huge Bible burning completely censored in US

Having watched all the fuss about our one troop who shot a Koran, the incredible media coverage it got, not to mention a Presidential apology, the complete censorship of this story is both shocking and telling. Aside from the IHT and CNN websites, this story does not exist, except it was an AP story and reportedly parts of Europe and Russia got it, because they complained when the elected Israeli official who directed the mass Bible burning didn't seem to think he had done anything wrong. Indeed, it appears he is still in office today, because the story went nowhere here...

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/20/...ment-Burned.php

"Orthodox Jews set fire to hundreds of copies of the New Testament in the latest act of violence against Christian missionaries in the Holy Land."

""I certainly don't denounce the burning of the booklets," he said. "I denounce those who distributed the booklets.""

The CNN online version is here

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/28/...ning/index.html

Given all the money and military support we give this country, Israel, we deserve a big time apology for this, and this elected official needs to go.

We also deserve to ask some questions:

1. who is this guy?

2. does his party support Bible burning?

3. why is he still in office?

4. why was the story here in the US censored from every TV, newspaper, magazine and radio despite originating as an AP story in the IHT? In other words, our media elites saw this story. They see all AP stories. There was a "consensus" amongst our news entities that this was "not news." Why? Sure looks and sounds like news to me...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Same reason Bush apologized and disciplined the troop who shot the Koran - desecration of Holy text is an awful act of hate and intolerance... unless you think Christianity is somehow a "lesser religion" and hence deserves a double standard...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/20/...uran/index.html

Indeed, the comp of our troop who shot the Koran vs. their elected official guiding hundreds of kids to do the Bible burning is itself a pretty poor comp to justify censorship and no apology. Indeed, the Bible burning Israeli official appears to be still in office.

Same reason Bush apologized and disciplined the troop who shot the Koran - desecration of Holy text is an awful act of hate and intolerance... unless you think Christianity is somehow a "lesser religion" and hence deserves a double standard...

Indeed, the comp of our troop who shot the Koran vs. their elected official guiding hundreds of kids to do the Bible burning is itself a pretty poor comp to justify censorship and no apology. Indeed, the Bible burning Israeli official appears to be still in office.

What, is the US the defender of Christianity now? Last I checked, we're a secular state.

In fact, I'm going to burn a New Testament tonight, just because I can, and because I know now it'll piss you off. Try and have me arrested for it, dickhead. :unsure:

:unsure:

What's our official religion?

As said, there's nothing wrong with it in the foreign relations scheme. People burned paper with 8-point font text. Big whoop. Same reaction I had when someone shot and flushed the Quran. It's the Muslims who got outraged and used that manner of story as a pretext to behead people.

And now it's the Jews who are burning the bible. A curious thing to be sure to spit on many of the hands that try to help them in defense and civilian projects. Even then, tho, it doesn't represent mainstream Israel. This is just another of many extremist groups with a niche cause who want their time in the spotlight; I don't care a whit that the media, for once, didn't give it to them.

As said, there's nothing wrong with it in the foreign relations scheme. People burned paper with 8-point font text. Big whoop. Same reaction I had when someone shot and flushed the Quran. It's the Muslims who got outraged and used that manner of story as a pretext to behead people.

And now it's the Jews who are burning the bible. A curious thing to be sure to spit on many of the hands that try to help them in defense and civilian projects. Even then, tho, it doesn't represent mainstream Israel. This is just another of many extremist groups with a niche cause who want their time in the spotlight; I don't care a whit that the media, for once, didn't give it to them.

I completely disagree with the conclusion. The truth is that the media reports Islamic and Christian extremism, but not Israeli/Jew/Zionist. If this is just one act of "extremism" that "doesn't represent mainstream Israel," why is the elected Israeli public official who did it still in office?

It is also inaccurate to describe the Islamic outrage at the Koran shooting as just the extremist Islamic people. In fact, as is usually the case, the radical Islamic types appreciated the Koran shooting, as it verified their take that we are at war with Islam. If we verify their takes, they get more recruits.

Indeed, the censorship of the AP Bible burning story seems aimed at Pastor Hagee's "Christians united for Israel," because the members of that group might not be so eager to "unite for Israel" if they had not been censored by a media that clearly has double standards in what it reports and does not report. Both the burning and the subsequent censorship of the story represent a particularly annoying "supremacist" attitude. And, indeed, as you posted, they "spit" on the hand they want not only to feed and protect them, but to wipe out all of their enemies there.

I completely disagree with the conclusion. The truth is that the media reports Islamic and Christian extremism, but not Israeli/Jew/Zionist. If this is just one act of "extremism" that "doesn't represent mainstream Israel," why is the elected Israeli public official who did it still in office?

It is also inaccurate to describe the Islamic outrage at the Koran shooting as just the extremist Islamic people. In fact, as is usually the case, the radical Islamic types appreciated the Koran shooting, as it verified their take that we are at war with Islam. If we verify their takes, they get more recruits.

Indeed, the censorship of the AP Bible burning story seems aimed at Pastor Hagee's "Christians united for Israel," because the members of that group might not be so eager to "unite for Israel" if they had not been censored by a media that clearly has double standards in what it reports and does not report. Both the burning and the subsequent censorship of the story represent a particularly annoying "supremacist" attitude. And, indeed, as you posted, they "spit" on the hand they want not only to feed and protect them, but to wipe out all of their enemies there.

Ah, the "Great Jewish Media Conspiracy". I was just reading about that in Mein Kampf.

What's our official religion?

The United States has freedom of religion, but such things as "In God We Trust" on currency. The dominant religion of the US is Christian. Particular parts of the Christians in the US are being solicited to help Israel while at the same time being censored from the Bible burning story. I think that is wrong. I think a mass Bible burning directed by an elected public official is a little more serious than Bill-O's crusade of idiocy.

Who was the last elected public official you know who supervised a mass Bible burning?

Yeah, him.

We should learn from history. This is a red flag, not just the act, but the arrogant response of censoring the story and allowing the elected public official to stay in office as if he'd done nothing wrong...

Ah, the "Great Jewish Media Conspiracy". I was just reading about that in Mein Kampf.

Hiding this behind the anti-semite card is pretty lame. Is it anti-semitic to read the IHT story? Is it anti-semitic to be against mass Bible burnings? Is it anti-semitic to want the elected public official who supervised the mass Bible burning out of office? Is it anti-semitic to be outraged by a mass Bible burning?

What is specifically anti-semitic, Mr. card dealer?

The anti-semite card has been used recently for the likes of Jimmy Carter and Valerie Plame. Plame's act of "anti-semitism" was to tell us the truth that Saddam was not acquiring yellowcake from Niger. Israel, of course, wanted us in Iraq to perpetually slug it out with all of their enemies. Hence, Plame was an "anti-semite" for telling us the truth. Carter's was exposing just this type of attitude and behavior by the Israelis against the Palestinians.

Some of us noticed that the guy who hit us on 911, Osama Bin Laden, is "not a priority" while just about all of Israel's enemies who never did anything to us are the "priority."

I cheer for the US. I want Bin Laden, not all of Israel's enemies who did nothing to us. Call me an anti-semite for it if you must, but I have a word for your support of the

"War on (exclusively anti-Israel) Terror"

and that word is traitor, someone who supports the intentional diversion of our military resources for the purposes of a foreign nation with way to much influence in the media and Washington. Our priority should have been OBL all along, and that he is "not a priority" means it should be a priority to pay attention as to why...

Hiding this behind the anti-semite card is pretty lame. Is it anti-semitic to read the IHT story? Is it anti-semitic to be against mass Bible burnings? Is it anti-semitic to want the elected public official who supervised the mass Bible burning out of office? Is it anti-semitic to be outraged by a mass Bible burning?

What is specifically anti-semitic, Mr. card dealer?

The anti-semite card has been used recently for the likes of Jimmy Carter and Valerie Plame. Plame's act of "anti-semitism" was to tell us the truth that Saddam was not acquiring yellowcake from Niger. Israel, of course, wanted us in Iraq to perpetually slug it out with all of their enemies. Hence, Plame was an "anti-semite" for telling us the truth. Carter's was exposing just this type of attitude and behavior by the Israelis against the Palestinians.

Some of us noticed that the guy who hit us on 911, Osama Bin Laden, is "not a priority" while just about all of Israel's enemies who never did anything to us are the "priority."

I cheer for the US. I want Bin Laden, not all of Israel's enemies who did nothing to us. Call me an anti-semite for it if you must, but I have a word for your support of the

"War on (exclusively anti-Israel) Terror"

and that word is traitor, someone who supports the intentional diversion of our military resources for the purposes of a foreign nation with way to much influence in the media and Washington. Our priority should have been OBL all along, and that he is "not a priority" means it should be a priority to pay attention as to why...

"...because the members of that group might not be so eager to "unite for Israel" if they had not been censored by a media that clearly has double standards in what it reports and does not report. Both the burning and the subsequent censorship of the story represent a particularly annoying "supremacist" attitude. "

Funny, I just had this same reading comprehension issue with another poster the other day. Your name happen to be Elliot?

"...because the members of that group might not be so eager to "unite for Israel" if they had not been censored by a media that clearly has double standards in what it reports and does not report. Both the burning and the subsequent censorship of the story represent a particularly annoying "supremacist" attitude. "

Funny, I just had this same reading comprehension issue with another poster the other day. Your name happen to be Elliot?

You dealt the anti-semite card, and now you cannot explain why, because you have a supremacist attitude that it is

"anti-semitic"

to do anything but what Zionists want. Criticize anything, even the lies about yellowcake, and you will get the anti-semite card in your face from just such a factless traitor.

Either respond to the questions or go back to your card game, supremacist.

Rather than exporting more idiocy around the globe, how about we work to reduce the PC/pussification of our own country that led to anyone giving a sh-- about someone shooting a friggin book in the first place?

Curious where you guys are on flag burning.

I don't like it but will defend anyone's right to do so. It's a testament to the strength of the USA. And if someone wants to burn books, go right ahead. Demonstrates ignorance but won't stop freedom of religion, speech, etc.

Rather than exporting more idiocy around the globe, how about we work to reduce the PC/pussification of our own country that led to anyone giving a sh-- about someone shooting a friggin book in the first place?

Excellent point. Why should the world have cared in the 1930's that some loudmouthed hateful elected official in Germany was hosting mass Bible burnings? Censor it and certainly he won't be a problem in the future...

Curious where you guys are on flag burning.

I don't like it but will defend anyone's right to do so. It's a testament to the strength of the USA. And if someone wants to burn books, go right ahead. Demonstrates ignorance but won't stop freedom of religion, speech, etc.

There is a difference between making something illegal and condemning it as an act of hate and intolerance. We allow the KKK to burn crosses, for example, on private property. One in Northern NY State was on Geraldo about 15 years ago - Frank Birdsall. I do not support censorship, as I am clearly outraged by the censorship of this AP Bible burning story. If it is an AP story, the media brass in this country saw the story and censored it.

So, yeah, allow flag burning like cross burning, and condemn it as the pathetic act of hate, intolerance, and idiocy it is. Hate and intolerance require censorship to flourish. Stop the censorship and hate gets exposed and snuffed out before it becomes a "global" problem like Adolf.