Marshal Faulk's 2008 Prediction

I mean, aside from the fact that it's an outlandish prediction, I'm really curious as to SPECIFICALLY which offseason moves the Jets made to catch and then SURPASS a team who ALSO made ripples in Free Agency/Draft.

The Jets made more moves than the Bills.

More = Better, right?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon guys..how can you not understand atleast a tad bit where hes comeing from?....most of us have "Bills googles" on to start with...I dont agree with him but I can understand where hes comeing from....in his mind hes probably thinking 1- is Edwards the guy in Buffalo?..can he improve on last years games?..2 - is Poz really that good?...he showed some brightness in his first 3 games but can he come back and what can he really do?...3 - if Peters holds out can that O-line survive?...can Lynch run behind a line without Peters?...4 - Will Hardy help Evans actually get some catchs this year?..will any of the WR's step it up from last years performance?....5 - will the Bills offense actually do anything this season?...Can Jauron have a winning season in Buffalo...now dontget me wrong..thers just as many questions for every team in the NFL...but Buffalo hasnt proven they can be consistently good in the past 10 years....when u look at there past you have to wonder...

I say Bills go 11-5 and make Pats* have to work for a win this year let alone the AFC East title...I say Lynch runs for 1300+ yards and 400 yards recieving with a total of 17 TD's...I say even tho the Jets had a nice draft they still dont have a QB and they still suck..and I say Marshall Faulk stills sucks Jets D*cks

The part where you suggest "in his mind he's probably thinking", well, that's where you lost me. He doesn't do his homework. I also like the guy at the top of the video who said, "The Buffaloes Bill" instead of The Buffalo Bills. Can't even get the name right.

At least Faulk acknowledged that he got emails from the Bills fans, and he said he reads them.....although my guess is somebody reads them to him.

Seriously, how mad can you get at Marshall when this team hasn't made the playoffs in eight years. I used to get upset at this type of stuff, but until the Buffalo Bills actually do something of note, on the field, when it counts, against a good NFL team then Marshall and all the other doubters can say whatever they want. And arguing about who's better us or the Jets is just plain silly. Getting past the Pats and winning the AFC East is the goal. Not being better than the lousy Jets. If they're not better than the Jets in '08 then the Bills should go back to the drawing board and start over with a new head coach, coaching staff and get rid of the slacker players anyways.

Seriously, how mad can you get at Marshall when this team hasn't made the playoffs in eight years. I used to get upset at this type of stuff, but until the Buffalo Bills actually do something of note, on the field, when it counts, against a good NFL team then Marshall and all the other doubters can say whatever they want. And arguing about who's better us or the Jets is just plain silly. Getting past the Pats and winning the AFC East is the goal. Not being better than the lousy Jets. If they're not better than the Jets in '08 then the Bills should go back to the drawing board and start over with a new head coach, coaching staff and get rid of the slacker players anyways.

Those are good points. I don't think Faulk knows what he's talking about anyway, but why then do the Jets get a pass

without proving they are any better than 4-12, but the Bills are going to be worse than them? Same arguement holds: show

it on the field.

Buffalo was 3 games better than the Jets last year. It is going to be hard for any team to jump up 3 or 4 games in the standings,

especially in the AFC.

Those are good points. I don't think Faulk knows what he's talking about anyway, but why then do the Jets get a pass

without proving they are any better than 4-12, but the Bills are going to be worse than them? Same arguement holds: show

it on the field.

Buffalo was 3 games better than the Jets last year. It is going to be hard for any team to jump up 3 or 4 games in the standings,

especially in the AFC.

But the Jets did make the playoffs two years ago and it looks like Pennington is back to being fully healthy again (add to that the easy schedule which they did take advantage of two years ago). So at least that is a team that has done something of note recently. The Bills have become the Lions of the AFC. Every year they say THIS is the year and every year they disappoint. I have no problems with anybody that thinks they are full of it. The Bills need to do something special to get positive press again. They need to actually make the playoffs. I'm surprised at how many experts have gone out on a limb and say they're the surprise team in '08. Many, including Peter King, have been burned by the Bills hype before.

But the Jets did make the playoffs two years ago and it looks like Pennington is back to being fully healthy again (add to that the easy schedule which they did take advantage of two years ago). So at least that is a team that has done something of note recently. The Bills have become the Lions of the AFC. Every year they say THIS is the year and every year they disappoint. I have no problems with anybody that thinks they are full of it. The Bills need to do something special to get positive press again. They need to actually make the playoffs. I'm surprised at how many experts have gone out on a limb and say they're the surprise team in '08. Many, including Peter King, have been burned by the Bills hype before.

Yeah, I don't think Bills will make playoffs again either, maybe 9-7.

For Jets to get better than that, they would need to improve like 5 or 6 games this year? Seems like a lot to improve.

Well put. The media disrespect card was valid in 92-95 when people were picking the Dolphins/Raiders/Chiefs every year to win the AFC.

00-07 including but not limited to King's Super Bowl prediction in '03 - not so much.

Yeah, I don't think Bills will make playoffs again either, maybe 9-7.

For Jets to get better than that, they would need to improve like 5 or 6 games this year? Seems like a lot to improve.

I wasn't saying that I don't think they will make the playoffs. I really don't like trying to predict what my favorite team will do. I will say that I think that they have the talent to make the playoffs and put a scare in the big boys of the AFC, but I'll just watch them and leave the predicting to others this year. It's a make or break season for Jauron, I will say that.

I wasn't saying that I don't think they will make the playoffs. I really don't like trying to predict what my favorite team will do. I will say that I think that they have the talent to make the playoffs and put a scare in the big boys of the AFC, but I'll just watch them and leave the predicting to others this year. It's a make or break season for Jauron, I will say that.

What makes you think they have the talent to make the playoffs in the extremely competive AFC? We have no proven QB, despite having arguably the best OL in the league (who is holding out), our OL is not a strength. Stroud, even if not healthy is an upgrade, but we are thin at DT at weak at DE. This will affect our linebackers and DB's.

We are still horribly thin at WR and our RB's need to learn to block. Tight end has been a position of weakness since letting Riemersma go.

With New England, Indy, San Diego, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh looking at the playoffs and Houston ahead of us- not to mention the Jets with experience at QB and Denver being decent....I don't see us in the playoffs.

That isn't to say that we can't make significant strides and show we are moving in the right direction.

We are in year three of rebuilding from the Donahoe disaster. A disaster that decimated our offensive and defensive lines and wasted numerous draft picks on QB's, smallish WR's and second tier DE's

I of course think that hating this guy because he's a "Bills hater" is a typical TBD whinefest.

I do agree however, that he comes across as only slightly less dumb than the clueless Emmit Smith. To me this is real surprising because one of the things reporters raved about in his playing days was his smarts and that he will be a coach/gm someday. Maybe someone is telling him to dumb down because they don't want a Ron Jaworski type of x's & o's guy to fill that role.

I agree with the whinefest comment, but I am not so surprised that Faulk is a bit of a dim bulb. Thurman Thomas was pretty smart on the field too, and I love the guy, but he doesn't seem particularly bright or insightful when analyzing football...just sounds like a typical fan...some guys, like Faulk (and Thurman, Emmitt) don't offer any real insight into the game, they just read the same things that all of us other, non-players read, and draw a lot of the same conclusions...

What makes you think they have the talent to make the playoffs in the extremely competive AFC? We have no proven QB, despite having arguably the best OL in the league (who is holding out), our OL is not a strength. Stroud, even if not healthy is an upgrade, but we are thin at DT at weak at DE. This will affect our linebackers and DB's.

We are still horribly thin at WR and our RB's need to learn to block. Tight end has been a position of weakness since letting Riemersma go.

With New England, Indy, San Diego, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh looking at the playoffs and Houston ahead of us- not to mention the Jets with experience at QB and Denver being decent....I don't see us in the playoffs.

That isn't to say that we can't make significant strides and show we are moving in the right direction.

We are in year three of rebuilding from the Donahoe disaster. A disaster that decimated our offensive and defensive lines and wasted numerous draft picks on QB's, smallish WR's and second tier DE's

All our young "stars" are a year older and hopefully wiser...Whitner, Poz, Lynch, Jackson, Edwards. You add that with the solid veterans like Evans, Schobel, Stroud, Crowell, Peters, Dockery, Parrish, Reed, McGee and Greer. Add the promising McKelvin and Hardy pickups. We also have one of the best punters, a solid kicker. Did I mention a cake schedule?

The ONLY thing that should hold the Bills back from a wildcard playoff spot is the coaching staff. Now I know you don't want to hear that, being the diehard supporter of Jauron that you are, but you will find it very hard to find many other Bills fans to disagree with my assessment that they should be expected to make some serious waves in '08. If Jauron is as good as you think he is, than a wildcard should almost be a lock with the schedule that they have.

All our young "stars" are a year older and hopefully wiser...Whitner, Poz, Lynch, Jackson, Edwards. You add that with the solid veterans like Evans, Schobel, Stroud, Crowell, Peters, Dockery, Parrish, Reed, McGee and Greer. Add the promising McKelvin and Hardy pickups. We also have one of the best punters, a solid kicker. Did I mention a cake schedule?

The ONLY thing that should hold the Bills back from a wildcard playoff spot is the coaching staff. Now I know you don't want to hear that, being the diehard supporter of Jauron that you are, but you will find it very hard to find many other Bills fans to disagree with my assessment that they should be expected to make some serious waves in '08. If Jauron is as good as you think he is, than a wildcard should almost be a lock with the schedule that they have.

I am really not a diehard supporter of Jauron. SHow me someone better who is available, and I'm fine with that. They probably wouldn't caome near Buffalo though.

Schobel is a good DE, but he is all we have there. Parrish will make a catch or two a game, but he is really just a punt returner- and a very good one. Hardy will probably do less than Moulds did as a rookie. Reed is an ok slot WR, and we are nowhere close to having Jason Peters- without Peters, we will have one of the WORST offensive lines in the NFL with an inexperienced QB behind it.

As far as that cake schedule, its not so easy. I think without the weather to be a factor this time, I think Cleveland will roll us, and I think between NY and Miami there is two more losses- just figuring that neither will be as bad as last year.

I am really not a diehard supporter of Jauron. SHow me someone better who is available, and I'm fine with that. They probably wouldn't caome near Buffalo though.

Schobel is a good DE, but he is all we have there. Parrish will make a catch or two a game, but he is really just a punt returner- and a very good one. Hardy will probably do less than Moulds did as a rookie. Reed is an ok slot WR, and we are nowhere close to having Jason Peters- without Peters, we will have one of the WORST offensive lines in the NFL with an inexperienced QB behind it.

As far as that cake schedule, its not so easy. I think without the weather to be a factor this time, I think Cleveland will roll us, and I think between NY and Miami there is two more losses- just figuring that neither will be as bad as last year.

Your opinion of Cleveland is much too inflated. While they played well and were the surprise team last season, they had a horrible defense and got to play many easy teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, 49ers, and both the Ravens and Bengals twice. Schedule has a lot to do with who makes the playoffs in the AFC. To me, Cleveland is an overrated team right now that I don't even think makes the playoffs. They get to have fun playing teams like Dallas, NYG and the Eagles like we did last year. Roll on us? If that does happen, Jauron may not make it out of the parking lot.

Your opinion of Cleveland is much too inflated. While they played well and were the surprise team last season, they had a horrible defense and got to play many easy teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, 49ers, and both the Ravens and Bengals twice. Schedule has a lot to do with who makes the playoffs in the AFC. To me, Cleveland is an overrated team right now that I don't even think makes the playoffs. They get to have fun playing teams like Dallas, NYG and the Eagles like we did last year. Roll on us? If that does happen, Jauron may not make it out of the parking lot.

Cleveland has one of the best offensive lines in football AND some awesome offensive weapons. While I don't think their defense will be all world, it will be much improved from last year. I see no reason that they would not be able to run and pass on us effectively, despite their weakness at QB.

By the way, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincy don't look like world beaters in that division, so they may have a clear path to the playoffs

To this fan, if the Bills defense can be at least decent, the Bills will go as far as Edwards can take them. One thing that's been missing from the Bills for a number of years now is a QB who can actually tip the scales in their favor. One who can make the needed plays, the big plays, with some frequency, rather than a one time drive and TD throw against the Texans....(JP).

I don't know if Edwards can rise to this level this year, or ever, but much will be riding on his shoulders beginning in a few short weeks.

Agreed on Cleveland being overrated- Edwards and Winslow are major injuries waiting to happen, if their track record is any indication. Anderson really struggled down the stretch last year, and the needle is very close to "E" on Jamal Lewis. I think they're a classic 8-8 team...kind of the same team as the Bengals, really.

Agreed on Cleveland being overrated- Edwards and Winslow are major injuries waiting to happen, if their track record is any indication. Anderson really struggled down the stretch last year, and the needle is very close to "E" on Jamal Lewis. I think they're a classic 8-8 team...kind of the same team as the Bengals, really.

Somebody has to win the AFC North this year. Don't be worried about Cleveland, because if we don't get Peters back, our battle may be with Kansas City- for the first pick in the draft. Without Peters, we got nothing

Somebody has to win the AFC North this year. Don't be worried about Cleveland, because if we don't get Peters back, our battle may be with Kansas City- for the first pick in the draft. Without Peters, we got nothing

I think you're overstating the importance of Peters...by a lot. He's a very good lineman, and probably Buffalo's best player. But he's not the dominant player that Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden was 6 years ago (yet, anyway). I doubt Buffalo could make the playoffs without him, but he alone isn't the difference between an 8 to 10 win team, and a 3-13 group.