I'll say this about Edwards

silvermike

Hey! Pobody's nerfect....

Though I did enjoy Trent connecting with resident whipping-boy Robert Royal for both his TDs...

I thought Youboty was the current resident whipping boy....with Dwayne Wright in solid contnetion...almost frogot about Royal!

OFFENSE: Quarterback Trent Edwards, who played two rather fruitless series in the preseason opener at Washington, played two rather spectacular series against the Steelers as he completed 9 of 11 passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns to tight end Robert Royal.

and 3/3 3rd Down conversions

I kept thinking, what team is this?

I thought Youboty was the current resident whipping boy....with Dwayne Wright in solid contnetion...almost frogot about Royal!

I wouldn't say Youboty is the whipping boy, he is just voted most likely to be cut/traded/not make the team due to the talent at the position and the fact he hasn't developed into his potential yet. Although after the past 2 games, I'd say he is looking more likely to get a roster spot then be cut.

Wright on the other hand is usually in talks aabout who is going to get cut and that he is a bust, along with Robert Royal who is more in teh whipping boy category.

Come on everyone, Edwards sucked last night!

Only 9 of 11? What happened on the the other 2 throws?

And of the 9 completions only 2 went for TDs. Give me a break a TD on every 4 1/2 completions.

Please! Besides how are we suppose to get an 1/2 completion?

Cut him now while there's still time.

but the throw to royal in triple coverage was definitely stupid. he had hardy open, and he dropped it into heavy coverage. worked out because it was a nice pass and royal made a nice catch, but trent loves to take that big chance when we don't need to. dude loves INTs at the worst possible times.

Even taking the chance there doesn't really bug me... what bugs me is he was locked on Royal that entire play. NFL defenses don't let you get away with that stuff very often.

trent did look pretty awesome last night. no way to take that away from him...nor should anyone want to.

but the throw to royal in triple coverage was definitely stupid. he had hardy open, and he dropped it into heavy coverage. worked out because it was a nice pass and royal made a nice catch, but trent loves to take that big chance when we don't need to. dude loves INTs at the worst possible times.

that being said...we looked like a bonified offensive threat last night. running game was solid. the oline looked solid...but the steelers d also looked pretty bad. and after one good preseason game, im not ready to say it was our stellar offense that did that to them.

I could be wrong, but it appeared to be zone coverage to me. Edwards put the ball on the money, and it would have been difficult for any of the defenders to make a play on it.

I could be wrong, but it appeared to be zone coverage to me. Edwards put the ball on the money, and it would have been difficult for any of the defenders to make a play on it.

That was a perfect throw...Edwards knew what he was doing. Royal was going to catch it, or it was going to sail harmlessly out of bounds. None of those defenders could have made a play on it. That play was a perfecet illustration of Edwards greatest strength (quick release/quick reads)...other QB's would have made the same throw, and gotten picked.