One Game Playoff-Red Sox vs Yankees

T-Bone

If he, or any other professional player, FAILED to try to knock the ball loose then I would be pitching a fit.  his job is to get on base, short of punching a player, he should make every effort possible to seperate ball from glove.

77355[/snapback]

so every player on every routine grounder should swipe at the ball? You have been watching too much football....what is next throwing things at the SP while on 1B, to distract him.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is someone coming at him from the pitchers mound and another directly in his path towards 1b, absolutely. i am actually quite surprised that doug mankievitz(sp) did not get called for interference

so every player on every routine grounder should swipe at the ball? You have been watching too much football....what is next throwing things at the SP while on 1B, to distract him.....

77443[/snapback]

if there is someone coming at him from the pitchers mound and another directly in his path towards 1b, absolutely. i am actually quite surprised that doug mankievitz(sp) did not get called for interference

77461[/snapback]

Why??? He has a right to be there.

A Rod is the one who was wrong in that play, the umps got it right, and the announcers knew it too.

Why argue something that's correct?

a player cannot stand directly in the basepath if he does not have the ball, the runner has a right to get to the bag. and i still stand by my opinion, and i would stand by it if it were a red sox runner trying to get on base

Why???  He has a right to be there.

A Rod is the one who was wrong in that play, the umps got it right, and the announcers knew it too.

77466[/snapback]

I am not arguing the call, the call was correct, i am simply saying that that was a-rod trying hard to make a play, he was not being a "classless jerk" as he was called earlier in the thread. the play was called 200% correct, and i am glad the umps got together and got it right

Why???  He has a right to be there.

77466[/snapback]

POOJER in that situation though all he is going to do is get called for interference.  He's out AND Jeter goes back to first base.  That hurts worse then him just grounding out.

77357[/snapback]

But he was going to be out anyway, so why not try it?

RkFast your a moron. How dare you call people in mass M!@#$s your the !@#$. You dont know everyone here you ass!! Grow the hell up prick!! Boneman im with you but you should of stayed quiet man you could of just jinxed them. LETS GO SOXX!!!!

RkFast your a moron. How dare you call people in mass M!@#$s your the !@#$. You dont know everyone here you ass!! Grow the hell up prick!! Boneman im with you but you should of stayed quiet man you could of just jinxed them. LETS GO SOXX!!!!

77609[/snapback]

I like to fondly refer to it as the "Mass. Influence" ;);) ... You can take the north side of Chicago also and meld with it. Some places get a bad name...

Where is Lee Elia when you need him? I think his statements as a Cub manager 20 some years ago could sum up some BoSox fans. How in the world can they be screaming to bench Bellhorn? Booing their team at home in the ALCS?

?? Go figure?

;););):devil:

77609[/snapback]

So you are one of those who believes in the curse then?