One Game Playoff-Red Sox vs Yankees

T-Bone

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

would you care to explain how he "showed his true colors"?  are you referring to him trying to get on base by swatting at the glove?  is that classless?  i call it smart baseball, doing what it takes to help your team win!

77301[/snapback]

So true, Poojer!

How many people were ranting that the Bills D should have committed intentional pass intererence rather than let the pass be caught with no time left against the Jagwads??

That is different from swatting at the ball?

'Splain it to me, Lucy! ;)

So true, Poojer!

How many people were ranting that the Bills D should have committed intentional pass intererence rather than let the pass be caught with no time left against the Jagwads??

That is different from swatting at the ball?

'Splain it to me, Lucy!  ;)

77744[/snapback]

Exactly!

Just like in hockey... The guy has got a clean breakaway... You take him down, concede the penalty shot and hope to "Ice him."

Isn't this what they "teach?"

Not classless. Classless if you keep carrying on about it.

It is only "natural" he swats at it.

Why can you dislodge the ball at home and no other base?

Exactly!

Just like in hockey... The guy has got a clean breakaway... You take him down, concede the penalty shot and hope to "Ice him."

Isn't this what they "teach?"

Not classless.  Classless if you keep carrying on about it.

It is only "natural" he swats at it.

Why can you dislodge the ball at home and no other base?

77799[/snapback]

Please count for me how many tag plays where you have seen a guy swat the ball. And you can't "swat" it at home either. You can run into the guy if he is obstructing the basepath to knock the ball loose but you can't grab the ball out and throw it. You have been watching too much football. And A-Rod was bitching about it afterwards when he knew it was wrong. That's classless.

And bitching about how you'd like to go to a winner after you've signed the richest contract in history -- one that ENSURES you'll be the richest even if another player gets a better contract -- is classless. Face it. Your boy is a douchebag, a poster boy for a baseball players' union that can get whatever it wants with zero team loyalty.

Because I haven't seen one.  The Astros just won their 3 home games.  If we win our 4 we win the pennant.

Your Stankees on the other hand have become the FIRST TEAM EVER to blow a 3-0 lead and play a game 7.

So don't talk to me about choke jobs, I know it steers your mind away from this meltdown you guys are having, but when you sit down to watch the game tonight you still have to live with the fact that you are in the same spot I'm in.  Win or go home.

77330[/snapback]

I suspect the Sox fans are feeling a lot like Bills fans before SB XXVIII ;)

It is all on the line tonight!

Please count for me how many tag plays where you have seen a guy swat the ball.  And you can't "swat" it at home either.  You can run into the guy if he is obstructing the basepath to knock the ball loose but you can't grab the ball out and throw it.  You have been watching too much football.  And A-Rod was bitching about it afterwards when he knew it was wrong.  That's classless.

And bitching about how you'd like to go to a winner after you've signed the richest contract in history -- one that ENSURES you'll be the richest even if another player gets a better contract -- is classless.  Face it.  Your boy is a douchebag.

77864[/snapback]

The rules only say it has to be "natural".

To me it seems perfectly natural to never quit.

77880[/snapback]

It's perfectly natural to want to punch a pitcher in the face after you've been hit by a pitch. But if you do it, you're thrown out. This is not 'Nam, there are rules. Would you like me to send you a baseball rulebook?

It's perfectly natural to want to punch a pitcher in the face after you've been hit by a pitch.  But if you do it, you're thrown out.  This is not 'Nam, there are rules.  Would you like me to send you a baseball rulebook?

77885[/snapback]

Then you accept getting thrown out of the game if you feel the pitcher did it on purpose.

I do think he was trying to dislodge the ball... He never went where the tag was applied... not the ball.

You do what you can.

I don't care who did... Personally I am not an A-Rod fan. You get away with what you can... He didn't.

77880[/snapback]

It was a natural reaction A-rod swiping at the glove, hardly when he hit the ball did he run size up the situation and decide to hit the ball out of glove , he reacted trying more to knock it out of the way and avoid tag , if in such bang bang reactions one can make decisions rather than reactions he would have ran down the first baseman blocking the baseline without the ball and the first baseman would have been call for interference. Absolute overkill all the name calling on A- rod , what next the hot dog venders at the stadium....

I think if the Sox win tonight, the momentum and relief will carry them through the World Series.  That and a few days of rest would help greatly.

77091[/snapback]

I'm rooting for the Sox tonight, but regarding the rest of your post, Bills fans thought the exact same thing after the Comeback against Houston. ;)

he reacted  trying more to knock it out of the way and avoid tag , if in such bang bang reactions one can make decisions rather than reactions he would have ran down the first baseman blocking the baseline without the ball and the first baseman would have been call for interference.

77910[/snapback]

There are your run-of-the-mill Yankee apologist posts and then there are posts like this. ;)

Most baserunners who try to "avoid the tag" don't deliberately hit the glove with the ball in it. (I suppose you could argue that A-Rod thought Arroyo had the ball in his other hand, but that defies reason about as much as believing that Roger Clemens actually thought he was throwing a ball at Mike Piazza.) Rather, they twist OUT OF THE WAY of the tag.

Mientkiewicz wasn't part of the play until after A-Rod knocked the ball out of Arroyo's glove. If A-Rod hadn't slapped Arroyo's arm, the umpires probably would have called interference on Mientkiewicz because A-Rod ended up missing first base. But the first action was A-Rod's blatant interference, so he's already out no matter what Mientkiewicz does.

In any case, "trying to knock it away" is still interference.

There are your run-of-the-mill Yankee apologist posts and then there are posts like this.  ;)

Most baserunners who try to "avoid the tag" don't deliberately hit the glove with the ball in it.  (I suppose you could argue that A-Rod thought Arroyo had the ball in his other hand, but that defies reason about as much as believing that Roger Clemens actually thought he was throwing a ball at Mike Piazza.)  Rather, they twist OUT OF THE WAY of the tag.

Mientkiewicz wasn't part of the play until after A-Rod knocked the ball out of Arroyo's glove.  If A-Rod hadn't slapped Arroyo's arm, the umpires probably would have called interference on Mientkiewicz because A-Rod ended up missing first base.  But the first action was A-Rod's blatant interference, so he's already out no matter what Mientkiewicz does.

In any case, "trying to knock it away" is still interference.

78032[/snapback]

Enough, what I am saying is no way did A-Rod hit the ball run and decide to strike the glove , he reacted , the making him out to be a cheater for this is total overkill, he was rightly called out so be it...

enough :devil:;);););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please count for me how many tag plays where you have seen a guy swat the ball.  And you can't "swat" it at home either.  You can run into the guy if he is obstructing the basepath to knock the ball loose but you can't grab the ball out and throw it.  You have been watching too much football.  And A-Rod was bitching about it afterwards when he knew it was wrong.  That's classless.

And bitching about how you'd like to go to a winner after you've signed the richest contract in history -- one that ENSURES you'll be the richest even if another player gets a better contract -- is classless.  Face it.  Your boy is a douchebag, a poster boy for a baseball players' union that can get whatever it wants with zero team loyalty.

77864[/snapback]

I am not defending A-Rod, and he is not my boy.

I am saying that a player will do what he has to, to try to make something happen and fans would roast his ass if he did not.

Anything else about A-Rod has nothing to do with that specific point.

Oh yeah, I can love a team and dislike a player, too. ;)