Brett Favre traded to the New York Jets per FoxSports

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, they're interviewing Rachel Nichols on ESPN right now about the Green Bay reaction right now. She sounds like she's pounded down a few sympathy PBRs or Shotz Beers with Lenny and Squiggy tonight.

Mingia, if "rode hard and hung up wet" had a sound, it would be ol' Rachel right now.

Green Bay made the right decision since the Packers do not play the Jets until 2010 at least (future opponents have only been released thru 2009). It also means Green Bay does have to eat Farve's signing bonus for next two years however so they should have asked for some cash as well.

Just heard it on ESPN News and its confirmed. Can't wait to see him throw 4 picks at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He has absolutely NO RECEIVERS to throw too.

Are you kidding me? Coles and Cotchery are a better set of receivers than we have here, and they have a better set of TE's too with Dustin Keller, Chris Baker and Bubba Franks. That was a very moronic statement.

Are you kidding me? Coles and Cotchery are a better set of receivers than we have here, and they have a better set of TE's too with Dustin Keller, Chris Baker and Bubba Franks. That was a very moronic statement.

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't believe that the Jets have made themselves significantly better with this trade, is delusional. Sorry but Brett still has game, more game than our three quarterbacks combined....

So much for two "easy wins" courteousy of the Jets this year. Not saying we can't beat them, but beating them became a WHOLE lot tougher....

Why couldn't he have been a Buc....?

Are you kidding me? Coles and Cotchery combined aren't worth Lee Evans. Not now, not ever. We'll see how Parrish, Reed and Hardy to this year..Parrish has a chance to be dangerous. I'll give you the TEs, for now, until we see how well Royal/Shouman/Fine do.

Are you kidding me? Coles and Cotchery combined aren't worth Lee Evans. Not now, not ever. We'll see how Parrish, Reed and Hardy to this year..Parrish has a chance to be dangerous. I'll give you the TEs, for now, until we see how well Royal/Shouman/Fine do.

Yet with all those "weapons" we had the 30TH RANKED OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!

No offense, but if Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens were able to put up more TDs than us, I shudder to think what they'll do with Favre. Take off the homer glasses and see this for what it is....the Jets are now MUCH better than they were before with this trade.

If Brett was traded to us, we would be 10x times better with him leading our offense. Why? Because he wouldn't have to accept the garbage offensive plays that this inept offense has been able to muster up over the last three years.

Sorry, I HATE this news, it just pours salt over my worries that neither Trent Edwards (or JP Losman) or Turk Schonert are going to make this team better...

One of our starters has no brain for the game while the other dinks and dunks and can't find the endzone AND can't play in the snow....call me a pessimist but I HATE THIS TRADE.

Thank you for correcting that idiotic statement.

Cotchery and Coles is a hell of a lot better than what we have here....Along with their TE position and without Peters I give them the edge at offensive line and without question.....Quarterback with the addition of Farve.

Context of "hell of a lot better" Neither Cotchery or Coles possess the big play ability of Evans/and whoever you want to call our #2 receiver last year. Cotchery is a very good yac receiver. He knows how to stay low, and get extra yards after the catch. I wouldn't call either them game breakers in the sense Evans or Parrish can be on occasion. Yardage wise it's a difference of a little over 300 yards between evans/reed coles/cotchery. As a total group, I'd say its fairly even. Throw Hardy into the mix maybe lean in our favor. Personally I dont think coles is anything all that great. Cotchery at this stage is a better player, and can be a weapon for years to come. The guy is a terror posession receiver. Individualy Evans is more talented then any of them. I'd call it a toss up at this moment.

Te isn't worth discussing. I've become convinced the only way the bills will ever have a good te is by complete accident lucking into one. Dustin Keller fwiw though won't see the field all that often, as he has zero blocking ability. Baker is a decent option. Franks at this stage, strictly a blocking te. The jets win this.

Offensive line. Alan Faneca for all his praise, was in pretty serious regression. He's not all that astute in pass protection. At center they're in much better shape then we are. Damien Woody hasn't been good since he played for NE. We have them beat here. Dbrickshaw Ferguson is all hype. The guy gets balled over in the run game, and has problems handling speed rushers. He may be better with Faneca next to him, but he's nothing all that impressive, and certinaly not a guy you build an oline around.

Yet with all those "weapons" we had the 30TH RANKED OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!

No offense, but if Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens were able to put up more TDs than us, I shudder to think what they'll do with Favre. Take off the homer glasses and see this for what it is....the Jets are now MUCH better than they were before with this trade.

If Brett was traded to us, we would be 10x times better with him leading our offense. Why? Because he wouldn't have to accept the garbage offensive plays that this inept offense has been able to muster up over the last three years.

Sorry, I HATE this news, it just pours salt over my worries that neither Trent Edwards (or JP Losman) or Turk Schonert are going to make this team better...

One of our starters has no brain for the game while the other dinks and dunks and can't find the endzone AND can't play in the snow....call me a pessimist but I HATE THIS TRADE.

How does Favre playing for the Jets affect the ability of Trent (or JP) or Turk to perform better? Is Favre going to intimidate them from the sideline?

How does Favre playing for the Jets affect the ability of Trent (or JP) or Turk to perform better? Is Favre going to intimidate them from the sideline?

It's in response to those who believe that we're just going to steamroll the Jets for two wins this season. QB is the most important position on a team and my worries are that the Jets have now topped us mightily in that regard. You look at the rest of their team and they are pretty even with us and with that, I believe it's gotten much more difficult for us to win the wild card. With Clemens or Pennington, I had no fear of the Jets, with Favre....yikes...

Favre is a winner and he's going to give the Jets a swagger that I believe neither of our QBs can give our team.

It's in response to those who believe that we're just going to steamroll the Jets for two wins this season. QB is the most important position on a team and my worries are that the Jets have now topped us mightily in that regard. You look at the rest of their team and they are pretty even with us and with that, I believe it's gotten much more difficult for us to win the wild card. With Clemens or Pennington, I had no fear of the Jets, with Favre....yikes...

Favre is a winner and he's going to give the Jets a swagger that I believe neither of our QBs can give our team.

Call me crazy, but this is what I love about football. I want the jets to be good and challenge us. I don't want teams to be cupcakes. I want to see my team play the best week in and week out, with hopes that they're up to the challenge. I want divisional games to matter, and so ne also doesn't face cupcakes each and every week. I still believe. It's not about staying ahead of or worrying about the jets/dolphins, at this point it has to simply be about catching the Patriots. Win your divisional games, and your odds of making the playoffs are drastically improved. I'd rather their best then their worst. JMO

I love Brett Favre and would love to see him have a good year next year, as long as it's not better than ours. I also count on him playing well against other teams and then having those classic Favre off games vs. the Bills with lots of INT"s. Not in our house dude but welcome to the AFC East. And please, spank Tom Brady at least once. We're counting on you...

Favre is the jets 53 man roster now he's that good

Ask yourself this HM, how have the Bills improved their offense to the point that other teams in our division and the NFL worry about playing us? Last year we were the 30th ranked in the league. To "improve" on that, we have decided to keep BOTH QBs that neither of which could hold onto the starter's position and instead of finding a proven offensive co-ordinator, we promote someone who had a hand (albeit it may have been small) in one of the most disasterous offensive schemes in the history of the league. I really hope that Trent (or JP) becomes a bonifide starter and Turk is an offensive genius like Charlie Weiss but those are still question marks. We also may not have Peters on our line which also creates a HUGE problem...

Meanwhile, our division rival went out and acquired one of the top QBs in the league and a guy coming off a pro bowl year to turn their offense around.

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't believe that the Jets have made themselves significantly better with this trade, is delusional. Sorry but Brett still has game, more game than our three quarterbacks combined....

So much for two "easy wins" courteousy of the Jets this year. Not saying we can't beat them, but beating them became a WHOLE lot tougher....

Why couldn't he have been a Buc....?

Last play of his "career"? Pick. A pick that killed their game and gave the Giants the win. I will take that kind of "game" from him all day, every day. Career INT record, here Favre comes!

Would you agree that Favre has now clearly demonstrated that he is a whiner, an attention-starved whiner at that, and has no problem crying to the media? Do you think that is a good plan in NYC? Anywhere in NY for that matter? You think the press in NYC or anywhere in NY are going to let up on him when things start(inevitably from where I sit) going bad?