Where o' where has BF gone.....?

Satan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

plain and simple...Houston is unstoppable at home, and has been the last month or so...they are sometrhing like 21-1 in theri last 22 home games...

75567[/snapback]

Terrific stuff by the 'stros. Their backs were to the proverbial wall the last six weeks of the regular season just to get into the playoffs. If they can finish off the Redbirds, they have a legit chance to become the third straight WC team to win it all.

Oh all the tough talk from the Yankees fans..........what happened to you again tonight????

Houston may very well beat us, we are a better team, but right now we aren't making the plays and they are.

It's a shame though, they are fundementally a horrible ball club. All they are good at is hitting homers.

It's doable though, we are done in that minor league park and we can win 2 at home.

Oh all the tough talk from the Yankees fans..........what happened to you again tonight????

Houston may very well beat us, we are a better team, but right now we aren't making the plays and they are.

It's a shame though, they are fundementally a horrible ball club.  All they are good at is hitting homers.

It's doable though, we are done in that minor league park and we can win 2 at home.

75576[/snapback]

:o:( You are pathetic. Devoid of even a shred of class in victory or defeat.

This is turning into a very similar situation as the Pistons Pacers series last year. BF starts out by declaring his team (Pacers/Cardinals) head and shoulders better then its opponent (Pistons/all of the MLB). It's so bad to the point were BF will not even acknowledge that the other team has a chance at winning.

As the series goes on and his team is not doing as well as he hoped his view changes. This new approach is saying the other team may have a chance but only because (Pacers/Cardinals) are not playing well. After his team gets beat in the series he will acknowledge your team the victor, following that he will go onto say that his team is still the better one but they lost because of officiating/injuries/poor play.

The cycle was funny enough when he did it with the Pistons and Pacers last season, now that he is doing the exact same thing it's even better.

This is turning into a very similar situation as the Pistons Pacers series last year.  BF starts out by declaring his team (Pacers/Cardinals) head and shoulders better then its opponent (Pistons/all of the MLB).  It's so bad to the point were BF will not even acknowledge that the other team has a chance at winning. 

As the series goes on and his team is not doing as well as he hoped his view changes. This new approach is saying the other team may have a chance but only because (Pacers/Cardinals) are not playing well. After his team gets beat in the series he will acknowledge your team the victor, following that he will go onto say that his team is still the better one but they lost because of officiating/injuries/poor play.

The cycle was funny enough when he did it with the Pistons and Pacers last season, now that he is doing the exact same thing it's even better.

75597[/snapback]

OK first of all, if you are going to make a post regarding the NLCS and my view of how it has gone, at least do it while stating facts.

I did in fact say I was worried about Houston.

My comments before Game 1 for those who can't read

I again after game 2 said I expected them to keep coming and playing hard. Should I pull that one up too for you dumb !@#$?

I have not complained about umpiring, and I have not acknowledged anyone as anything.

So if you are going to run your !@#$ing mouth why don't you do it when you know what you are talking about OK????

:o  :(  You are pathetic.  Devoid of even a shred of class in victory or defeat.

75596[/snapback]

Another stupid !@#$ing post from you, I'm not suprised.

What exactly did I say that was devoid of class nimrod???

Was it that I think we are better??? 105 wins compared to 93..........it's easy for me to believe that don't you think??

Maybe you didn't like that I said Houston is not a fundementally sound team??? What is their average with guys in scoring postion in the series??? If you take away home runs, it's VERY LOW.

So what was so distasteful to you !@#$head?

Was it that I think we are better???  105 wins compared to 93..........it's easy for me to believe that don't you think??

Maybe you didn't like that I said Houston is not a fundementally sound team???  What is their average with guys in scoring postion in the series???  If you take away home runs, it's VERY LOW.

75606[/snapback]

Sounds like someone ran their mouth all season long and now that they're getting ripped into for it and they can't stand the heat. People warned you not to get too excited about the regular season, but no, you ran your mouth anyway. You get what you deserve when people rip you for doing so.

The "better" team isn't the team that wins the most games in the regular season, it's the team that hits their stride late and plays great in the playoffs. They don't hand the WS trophy to the team w/ the best regular season record…

Sounds like someone ran their mouth all season long and now that they're getting ripped into for it and they can't stand the heat.  People warned you not to get too excited about the regular season, but no, you ran your mouth anyway.  You get what you deserve when people rip you for doing so. 

The "better" team isn't the team that wins the most games in the regular season, it's the team that hits their stride late and plays great in the playoffs.  They don't hand the WS trophy to the team w/ the best regular season record…

75617[/snapback]

I can take it just fine, I'm not going to go off on you, because you didn't make an idiotic post with a twisted view of things to suit your needs.

I know they don't hand the best team in the regular season the trophy, you have to earn it. The Cardinals have yet to earn it, and neither have the Astros.

I still believe we are going to win this series. I'm just sick of people coming up with garbage.

In defense of BF, a fellow hoosier, the basketball and baseball seasons are marathons. Both teams were the Best during the regular season, a much better indicator of a team's greatness. However, the playoff format is much different than the NFL, which gives a much greater value for such a feat(Home field and a BYE WEEK). 2 Wildcards winning the World Series already is proof of how ridiculous their system is(comparably how many NFL wildcards have won the Super Bowl?) In addition, Detroit was aided by a late season addition( All-Star Rasheed Wallace) and Houston IS a band box. Ask yourself, why was the roof closed for all three games.....weather?

So, although BF is frustrated by the failures of his teams in the playoffs........aren't you the HYPOCRITE! :o

In defense of BF, a fellow hoosier, the basketball and baseball seasons are marathons.  Both teams were the Best during the regular season,  a much better indicator of a team's greatness.  However, the playoff format is much different than the NFL, which gives a much greater value for such a feat(Home field and a BYE WEEK). 2 Wildcards winning the World Series already is proof of how ridiculous their system is(comparably how many NFL wildcards have won the Super Bowl?)  In addition, Detroit was aided by a late season addition( All-Star Rasheed Wallace) and Houston IS a band box.  Ask yourself, why was the roof closed for all three games.....weather?

So, although BF is frustrated by the failures of his teams in the playoffs........aren't you the HYPOCRITE! :o

75621[/snapback]

Thank you, it's nice to see someone that knows what they are talking about.

Everything you said is true, when you play 162 or 82 games the cream rises to the top, and then you get into a short series and anything can happen, injuries at the wrong time, a bad call, etc etc etc.

I am not frustrated with the Cardinals, we haven't lost the series yet, we are going home to St. Louis and can pull it out.

Ohhh, dude. You just need to admit you've been spouting off too much. Last I heard from you, you'd win tonight, then the next one.

You lost tonight. Can you win the next one?

You give bear prodding a bad name. :o  :(  :o  :lol:  :P

75628[/snapback]

OK AN ANNOUNCEMENT..........

BF IN INDIANA HAS RUN HIS MOUTH TOO MUCH. Thank you, you can continue with your life now.

Of course I know I have run my mouth too much........jeez, like anyone is that cocky without KNOWING they are being an idiot..........

In the posts that I have been serious about things, I have stated that Houston was hot and they concerned me.

I just like to have fun, that's all.

Was it that I think we are better???  105 wins compared to 93..........it's easy for me to believe that don't you think??

Maybe you didn't like that I said Houston is not a fundementally sound team???  What is their average with guys in scoring postion in the series???  If you take away home runs, it's VERY LOW.

75606[/snapback]

1.) You never said you THOUGHT the Cards were better. You claim to know it as fact. Big difference. Truth be told, I believe the Cards will take it in 7, it's just the fact you can't accept ANY defeat without qualifications / excuses that make you so laughable.

2.) You said a team that just beat yours three in a row was a fundamentally HORRIBLE ball club. WTF??! Hitting a home run requires a pretty sound swing fundamentally don't you think? Why can't you just admit when your team gets beat and offer up no excuses?

3.) I'll leave the name calling to you. More classless behavior.