Edwards threw a 70 yard TD to Hardy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the ball travel 70 in the air or was it like 40 and he run 30?

Not 70, but probably 45-50. Hardy -- who beat the coverage by a good five yards -- was definitely inside the 20 when he caught it.

Not disagreeing. It was a pretty throw.

This is something I have been wanting to see, even if it was in practice. I knew nothing about TE from college. I knew nothing about his arm strength, so when people started questioning his arm strength. I had nothing to to compare it against. I like seeing this in practice. I hope to see it in a game. I just like seeing him go deep.

Lori did you see the play at practice?

When people say crappy things about Trent's Arm strength it's because they are trying to compare him to JP's mutant arm.

Trent Edwards has arm strength. i don't understand where people get that he doesn't. Does he have the arm strength of JP Losman? The answer is no. However, JP is considered to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. I would say Trent is better then average if not good in the arm strength area. Last year Coach Jauron said he had a strong arm when asked about what his evaluation of Trent was. When the media asked Lee Evans about Trent's added muscle early on in camp and whether he thought it would help the deep ball Lee looked somewhat dumbfounded about the quesiton. He said Trent needed confidence in throwing the deep ball.

This is something I have been wanting to see, even if it was in practice. I knew nothing about TE from college. I knew nothing about his arm strength, so when people started questioning his arm strength. I had nothing to to compare it against. I like seeing this in practice. I hope to see it in a game. I just like seeing him go deep.

I agree with what you're saying. It's just funny how we all get whipped up into a frenzy over practice reports, then come game day they don't look anything like the practice field warriors we've been hearing about for 2 weeks. Anyways, I do believe TE has an NFL arm, just not elite. It's good enough, now if he can just get enough confidence to use it in a game instead of just dumping off.

Not disagreeing. It was a pretty throw.

Very pretty throw. Trent has very adequate arm strength. It's not great but it's definitely good enough. His problem is more gauging the throws and the trajectory, rather than having a weak arm. That one looked perfect. He threw it on a line those 45-50 yards.

When people say crappy things about Trent's Arm strength it's because they are trying to compare him to JP's mutant arm.

Trent Edwards has arm strength. i don't understand where people get that he doesn't. Does he have the arm strength of JP Losman? The answer is no. However, JP is considered to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. I would say Trent is better then average if not good in the arm strength area. Last year Coach Jauron said he had a strong arm when asked about what his evaluation of Trent was. When the media asked Lee Evans about Trent's added muscle early on in camp and whether he thought it would help the deep ball Lee looked somewhat dumbfounded about the quesiton. He said Trent needed confidence in throwing the deep ball.

IMO, it's average, and would not be considered "good arm strength" relative to most QBs in the league, especially starters. Especially as far as the real deep passes. He throws a very tight spiral though, so his ball can sometimes get 40 yards in a hurry. But it's surely not weak, and it's surely strong enough to make the throws he needs to make to be a good or potentially great QB.

Lori did you see the play at practice?

Yup. Don't know if Chris Brown mentioned it in any of his reports this evening, but it was drizzling for most of the first half of practice -- including during that play -- so Trent and the rest of the QBs managed to get in some reps at throwing a wet football ...

Very pretty throw. Trent has very adequate arm strength. It's not great but it's definitely good enough. His problem is more gauging the throws and the trajectory, rather than having a weak arm. That one looked perfect. He threw it on a line those 45-50 yards.

The best part of the throw, IMO, was not only was it fairly deep but also that it hit Hardy in stride.

Yup. Don't know if Chris Brown mentioned it in any of his reports this evening, but it was drizzling for most of the first half of practice -- including during that play -- so Trent and the rest of the QBs managed to get in some reps at throwing a wet football ...

But it wasn't cold. Don't you know Trent can't play in the cold. I read it hear numerous times.

Lori

And this is how you go to bed when you get home? Thanks for the ride to camp. I too stayed up to watch the USA get the Bronze - local news and more of the O-games. I'm at work but my eyes are not happy. That was #70 going to the hospital last night.(according to WGRZ)