The Youboty Lateral

Solid, smart football play, kudos to him. I was waiting for another laterall to occur when that play was going on. :thumbsup:

Anytime someone does that it is a DUMB move. You've just gotten a turnover and a great opportunity for your offense, if you can't return the ball yourself and are about to be tackled, don't waste the turnover by potentially giving it right back to the other team. Trying to lateral the football as you are falling down is a boneheaded move. Try to return the ball for a touchdown, but if you get tackled along the way just GO DOWN, and actually make the turnover count.

Anytime someone does that it is a DUMB move. You've just gotten a turnover and a great opportunity for your offense, if you can't return the ball yourself and are about to be tackled, don't waste the turnover by potentially giving it right back to the other team. Trying to lateral the football as you are falling down is a boneheaded move. Try to return the ball for a touchdown, but if you get tackled along the way just GO DOWN, and actually make the turnover count.

The only reason why he did was because it's the preseason. If he does it during the regular season Jauron probalbly murdurs him.

The only reason why he did was because it's the preseason. If he does it during the regular season Jauron probalbly murdurs him.

How can you just make a statement like that out of nowhere? Did Ashton tell you that? Do you really think that after he intercepted the pass and ran down the field, he was about to be tackled and said to himself, "Crap... I'm getting tackled.... oh wait.... its the preseason.... maybe I'll lateral the ball to someone because the game doesn't matter"

He would have done it during the regular season too.

It's a nice play when it works, and a horrendus play when it doesn't. If Corner had scored a TD, no one would be calling Youboty out.

Given the time in the game (near end of half, if I recall) and our anemic offense, I'm guessing DJ wasn't too upset with it.

Define dumb.

It was nothing but a crowd of Bills unis behind him, for all we know, Corner called for it, and Youboty, being tackled by the waist, arms and hands free, knew he could get the ball to him without any problems. He was looking right at him, it's not like he just flung it over his shoulder.

Define dumb.

It was nothing but a crowd of Bills unis behind him, for all we know, Corner called for it, and Youboty, being tackled by the waist, arms and hands free, knew he could get the ball to him without any problems. He was looking right at him, it's not like he just flung it over his shoulder.

Is it worth it to you to potentially lose the ball after you've just taken it away?

He would have done it during the regular season too.

It's a nice play when it works, and a horrendus play when it doesn't. If Corner had scored a TD, no one would be calling Youboty out.

Given the time in the game (near end of half, if I recall) and our anemic offense, I'm guessing DJ wasn't too upset with it.

Agreed

I seem to remember somegame we played in once where a team used it against us and it worked :D