I have been looking to do something to supplement my income

I am studying up on it now.....right now I am on the part of deciding where to buy my domain from to start biulding a website.

I know this type of business doesn't pay great to start.....but I am willing to give it a shot.

What really suprised me on this part was the fact that I go through Verizon for my internet and phone service....but they still want to charge me way more for a domain then a lot of other companies (based off of a forum I am getting information from right now)

I feel like a baby that cant even walk yet when it comes to this stuff.....if anyone is doing it now it would be great to get some advice in plain English. The forum sites I am trying to decipher use to many abbreviations for words and i dont understand the lingo yet.

I am studying up on it now.....right now I am on the part of deciding where to buy my domain from to start biulding a website.

I know this type of business doesn't pay great to start.....but I am willing to give it a shot.

What really suprised me on this part was the fact that I go through Verizon for my internet and phone service....but they still want to charge me way more for a domain then a lot of other companies (based off of a forum I am getting information from right now)

I feel like a baby that cant even walk yet when it comes to this stuff.....if anyone is doing it now it would be great to get some advice in plain English. The forum sites I am trying to decipher use to many abbreviations for words and i dont understand the lingo yet.

I'm always suspect of companies that spend more time finding people to sell their products than people to actually buy them. I know friends who would do in-home toy parties. They all wound up with a boatload of unsold toys.

That said it really comes down to how good a salesman you are. Salespeople sell. It doesn't matter what you sell. If you can sell, you can sell anything. And I really believe salespeople are born, not made.

PTR

I've been approached by friend and business associates five times over the last two months to get involved in these schemes. Three people tried to pimp me the Mona-vie miracle juice, and two others with the Fortune 500 or something that sounds like what you're describing.

Here's the thing for me...ask yourself how you shop and make buying decisions. Do you like to buy things from friends or would you like to buy your cleaning products from Amway? Me neither.

I actually sat through ONE Mona-vie pitch and the guy gave me the income disclosure statement that they are required by law to provide. The bottom line is that only 2-3% of everybody that are 'distributors' are making any money. There was a recent article on MSN about Mona-vie and their pitch. My $.02 is to stay the hell away from that schit.

I've been approached by friend and business associates five times over the last two months to get involved in these schemes. Three people tried to pimp me the Mona-vie miracle juice, and two others with the Fortune 500 or something that sounds like what you're describing.

Here's the thing for me...ask yourself how you shop and make buying decisions. Do you like to buy things from friends or would you like to buy your cleaning products from Amway? Me neither.

I actually sat through ONE Mona-vie pitch and the guy gave me the income disclosure statement that they are required by law to provide. The bottom line is that only 2-3% of everybody that are 'distributors' are making any money. There was a recent article on MSN about Mona-vie and their pitch. My $.02 is to stay the hell away from that schit.

I dont do my shoppng this way however I DO do quite a bit of internet search engine research before I buy something whether it be major or minor.

Just FYI. Everything time you click on a link while you are doing that somebody is making money. That one click isn't very much at all but it adds up. I actually like going the internet route because I dont have to sell face to face.

If they dont like what I am advertising they can just not click on it. I need to come up with something I can work on at night because I am fixing to lose a large amount of supplemental income from my GI Bill. That money was not going to last forever but now I have to make alternate plans. I could also deliver pizza's but I have health problems.

A colleague tried to make me one of her MonaVie pyramid scheme bitches. Her pitch was that people are lining up to shell out $30 a pop (twice a month) for the preventative cure-all. She has a storefront business that's doing well, and yet she's "making 12k a week for 10 hours of work" selling MV. She could never explain to me why she isn't selling the juice full time given that income 'potential'.

A colleague tried to make me one of her MonaVie pyramid scheme bitches. Her pitch was that people are lining up to shell out $30 a pop (twice a month) for the preventative cure-all. She has a storefront business that's doing well, and yet she's "making 12k a week for 10 hours of work" selling MV. She could never explain to me why she isn't selling the juice full time given that income 'potential'.

BINGO.

PTR

Get a paper route, you will make more and you won't have to bug your friends :wallbash:

:wallbash: That about sums it up! I have some friends that fall for every one of these schemes- monavie, vitamins, household items, etc. I laugh whenever they start their new pitch

Just FYI,

I dont plan on making a mint doing this......I am just going to try it and see where it goes.

For the amount of time and money you're going to waste, it'll end up being a net loss for you. Move along quickly. If you want to make extra money, take a second job doing something you like to do.

MLMs make the dude who starts them rich. And pretty much NO ONE else. Virtually everyone involved loses money because it's expected that you move a certain amount of product - even if it means digging into your own pocket to do it.

Move along quickly and pretend you never even considered this garbage.

:wallbash: That about sums it up! I have some friends that fall for every one of these schemes- monavie, vitamins, household items, etc. I laugh whenever they start their new pitch

There was a guy hawking that crap here several months back...probably got deleted in the great Rosen or is still buried somewhere in the consumer forum.

Just FYI,

I dont plan on making a mint doing this......I am just going to try it and see where it goes.

Have you ever thought about reffing football/basketball/volleyball? All excellent sources of 2nd income. I umpire softball in the summertime and last winter I hooked up with our county and opened/closed gyms up for basketball a couple nights a week and on Saturdays. All total, I made about an extra $5k for the year.

Have you ever thought about reffing football/basketball/volleyball? All excellent sources of 2nd income. I umpire softball in the summertime and last winter I hooked up with our county and opened/closed gyms up for basketball a couple nights a week and on Saturdays. All total, I made about an extra $5k for the year.

That is a thought...I will look into that.