Hardy? Anyone? Hardy?

Beerball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't watch the game... Did he play at all? Thrown to/Dropped Passes? I have the game Tivo'ed so i'll be watching tonight, just wondering if there were any reactions from TBDers on Mr. Hardy's performance.

Saw the McKelvin highlight on ESPN - that guys looks ridiculous...

The Steelers paid extra attention on him in the redzone, allowing Royal to be open.

Ya this seems like the case. But it didn'nt seem like he was in long enough. Pitt had Sweed in for the whole game it looked like.

Pitt had Sweed in for the whole game it looked like.

Did anyone catch Sweed's stat line:

..........Rec--Yd--TD--Long

L. Sweed 2--9--0--7

Of course that is better than 0-0-0-0....But not by much.

(Sorry for the formatting issues, can't figure out how to indent/line up the columns...)

HARDY CLEARS OUT SPACE FOR ROYAL: With Hardy lined up outside of Royal on the right side on that second touchdown play, Hardy took his corner deep into the end zone. The safety had to respect the fade to Hardy and was eight yards deep in the end zone. That allowed Royal to run eight yards after the catch to pay dirt.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3834

There was another play where Edwards had to check down on a play designed to go to Hardy. He ended up dumping it off to F. Jackson because I don't think it was there.

I'm sure the coaching staff wanted to see what they had with Hardy, but the opportunities were minimal.

Be ready for posts like this on a regular basis until the 2nd half of the season or so, it takes some time to get a WR's feet wet. There will be some flashes because of his size and athletic ability, but expect a learning curb people. Some long stretches without hearing from him then BLAM!!!!! Hardy scores on the fade!!!!!!!!

Did anyone catch Sweed's stat line:

..........Rec--Yd--TD--Long

L. Sweed 2--9--0--7

Of course that is better than 0-0-0-0....But not by much.

(Sorry for the formatting issues, can't figure out how to indent/line up the columns...)

Sweed looked below average, IMO. He only played with the second and third stringers. But he dropped a few.

All of these rookie WR's look lost.

HARDY CLEARS OUT SPACE FOR ROYAL: With Hardy lined up outside of Royal on the right side on that second touchdown play, Hardy took his corner deep into the end zone. The safety had to respect the fade to Hardy and was eight yards deep in the end zone. That allowed Royal to run eight yards after the catch to pay dirt.

This just shows the impact he'll have in the redzone, even when not being thrown to he demands a lot of attention b/c he's so freaking tall. Thats going to do a lot for this teams ability to score TDs and not FGs IMHO. :thumbsup:

This just shows the impact he'll have in the redzone, even when not being thrown to he demands a lot of attention b/c he's so freaking tall. Thats going to do a lot for this teams ability to score TDs and not FGs IMHO. :thumbsup:

Agreed 100%. This is the impact a lot of people were talking about and its not reflected in the numbers. If defenses fear Hardy in the redzone, and thus have to back off coverage, this opens the door for others to be open. In my book, a TD is a TD, no matter who scores it.

Be ready for posts like this on a regular basis until the 2nd half of the season or so, it takes some time to get a WR's feet wet. There will be some flashes because of his size and athletic ability, but expect a learning curb people. Some long stretches without hearing from him then BLAM!!!!! Hardy scores on the fade!!!!!!!!

He may not make it to the middle of the season. I could see if he had minimal stats but all 0? He could very well be one of the last cuts. He was a high draft choice so they will give him a long look, but he is fighting for a roster spot at this point.

I agree there is a learning curb. There is a learning curb with everything. When I was 16 my dad was pissed at me because I was ruining a lot of tires. I had to tell him it was because of the learning curb and that he should just chill out.

That is another huge thing Hardy is going to bring to this team. He's already proving his worth, IMO, regardless of the fact he needs to run better routes and not make mental mistakes. I really think he's going to be a very good player with potential for greatness.

He may not make it to the middle of the season. I could see if he had minimal stats but all 0? He could very well be one of the last cuts. He was a high draft choice so they will give him a long look, but he is fighting for a roster spot at this point.

I agree there is a learning curb. There is a learning curb with everything. When I was 16 my dad was pissed at me because I was ruining a lot of tires. I had to tell him it was because of the learning curb and that he should just chill out.

It's called a learning curve :thumbsup: , you know like a sign curve? You ruined tires because you can't drive for shite.