OFFICIAL BILLS VS REDSKINS GAME THREAD

sven233

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, since losman has come in and done very well, is it HAMDAN TIME!?!?!?!?!?

I am actually very interested to see Hamdan. In practice he has looked pretty solid. He has a great arm and seems to be pretty accurate. He also has good size at 6'4"or so, so he will be interesting to watch here.

Regarding Hardy: for every Marques Colston, there are a dozen wide receivers -- including some first-round picks -- who don't make an impact in their rookie year. At this point, if Hardy can win some jump balls and get teams to stop doubling Evans on every play, anything else is a bonus.

Fair enough. I was getting at the fact that it was his, and the Bills', first pre-season game, against a team who already had a game under their belts. And the 3rd down play is something I've seen Evans and Reed do plenty of times, while the false start is something that can easily be corrected, and the crossing route wasn't exactly a great pass by JP.

He needs more real game experience, like he'll get during the rest of pre-season (well, as real as pre-season CAN get), but I'd rather see him start than not come opening day. He won't get better sitting on the bench.

I agree with all of this bro.

I know around here that sometimes people jump on new players, and call them busts etc.

So when a guy like me posts what I originally did, people who don't know me might have thought I was already saying he sucks.

Not the case, I have more patience than anyone. Heck, I still think JP should be the starter, even after 4 years of proving he probably shouldn't be. :lol:

and the crossing route wasn't exactly a great pass by JP.

Not exactly....

crossing over the middle...hit him on stride....he just flat dropped it....

I'm sure nerves had some to do with it....but that pass was there

I really question Jauron pulling Edwards after 2 lackluster series. The guy needs some work -- keep him in. You already know what you have in JP. Give TE the reps. :lol::unsure:

Not all of preseason games is about seeing what you have- you see that a lot on the practice field. Much of what they are looking for is what works, what doesn't work, and why. Apparently they saw enough of what was going wrong with the first unit offense to work on in practice. Having them continually repeat the same mistakes over and over in a game serves no purpose.

Not exactly....

crossing over the middle...hit him on stride....he just flat dropped it....

I'm sure nerves had some to do with it....but that pass was there

When I saw it, it looked like it was off the mark. If he did muff it, then it's more concerning, but it could have been nerves and/or a "holy carp, I'm wide open!"