville. The atmosphere was that of a neutral site at best, no home field advantage thats for sure. The Bills starters looked great. :thumbsup:

The only bad thing I saw was all the empty seats. Wait a minute maybe thats a good thing. Anyway it was a joke, they had to cover a bunch of seats with tarps, just like Jacksonville. The atmosphere was that of a neutral site at best, no home field advantage thats for sure. The Bills starters looked great. :thumbsup:

Ya I notcied that as well. A lot of empty seats. They should lower the ticket price and rebate anyone who paid a higher price.

A few things I noticed:

Will James has brought nothing to the table yet---except missed tackles, bad angles, and allowing catches in front of him. I'd rather keep Scott/Corner/Youboty than him if it comes down to it.

Mckelvin tackles with poor form. He seems to duck his head down at the legs of the receiver. Not in a good way like Winfield used to do where he just went in and blew up the guys legs sending him ass over teakettle. And yes, he took one all the way, but i was underwhelmed by his returns for the rest of the game. Too indecisive, and and he nearly got blown up himslef on one of the PR's. Overall, at this point Mcgee/Parrish are better options, though Mckelvin will continue to improve with experience.

Barnes didn't do too much to impress. Most of our runs were with the field spread. It's about time we did this.... Haven't seen us run the ball like that since Willis vs. the Jets. Do we need a fullback? Our guys run pretty hard, and we actually looked good picking up a few short yardage situations. To be fair, I didn't iso Barnes when he was in there, but saw him be ineffective on a few plays.

Trent is amazing at putting the ball where the receivers can make the first guy miss. We had significant RAC yards on his drives due to this. With JP, the receivers have to adjust to the throw so much they are unable to get away from that first guy. It turns a 6 yard gain into 12-15 yards. I can think of several throws this mattered on including Royals 2nd TD. No way he beats 2 steelers into the endzone unless that ball was right on the money.

Corto was a demon all night on D and ST.

Fred Jackson is one of the better 2nd backs in the league. I think we should have a formation with Evans/Parrish/Hardy/Lynch/Jackson. That would have alot of motion options, either guy to run, or catch out of the backfield, and could pick up blitzes as well and go downfield. Dangerous.....

Wright is fumbling his way out of Buffalo. Omon looks like a nice replacement though...

Ellison looks stronger than last year. He and Digiorgio are excellent backups.....

Thrilled to see us dominate a good P-burgh team, especially on the ground. That was monumentally impressive.

For all intents and purposes, only including stats that were when our "ones" were facing their "ones"....

Score

Bills 14 Steelers 0

Edwards:

9-11 104yds 2TDs, 22 yds rushing

Roesthlisberger

6-8 53yds 1 INT

Total Rushing Yards

BUF

39 = 8 carries 4.9 ypc

PIT

16 = 5 carries = 3.2 ypc

...we flat out kicked their sorry asses. They can deny it all they like, blame it on pre-season, whatever. I just watched it again at lunch time here and: They couldn't block us, they couldn't tackle us and they sure as hell couldn't cover us. Trent Ewards ran for more yards than Willie Parker. :thumbsup: I know a beating when I see one, and that was a beating. Hell, even the NFL network guys are saying that we "gashed" :) them. Link here: "Gashed" Love it that Woodson has to say that we gashed the Steelers. :lol:

They didn't belong on the same field out there with us last night, and this is coming from the statistically BEST D in the league? Wow...either their team decided to take the night off, or, we are pretty darn good after all. Could be either, both, neither, or other causes for it, but there's no doubt it was an ass-kicking.

For the record, those two are SICK together. GWilson ALMOST made a great play catching up to that bomb, but he should never have been out of position enough for it to go up in the first place. You would NEVER see that happen with DWDuck and KoKollege back there!

Woo! Whatta tandem!

He did almost make a great TD saving play. He did better than I thought he would on it. As I understand it (from hearing both the Sirius play-by-play and the NFLchannel play) we started in a cover two, but switched to a cover - 3, with GWilson covering the middle third, SSafety near the box and the two CB's with deep 3rd responsibility each. They ran TWO fly patterns one along each of the sidelines preventing GW from helping 1 of the two earlier. So it was in fact a blown coverage by Yobouty as he had deep coverage responsibility for his deep third. If you saw the play he was Waaay behind. People on Sirius wondered if he was looking into the backfield on the play. He was clearly running hard to catch up, so it looked to me like he knew he blew it.

It was a perfect call for the defense that we switched into, and our corner was abused by S. Holmes. Yet GW did a pretty decent recovery job and almost made a spectacular play.

...we flat out kicked their sorry asses. They can deny it all they like, blame it on pre-season, whatever. I just watched it again at lunch time here and: They couldn't block us, they couldn't tackle us and they sure as hell couldn't cover us. Trent Ewards ran for more yards than Willie Parker. :worthy: I know a beating when I see one, and that was a beating. Hell, even the NFL network guys are saying that we "gashed" :P them. Link here: "Gashed" Love it that Woodson has to say that we gashed the Steelers. :lol:

They didn't belong on the same field out there with us last night, and this is coming from the statistically BEST D in the league? Wow...either their team decided to take the night off, or, we are pretty darn good after all. Could be either, both, neither, or other causes for it, but there's no doubt it was an ass-kicking.

Isn't it great for a change when the other team has to come up with excuses why their starters got their asses kicked in the preseason...

Keep up the momentum. When it's starters vs. starters, pre-season matters unless you're Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

Last night was nice but it was only 1 half of football. You can outscore opponents in one half of football and lose it in the next. As a Bills fan everyone should understand that since we have the greatest comeback in NFL history.

The Bills need to learn how to finish games. Broncos, Dallas and NY Giants from last year ring a bell?