Who is your surprise cut this season?

lilannie

That's why it would be a surprise. Would Gaddis, Whittle, or Preston be much of a drop-off? I can't answer that question, but I do know Fowler is in the last year of his deal and the Bills don't seem eager to sign him to an extension and those other 3 make less money. Plus the only other starter/near-starter who has any chance of being cut would be Ko Simpson.

What makes you think the Bills "don't seem eager to sign him"?

How can you cut Simpson? He's only 1 year into the league, and that one year was pretty damn good for a rookie. Its nice to finally have someone back there that can cover from sideline to sideline.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the top candidates for "surprise" cut are : Royal, Keith Ellison, Kirk Chambers (only because he has practiced with the first team, to me he doesn't look like an NFL player worthy of being out there) and maybe Reed (even though I do think he brings something to the table).

Read sticky about removing avatar.

There's no way in hell Parrish gets cut. He's easily the second most explosive WR on this team. The fact that Josh Reed is even on this team speaks bad things about our mediocre WR corps. If JJ Hardy can win the outside WR job opposite Lee Evans and they can get Parrish in the slot where he belongs, AND LEAVE HIM THERE, the Bills will be on their way to improving.

Parrish is one of the few threats we actually have to make big plays. Josh Reed is a possession WR who gets you practically nothing in terms of any kind of threat anywhere on the field.

I'm praying our WR's shape up like this before midseason.....

#1 Evans

#2 Hardy

Slot Parrish

And then, take your pick.

Caution: While I completely agree, Lv-, be aware of the unjustified lovefest here for Reed. I've called for his 'cut' for 3 years now and get routinely flamed for it as if I've never seen a football game... Slow, not very sure-handed and represents absolutely no threat to opposing defenses.

BTW, I have seen a football game. Two big goals at either end and a bunch of undisciplined morons running around kicking each other in the shins.. Not very entertaining, IMO..

Caution: While I completely agree, Lv-, be aware of the unjustified lovefest here for Reed. I've called for his 'cut' for 3 years now and get routinely flamed for it as if I've never seen a football game... Slow, not very sure-handed and represents absolutely no threat to opposing defenses.

And you will continue to be flamed, justifiably so. Outside of Evans, Reed has been the most productive receiver on the roster for two years running. The "not very sure-handed" comment proves you haven't been watching very closely the last two years.

Is he a superstar? No, but I'd love to see the Reed-bashers post a list of the #3 WRs in the league they'd take over Josh.

And you will continue to be flamed, justifiably so. Outside of Evans, Reed has been the most productive receiver on the roster for two years running. The "not very sure-handed" comment proves you haven't been watching very closely the last two years.

Is he a superstar? No, but I'd love to see the Reed-bashers post a list of the #3 WRs in the league they'd take over Josh.

Yes, he's caught a lot of underneath balls the last couple years. That's what happens on the worst offense in the league, you're given that -while they stuff 8 in the box. Tell me 3 times he broke a tackle after his 4 yard catch!! He is emblematic of the terrible teams we've witnessed this century. A slow, average (at best) player being touted as one of our best...

The day he's finally kicked to the curb is the day the Bills have finally improved their talent level enough to seriously compete.

You're kidding about better #3's right?? Start with the Bills -Evans, Hardy, Parrish.

Wow.

IMO, Reed doesn't belong on an NFL roster. For a possession receiver, he sorely lacks in productivity.

Reed: 51 receptions 578 yards 11.3 avg

Parrish: 35 receptions 352 yards 10.1 avg

So the speed burner has a lesser YPC, but Reed lacks in productivity?

In his time with the Bills Roscoe Parrish has contributed little outside of the return game.