Oops...footprint fireworks faked at Olympics

Beerball

I believe they (the NBC Coverage) said that they were computer generated while it was going on. Why is this such a controversy?

Based on the fact that numerous outlets are reporting it as news over the past 2 hours makes me question you, but since I didn't watch the opening I'll leave that to someone who did.

google news link

I believe they (the NBC Coverage) said that they were computer generated while it was going on. Why is this such a controversy?

Like I said earlier in the other thread... Because it is China, a country that behaves badly shouldn't get any honor. Kinda like if your neighbor was tool, would you give them any accolades? I hope not.

Based on the fact that numerous outlets are reporting it as news over the past 2 hours makes me question you, but since I didn't watch the opening I'll leave that to someone who did.

google news link

Well then that makes all those news outlets look pretty stupid, because I Tivoed the Opening Ceremonies and just went back and rewatched that part. The announcers clearly called it "Great visual computer effects" and "great cinematography" in referring to the movie director who produced the show.

Well then that makes all those news outlets look pretty stupid, because I Tivoed the Opening Ceremonies and just went back and rewatched that part. The announcers clearly called it "Great visual computer effects" and "great cinematography" in referring to the movie director who produced the show.

Yep. And I didn't need to go back to view the tape. They said it was CGI as it was shown. The MSM really loves to bend over backward to find things to be offended about.

i couldnt believe it when i saw all the links to this "scandal" surfacing today. they said it right in the broadcast.

NBC also reported it before the broadcast. I am too lazy to search for the story, but it was reported beforehand.

Oops again....

Not only was that cute little girl not singing, it wasn't even her voice on the tape.

The girl who did the singing wasn't 'cute' enough. Nice to see the Chinese catching up to us in shallowness of culture too!

And now THIS:

In a further twist, Chinese Olympic organisers today admitted to deploying "cheer squads" to create atmosphere and disguise blocks of empty seats in the sports venues.
:lol: have they no shame?

Songbird revealed!!!

google news link

I heard it also.

He very clearly said that they were added in, and that the crowd could only see them on the giant screens.